Online Job Application for Waves Coffee House Jobs
A popular coffee shop chain and hangout spot, Waves Coffee House manages around 30 locations and offers delicious coffee-inspired drinks, teas, and snack items at reasonable prices. The basic concept of Waves Coffee House began as a place for friends to meet over good drinks. The company evolved and officially came to fruition in 2005. Waves Coffee House gained near-instant notoriety as a low-key but wholly enjoyable coffee shop experience and drew thousands of customers annually, which facilitated the need for new locations.
The widely diverse drink menus and creativity of Waves Coffee House baristas serve as a testament to the success of the brand. Unlike the hustle and bustle of many large coffee shop chains, which regularly promote live music shows, Waves Coffee House locations promote interaction and conversation between customers and between customers and staff. Patrons enjoy quiet dining areas and extensive menus featuring daily coffee offerings, espressos, mochas, lattes, frappuccinos, and cappuccinos. Most Waves Coffee House locations sit on busy street corners or as part of large, heavily trafficked shopping centers.
The coffee shop industry offers myriad employment opportunities for first-time workers and career professionals alike. Part-time and full-time positions stand readily available for applicants in search of work with companies like Waves Coffee House. A majority of Waves Coffee House jobs involve customer service and food preparation. Workers must feel comfortable dealing with the public on a regular basis and able to adhere to health and safety guidelines at all times. Contact a local Waves Coffee House for details on the hiring and application process and to receive immediate employment consideration.
Waves Coffee House Jobs and Salary Information
Applicants must meet the minimum age requirements for employment consideration set forth by provincial law to work for Waves Coffee House. Work environments typically feature casual and laid back settings with emphasis on customer appreciation and satisfaction. Refer to the following list of positions for more information on Waves Coffee House jobs:
- Waves Coffee House baristas carry out several customer service oriented job responsibilities.
- Baristas greet customers, take food and drink orders, prepare menu items, and answer questions about policies, menus, and services.
- Waves Coffee House barista jobs typically feature part-time hours.
- However, Waves Coffee House offers full-time barista positions, as well.
- Applicants with experience using coffee and kitchen-related equipment typically receive additional hiring consideration over other applicants.
- Personable and friendly attitudes also benefit prospective employees.
- Pay scales begin at minimum wage.
- The position often features the ability to earn gratuities and increases in pay based on performance and time spent with the company.
- Full-time job seekers and career-oriented individuals may take interest in managerial opportunities available at Waves Coffee House locations.
- Applicants must stand at least 18 in order to work as managers.
- Additional hiring requirements may include experience in the coffee shop industry or in customer service, high school diplomas, and reliable transportation to work.
- Strong organizational, motivational, and leadership skills often prove necessary, as well.
- Waves Coffee House managers generally oversee hiring and training of new workers, scheduling, payroll, inventory, ordering, and customer satisfaction.
- Supervisors may earn as much as $14.00 per hour.
- Full managers may make as much as $35,000 to $40,000 annual salary, depending on experience.
Benefits of Working at Waves Coffee House
Competitive pay scales, relaxing work environments, and paid training serve as typical job benefits available to both new-hire Waves Coffee House employees and tenured associates. The coffee shop company also extends discounts on food and drinks to workers. Waves Coffee House training programs include extensive lecture and orientation on coffee, including history, connoisseurship, and preparation.
Full-time Waves Coffee House associates may also enjoy work benefits packages. Job benefits eligibility requirements and availability often vary by franchise. Depending on location, eligible employees enjoy paid time off, medical insurance, life insurance, and 401(k) retirement plans. Complete and submit an application form to learn more about Waves Coffee House employment benefits and begin the hiring process today.
Founded in 2005, Waves Coffee House stands recipient of several local and national awards for customer service and overall operations. In 2008, Waves Coffee House received recognition as one of the most popular brands in the country by parent company The Brand Coaches. After achieving sustained success with the first location opened in Vancouver, BC, Canada, the coffee shop chain began franchising, which included new locations in the neighboring Province of Alberta. Roughly 30 Waves Coffee House locations operate in Canada as of August 2013.
Waves Coffee House offers patrons wide selections of coffee-inspired drinks. Daily offerings include several roasts of coffee, lattes, cappuccinos, espressos, frappuccinos, and mochas. Smoothies and other-iced beverages also grace Waves Coffee House drink menus. The coffee shop chain offers catering services, as well. Customers may place catering orders online or in-store.
A private company, Waves Coffee House operates under control of The Brand Coaches. A Canadian franchising corporation, The Brand Coaches oversees expansion of Waves Coffee House. The popular coffee shop chain generates millions of dollars in annual revenues. Waves Coffee House maintains corporate offices in New Westminster, BC, Canada, and Calgary, AB, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Waves Coffee House: 14
Official Site: http://wavescoffee.com/careers