Online Job Application for Zehrs Markets Jobs
Thousands of employees work for Zehrs Markets locations.Job seekers may easily find entry-level work and professional positions through Zehrs Markets with completion of an online application form.
Zehrs Job Opportunities
Zehrs parent company Loblaw Companies Ltd. currently administers the hiring process for job seekers. As one of the largest food retailers in Canada, Loblaw offers an online job application process for Zehrs Markets employment opportunities.
Most associates hired by Zehrs work at the store level. Store crew members encounter heavy retail and customer service job settings. The company also needs to hire workers for supply chains and distribution centers, pharmacies, and company corporate offices.
Each Zehrs job holds a unique set of duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Job seekers may easily find entry-level work and professional positions through Zehrs Markets with completion of an online application form. To access the Zehrs application form, individuals must first create a custom profile, complete with contact information, education, references, and skills. By completing a Loblaw Companies profile, job seekers may apply online for available grocery store positions.
Zehrs Job Positions and Salary Information
Prospective employees may qualify for work opportunities with Zehrs, like:
Zehrs clerks primarily consist of:
- Keeping stores well-stocked and presentable.
- Clerk associates may work in one of several store departments, including general grocery, dairy, frozen foods, produce, bakery, meat, and deli.
- Many Zehrs clerk jobs require some physical prowess, such as routinely lifting up to 40lbs. and standing on foot for long periods of time.
- Some departments even require operating machines like cutters, slicers, and industrial ovens that come with age restrictions.
Average hourly pay rates for Zehrs clerks rest around $12.00 to $15.00.
Cashiers with Zehrs mainly work store front-ends. Responsibilities primarily include:
- Ringing up customer purchases.
- To be successful as a cashier, candidates must possess the ability to communicate and socialize with a variety of customers.
- Zehrs Markets cashiers must also properly operate computerized register systems.
- When looking for cashiers, Zehrs Markets hiring managers desire applicants who work well under pressure.
- $10.00 to $12.00 per hour represents the average pay for Zehrs cashiers.
As the name implies, night crew members work after hours. Night crew employees spend a majority of shifts:
- Stocking up large deliveries of merchandise.
- Zehrs stockers must work quickly and efficiently.
- Successful night crew workers understand store layouts and pick up on new ideas processes in a timely manner.
- Night stockers typically earn between $13.00 and $16.00 an hour with Zehrs.
Store managers display leadership within Zehrs Markets locations. Typical job duties include:
- Supervising entry-level staff members, delegating tasks, processing payroll, and communicating with company corporate offices.
- Upwardly-mobile employees with Zehrs usually seek out store management opportunities.
- Candidates must undergo a manager trainee program, which teaches the skills Zehrs finds necessary for managers.
- Salaries for store managers usually rest around $45,000 to $50,000.
Benefits of Working at Zehrs
Zehrs Markets willingly offers several official job benefits and employee rewards. Parent company Loblaw Companies Ltd. provides medical and financial employment benefits for qualified Zehrs associates. The grocery store chain heavily promotes referrals. If an employee refers a friend for part-time or full-time work, the original worker may earn extra money. Zehrs also encourages career growth through in-house training programs, tuition assistance, and scholarship opportunities. The WorkPerks program from Loblaw Companies Ltd. even offers deals and discounts with dozens of retailers.
Insurance & Savings Packages
Zehrs Markets work benefits include medical and financial coverage. Health benefits include comprehensive medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug plans. For financial assurance, Zehrs employees may take advantage of company savings plans and wealth management services through Loblaws Financial. Zehrs Markets associates may also invest in company stock purchase plans, with a 25% match. For future planning, experienced Zehrs workers may enroll in 401(k) retirement plans.
More About Zehrs
Zehrs Markets operates exclusively in the Province of Ontario. Commonly referred to as Zehrs, the major supermarket chain manages nearly 50 locations in communities like Cambridge, Niagara Falls, Windsor, Woodstock, and Kingsville. Founded in 1950, Zehrs Markets operates under supervision of parent company Loblaw Companies Ltd. Since the inception of the company, Zehrs official motto stands as “Good value at a low price.”
How Does Zehrs Work?
Typically operating as large store locations, Zehrs Markets offers a wide range of goods, such as non-perishable grocery items, dairy products, and frozen foods. Fresh services from Zehrs Markets include meat and seafood, baked goods, produce, and deli items. Customers may even fill prescriptions through Zehrs extensive pharmacies. Zehrs releases a weekly flyer, complete with coupons and total savings on products.
Founder Emory Zehr and sons opened the first store in Kitchener, ON, Canada, in 1950. Devoted to friendly atmospheres and simple shopping experiences, Zehrs Markets continued to expand across the rest of Ontario through the latter 20th century. Zehrs Markets fell under Loblaw Companies Ltd. ownership in 1963. Today, Zehrs independently owns and operates over 40 full-service supermarkets.
Products & Services
Zehrs Markets grocery products include hundreds of non-perishable, dairy, and frozen foods. Zehrs also carries private-label brand President’s Choice, an exclusive line to supermarkets owned by Loblaw Companies Limited. To beat the competition, Zehrs offers products at significant discounts. Zehrs stores often promote new recipes and provide customer loyalty rewards. As a company, Zehrs contributes to several community organizations, such as Extra Helping National Food Drives and Children’s Charity.
Loblaw Companies Limited currently owns and operates Zehrs Markets. The largest food retailer in Canada, Loblaw owns more than 1,000 supermarkets across the country. Zehrs sister companies include Provigo, Freshmart, and Atlantic Superstore. Loblaws properties contribute over $30 billion in annual revenues. The corporation maintains a workforce of more than 136,000 employees. Company headquarters for Loblaw Companies Limited reside in Brampton, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Zehrs Markets: 15
Official Site: www.loblaw.ca/careers