Online Job Application for Zara Jobs
The first Canadian Zara locations opened during the 1980s. More than 20 Zara stores operate throughout Canada, with new stores expected to open in the near future. Over 7,000 entry-level workers and seasoned professionals work various capacities for Zara nationwide.
Zara Job Opportunities
Zara hires workers with deep-seeded interests in the fashion industry. The ability to talk freely on the subject of Zara merchandise at will often sets prospective employees apart from other candidates. Hiring representatives also search for well-kempt, stylish, and personable individuals. The company imposes strict dress codes for employees and expects associates to carry out daily tasks with professionalism at all times. Fashion-savvy, hardworking, and personable individuals often thrive in Zara jobs. Contact a local Zara Canada location to learn more about available job opportunities.
The international fashion chain typically hires new team members between the ages of 18 and 25. Minimum hiring requirements for most Canadian provinces begin around 14; however, Zara generally looks for experienced workers to fill both entry-level jobs and professional careers. During the hiring process, the fashion company screens for availability and related job skills in addition to experience in the industry.
Zara Jobs and Salary Information
Common positions for hire at Zara stores include:
Zara Canada hires professional and customer-oriented workers to fill sales associate jobs. Typical responsibilities include:
- Selling and upselling products, answering questions about products and services, and maintaining dressing rooms.
- Zara sales associates also serve as cashiers and complete transactions on computerized POS systems.
- The fashion chain offers both part-time and full-time hours for sales associate jobs.
- Zara employees generally work on foot for long periods of time and engage customers on a consistent basis.
- Pay begins around Canadian minimum wage and reaches in excess of $14.00 per hour for experienced sales workers with Zara.
The position of Zara merchandise handler involves a great deal of creativity and intuition. Applicants must generally possess:
- Sound senses of style and extensive knowledge of Zara clothing lines and products.
- College degrees or previous experience in the fashion industry typically benefit prospective employees in search of merchandise handler jobs.
- Common responsibilities include purchasing clothes from distributors and designing clothing displays and store layouts.
- Zara merchandise handlers earn between $30,000 and $32,000 a year to start.
- Annual salary options may increase up to $36,000 with solid work performance.
Like most retail stores, Zara needs professional and motivated managers to maintain operations. Careers available include assistant manager and store manager positions. Although managerial opportunities primarily involve clerical and administrative responsibilities, applicants must possess strong fashion sense for employment consideration. Most Zara locations promote managers from within. Primary responsibilities include:
- Hiring and training new associates, delegating work, collaborating with merchandise handlers on floor plans and clothing lines, driving sales, and supervising entry-level employees.
- Zara looks to hire workers with previous managerial or fashion retail experience, college degrees, excellent leadership and communication skills, and passion for the brand.
- Assistant managers regularly start out at $30,000 per year. Pay scales may increase up to $40,000 in yearly salary for Zara assistant managers.
- Store managers receive annual salary rates between $40,000 and $65,000, depending on location.
Benefits of Working at Zara
Zara offers paid training programs and avenues for career development in addition to competitive pay scales. Work environments include long lunches, fun and supportive job settings, and performance based incentives. The international fashion chain also provides employee benefits packages for full-time associates. Apply online to learn more about Zara work benefits and begin the hiring process today.
Insurance & Savings Packages
As an international company, employment benefits may vary by Zara location. Common job benefits packages include healthcare coverage, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement plans. Some stores may offer profit sharing plans, employee assistance programs, and tuition reimbursement to qualified associates. Life insurance options and generous discounts on Zara merchandise also stand readily available at most stores.
More About Zara
The Zara retail empire spans five continents and includes locations in nearly 75 countries. Founded in the mid-1970s, Zara originally sold knockoff replicas of high-end clothing lines. Sustained success led to the inclusion of designing, manufacturing, and disturbing company-made merchandise.
How Does Zara Work?
World-renowned fashion retailer Zara offers exclusive and contemporary styles of clothing. Also involved in the manufacturing and sales of fashion accessories, such as handbags and footwear, Zara primarily sells clothing for men, women, and children. Classic yet modern designs and reasonable prices draw thousands of annual customers. The company mainly operates in major cities or fashion-centric areas of densely populated countries. Zara also draws success from franchising.
Zara Canada began on the heels of continued international success with the Spanish fashion company. After growing into Portuguese and French markets within five years of business, Zara expanded into several other countries, including Canada, during the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. By October 2012, over 20 locations operated under the Zara name throughout Canada. The company also announced plans to launch a Canadian online retail site in 2012.
Products and Services
A majority of Zara stores operate in large shopping centers located in major metropolitan areas or high-fashion areas of retail commerce. Zara sells clothing for men, women, and children. Styles include fashions for all seasons and incorporate trendy yet sensible styles. Clothing lines often include pants, jackets, shirts, blouses, dresses, skirts, and shorts. Zara also sells handbags, hats, and other fashion accessories. Customers may purchase items in-store or online.
An international company, Zara Canada operates as a North American off chute of the Zara name brand. Founded in Spain in 1975, Zara manages more than 1,700 locations internationally. Zara annual revenues reach in excess of $93 billion. The company operates as a Sociedad Anonima or a corporation that employs civil law. Zara Canada maintains national headquarters in Calgary, AB, Canada. World headquarters for the fashion retail chain reside in Arteixo, Spain.
Minimum age to work at Zara: 18
Official Site: www.joinfashioninditex.com/joinfashion/