Online Job Application for Valu-mart Jobs
Canadian supermarket Valu-mart, often styled as valu-mart, offers name-brand products and private-label brands at affordable prices. Valu-mart stores primarily operate in Ontario along with a single location in Quebec. The store stands as a part of National Grocers Retailers, which employs more than 8,000 workers in roughly 170 stores across Ontario. Valu-mart offers traditional departments like grocery, bakery, deli, produce, meat, and seafood.
The supermarket giant provides customers diverse grocery departments and services, such as photo labs, kids play areas, Holy Smokes, Natural Value, and a variety of general merchandise areas. Valu-mart store layouts consist of open-floor spacing in warehouse-style formats to allow for convenient shopping. Supermarket Valu-mart offers everything from grocery food items, canned goods, produce, and dairy items to baby and beauty products, frozen foods, desserts, meats, and household cleaning supplies. The Valu-mart website features recipe ideas, allows patrons to sign-up for email alerts with promotional discounts and coupons, and displays web flyers advertising sales and events at local Valu-mart supermarkets.
Valu-mart consistently hires on a regular basis for both full-time and part-time entry-level jobs and professional careers. Hiring managers seek out motivated and positive applicants to perform basic store operations. Common employment opportunities exist for high school and college students, retirees, and part-time employment seekers. Employment with Valu-mart requires little-to-no previous experience. Primary responsibilities for entry-level positions mainly center on customer service. Workers should apply online with Valu-mart to begin a new and exciting career in the grocery industry today.
Valu-mart Positions and Salary Information
The Canadian grocery store chain uses the interview process to screen for and hire exceptional candidates. Applicants must meet the minimum hiring age of 14 to secure a job with Valu-mart. Special work permits allow job seekers to begin work as early as age 12, in some cases. Valu-mart applicants with flexible schedules, team-oriented values, and positive attitudes fair well during the interview process. Consult the following list for available jobs at Valu-mart:
Customer Service Clerk
- An entry-level job, customer service clerks stand as the face of Valu-mart and assists patrons when needed.
- The predominantly part-time position involves providing exceptional customer service.
- Additional job duties include retrieving shopping carts, price checking items for cashiers, and keeping stores clean and organized.
- Valu-mart customer service clerks begin at minimum wage and may receive increases in pay up to $12.00 an hour.
Night Crew Clerk
- Night crew clerk positions with Valu-mart may require applicants to work nights.
- Responsibilities include restocking shelves, building or moving store displays, and ensuring the correct shelf stickers.
- Most Valu-mart night crew clerk employees work long hours on foot.
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs. and work in cold environments often proves necessary for employment.
- Potential associates must display outgoing, personable, and positive attitudes and the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Job applicants must adhere to safety practices with the use of pallet jacks, dollies, and carts according to Valu-mart policies and procedures.
- Typical pay rates for night crew clerk jobs fall between $10.00 and $14.00 per hour.
- Valu-mart cashier employees work store front-ends.
- Cashiers answer customer inquiries, operate computerized cash registers, process customer orders, and ensure clean and organized work areas.
- The position generally requires associates to stand for long periods of time.
- Hiring managers seek reliable, hard-working applicants with excellent customer service skills.
- Valu-mart cashiers receive minimum wage hourly pay at start.
- Experienced cashiers may tap into pay scales up to $13.00 an hour.
- Valu-mart hires individuals with strong leadership and organizational skills to oversee day-to-day store operations.
- Managerial positions include supervisor, assistant manager, and store manager.
- Qualified applicants with proper education and prior job experience gain additional hiring consideration over other applicants during the Valu-mart interview process.
- Primary responsibilities include administrative work, such as communicating with corporate offices, hiring and training new workers, processing payroll, and scheduling associates.
- Supervisors oversee store departments and earn salary options between $32,000 and $38,000 per year.
- Valu-mart assistant managers oversee store operations and work alongside store managers.
- Salary rates for assistant managers fall around $40,000 to $50,000 a year.
- Store managers oversee store operations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Valu-mart store managers may earn annual wages in excess of $60,000.
Benefits of Working at Valu-mart
Valu-mart ensures quality care for all employees and offers sound healthcare options through parent company Loblaw Companies Ltd. Upon hire, Valu-mart associates enjoy flexible scheduling, store discounts, paid training, educational opportunities for career advancement, and competitive base pay. Full-time employees receive healthcare options, such as medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plans. Apply online to discover more job benefits and healthcare options with Valu-mart.
The supermarket giant understands the importance of financial planning and offers sound financial assistant programs for eligible workers. Qualified employees receive 401(k) retirement plans and stock options to help plan for the future. Valu-mart stands behind the idea of balancing life and work and provides paid time off and employee assistance programs. Additional scholarship programs allow working students the ability to help pay for college and continue educational programs for career advancement. Interested individuals should fill out an online application form to take advantage of Valu-mart employment benefits and job opportunities now.
The first Valu-mart came into existence during the 1980s operating under National Grocers Retailers. Valu-mart operates as a subsidiary of parent company Loblaw Companies Ltd. Stores run as franchises and mainly operate in the Province of Ontario. Throughout the 1990s, National Grocers acquired several Loeb stores, which rebranded as Valu-mart. Today, Valu-mart consists of approximately 70 supermarket locations in rural communities.
Products and Services
Valu-mart offers loyal patrons name-brand quality products at discount prices. The company website provides nutritional information on products sold in-store. In addition to nutrition, the Valu-mart website also offers recipes for customers to download using Valu-mart products. Customers may also sign-up for email alerts pertaining to sales events and discounted promotional coupons.
The Canadian grocery store chain operates as a franchised supermarket through parent company Loblaw Companies Ltd. With many key flagship stores and franchise stores across Canada, Loblaw Companies Ltd. produces annual revenues of around $30 billion and employs well over 130,000 workers in retail jobs and more advanced careers. Loblaw Companies Ltd. trades as a public company on the TSX under the symbol L. Both Valu-mart and Loblaw maintain headquarters in Brampton, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Valu-mart: 14
Official Site: www.valumart.ca/LCLOnline/workWithUs.jsp