Online Job Application for Walmart Jobs
Serving more than 200 million customers each week, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates across the globe. Walmart Canada employs more than 80,000 workers across the country and serves as one the largest employers in the country. Waterstone Human Capital Inc. ranks Walmart Canada among the top 10 most admired company cultures.
Walmart Canada continues to grow each year. The department store retailer always seeks diligent, customer-focused workers to fill store jobs.
The retailer offers a host of part-time jobs and full-time careers in areas, such as customer care, optical, pharmaceuticals, distribution, and store management. WalMart Canada jobs offer excellent pay rates. To stay competitive with other employers, Walmart Canada benchmarks salaries against other retailers twice a year.
Walmart Canada Positions and Salary Information
Common Walmart Canada jobs include:
Sales associates with Walmart work in an assigned area and provide customer assistance.
- Primarily sales responsibilities include answering questions, locating merchandise, and answering phone calls.
- Sales workers may need to ensure merchandise is properly signed and organized.
- Walmart sales associates in Canada generally earn between $9.00 and $12.00 an hour.
Cashiers greet customers and complete register transactions.
- Walmart needs cashiers to scan items quickly and efficiently, and cashiers must meet hourly scanning goals.
- A cashier may also assist customers with bagging and loading merchandise.
- Cashiers at Canadian Walmart stores make about $10.50 per hour.
People greeters, commonly referred to as greeters, smile and provide friendly greetings to guests entering Walmart stores.
- Additionally, people greeters perform loss prevention functions, such as attaching return tickets to return items, identifying large outbound purchases, and verifying customer receipts.
- Greeters with Walmart also maintain the cleanliness of the entrance.
- Greeters may earn between minimum wage and $11.00 an hour.
Also referred to as stockers, Walmart instock associates fill product levels on the sales floor.
- Key job duties include organizing and unloading deliveries, performing daily maintenance routines, and adhering to visual merchandising plans.
- Some instock associates must operate forklift and pallet jack equipment.
- Instock associates with Walmart must adhere to all health and safety guidelines.
- Stockers and instock associates earn about $11.00 per hour.
Benefits of Working at Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada gained notoriety as one of the best company cultures in Canada because of its generous work benefits. Eligible store employees earn customizable health, drug, dental, and travel assistance benefits. To assist with financial security, Walmart Canada offers future savings plans and company stock options. Additionally, part-time and full-time workers may earn annual bonuses. All Walmart store associates enjoy generous discounts on store merchandise and an addition 10% discounts for two weeks in November.
More About Walmart
Walmart also offers ample opportunities for career advancement. Approximately 80% of managers were promoted from within and about 30% of home office employees grew into positions for advancement opportunities. Apply online for a Walmart Canada job to learn more about career development opportunities.
Walmart Stores Inc. established the Canadian division of Walmart in 1994. Managing a network of more than 350 stores, Walmart Canada operates in nearly every territory. The Walmart Canada network includes over 150 supercenters, more than 250 traditional discount stores, and an environmental demonstration store located in Burlington, Ontario. Headquarters for Walmart Canada reside in Mississauga, ON.
What Does Walmart Offer?
Dedicated to helping customers save money and live better, Walmart Canada offers a wide range of products at unbeatable prices. Each store carries over 100,000 different products, including clothing, home decor, electronics, office supplies, toys and video games, furniture, health and beauty items, and groceries.
Products and Services
Similar to Walmart in the United States, Walmart Canada offers a vast array of general merchandise and groceries items for everyday life. A typical Walmart Canada location includes a garden center, pharmacy, optical center, Tire & Lube express, photo lab, bank branch, and a McDonalds. Tending to the unique Canadian culture, Walmart Canada offers more advertising inserts in local newspapers than its America counterpart. Additionally, Walmart Canada offers a larger variety of furniture, pet supplies, and consumer electronics than Walmart in the U.S.
Sam Walton opened the first Walmart store in Rogers, AR, in 1962. Walton followed his vision to offer the lowest prices anytime, anywhere. By 1967, Walmart maintained approximately 24 stores, and the company incorporated as Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. in 1969. The retail chain experienced substantial growth over the next few decades, and by 1990, Walmart Served as the largest retailer in the United States. In 1991, Walmart began international expansion by opening stores sin Mexico. By 1994, Walmart began operations in Canada. In 1999, Walmart became the largest private employer in the world. Today, Walmart operates more than 10,000 stores worldwide.
Revenues and net income for Walmart Canada contribute to the financial information for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. A retail giant, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. earns over $440 billion in annual revenue. Yearly net income for Walmart averages at about $15 billion. Walmart trades on the NEW York Stock Exchange under the symbol, WMT.
Minimum age to work at Walmart: 16
Official Site: http://walmartcanada.ca/Pages/Careers/184/184/184