Online Job Application for Wholesale Club Jobs
Originating as Real Canadian Wholesale Club, national retail company Wholesale Club operates a chain of warehouse-format department stores with locations throughout Canada. Parent company Loblaw Companies Ltd. created the Wholesale Club concept to compete with American Big Box department store chain Costco. Roughly 65 Wholesale Club stores operate in eight Canadian provinces. The supermarket company employs around 2,000 entry-level workers and seasoned professionals across the network of stores and distribution centers.
Customers often cite the availability of goods and deep discounts as major draws to the Canadian wholesale department store chain. Wholesale Club offers members exclusive access to bargains typically reserved to distributors and wholesalers. Products sold in Wholesale Club range from general grocery items and non-perishable foods to clothing, electronics, health and beauty supplies, and household decorations. Most Wholesale Club stores sit in convenient and accessible locations just off major highways or in densely populated areas.
Wholesale Club applicants may find work as entry-level associates in a variety of jobs. The nationwide retailer also hires full-time job seekers for careers in management and company corporate offices. Typical hiring requirements include customer service skills and friendly, motivated personalities. Experience in the grocery store industry or retail industry may benefit prospective employees. Consult a local Wholesale Club store for more details or apply online to begin the hiring process now.
Wholesale Club Jobs and Salary Information
Canadian law generally permits individuals as young as 16 to gain employment in the retail industry. Applicants must meet the minimum age of 16 years old for hiring consideration from Wholesale Club stores. Wholesale Club jobs offer competitive base pay, employee benefits, and career advancement. Workers also enjoy flexible scheduling and rewarding job settings. Complete an online application form for the following jobs with Wholesale Club:
- The most widely available part-time position at Wholesale Club stores, cashier jobs involve operating cash registers and interacting with customers.
- Cashier associates directly handle money transactions and complete sales.
- The ability to use computerized POS systems proves beneficial during the hiring process.
- Associates may work days or nights, depending on availability.
- Typical work weeks for Wholesale Club cashiers consist of 15 to 30 hours.
- Pay scales begin at minimum wage.
- Experienced associates may earn as much as $14.00 per hour.
- Another entry-level job title, the position of Wholesale Club clerk offers part-time and full-time hours and mainly consists of assisting customers and carrying out departmental duties.
- Primary responsibilities often include cleaning and organizing assigned departments, stocking shelves, and answering questions about products, services, and policies.
- Wholesale Club clerks also upsell products.
- Sales skills and the ability to effectively interact with customers often serve as ideal characteristics sought during Wholesale Club job interviews.
- The average clerk makes between $12.00 and $14.00 in hourly pay.
- Wholesale Club also offers opportunities for career-minded individuals.
- Applicants 18 and over with excellent leadership skills represent ideal candidates for managerial careers.
- Wholesale Club managers hire and train new workers, set employee schedules, and delegate daily assignments.
- Additional responsibilities include various administrative and clerical tasks, such as payroll, inventory, and communicating with company corporate offices.
- Managers must hold previous experience in either a previous managerial role or in the grocery store industry for employment consideration.
- Jobs available include supervisor, department manager, and store manager.
- Wholesale Club supervisors receive hourly pay rates falling between $13.00 and $14.00, on average.
- Department managers receive annual salary options between $40,000 and $70,000.
- Store manager salary rates may exceed $90,000, depending on experience and location.
Benefits of Working at Wholesale Club
In addition to generous wages, Wholesale Club employees enjoy paid training programs and developmental paths for personal and professional growth. Like most Loblaw subsidiaries, Wholesale Club also offers employment benefits packages. Workers must typically work full-time in order to access all employee benefits available. Apply online with Wholesale Club to review work benefits qualifications and find meaningful grocery store jobs now.
The nationwide grocery store chain provides sound financial planning and healthcare options to eligible employees. Job benefits available from Wholesale Club include 401(k) retirement plans, profit sharing plans, paid time off, medical and dental coverage, and life insurance options. Wholesale Club employment benefits also include generous discounts to popular attractions and events, health and fitness centers, and on in-store merchandise.
Founded in 1991 as Real Canadian Wholesale Club, the small retail chain grew to six locations by 1994. Parent company Loblaw pushed for nationwide expansion and eventually opened stores throughout Canada. The acquisition of Provigo by Loblaw in 1998 facilitated the nationwide expansion and saw the addition of more than 30 stores in the following five years. In 2005, Real Canadian Wholesale Club merged with sister brands Club Entrepot and Presto to form Wholesale Club.
Products and Services
Wholesale Club stores sell everything from grocery items to large appliances, clothing, electronics, and toys. Customers find products in large bulk and at wholesale retail prices. The supermarket store also offers additional discounts to business owners. Wholesale Club remains open to the public and requires no membership affiliation to shop at store locations.
One of the biggest draws for Loblaw Companies Limited, Wholesale Club generates billions of dollars in annual sales. The department store chain operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw, which trades publicly as L on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Annual revenues for Loblaw Companies Limited reach in excess of $30 billion. Both companies maintain corporate headquarters in Brampton, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Wholesale Club: 16
Official Site: www.loblaw.ca/careers