Online Job Application for The Bay Jobs
One of the most popular retailers in Canada, The Bay operates over 90 stores across the country. With so many locations, The Bay employs thousands of workers across Canada.
McDonalds Job Opportunities
The retail industry may provide exciting opportunities for first-time entrants into the workforce. Experienced applicants should not feel discouraged looking for jobs with The Bay, as department stores need plenty of shift leads and managers. Most stores still carry paper job applications for local workers. Candidates may also apply online with The Bay for jobs across the country. Age requirements for Bay employees usually rest around 16 for most department store jobs.
How to Apply
Interested job seekers may apply to the nearest The Bay to start the hiring process. Individuals may also apply online for even more information on employment with The Bay Canada.
Popular Positions and Salary Information with The Bay
Positions commonly for hire with The Bay include:
Sales associates with The Bay perform a multitude of customer service duties. These duties include:
- Sales workers must make each shopper feel comfortable.
- Sales associates help customers find merchandise, get proper sizing, and even set up special orders for products not in the store.
- Additional responsibilities for The Bay store employees include keeping the sales floor neat, tidy, and well-stocked.
- Successful sales associates with The Bay may earn promotions to sales team lead positions, in addition to collecting commissions.
- Hourly wages for sales associates at the upscale department store average about $11.00 to $13.00 per hour.
The Bay counter associates usually earn the position after spending some time with the company. The store offers services in beauty supplies, fragrances, and jewelry, all with a need for quality attendants. Counter associates with The Bay must:
- Become educated and learn about store products.
- Like many sales workers, The Bay offers counter associates commission on sales and hourly wages around $12.00 to $15.00.
Store managers with The Bay carry a rather heavy workload. Managers must:
- Monitor and guide team members in every department of the store, from the sales associates to the salon stylists.
- Eligible store managers typically possess significant experience in the retail industry.
- Quite often, stores promote current The Bay employees to the ranks of store manager or supervisor.
- However, any experienced retail worker may apply with The Bay department stores to begin the hiring process.
- Managerial salary rates with The Bay range from $45,000 to $60,000 a year.
With so many locations across Canada, The Bay department stores runs just like any other business with a corporate parent. Corporate employees for The Bay mainly work for Hudson’s Bay Company, based out of Toronto, ON. Corporate careers with The Bay usually become available to:
- Experienced individuals and college-educated applicants.
- The company even offers internship and graduate opportunities to students.
- Pay scales for corporate employees with Hudson’s Bay Company vary greatly depending on experience and job title.
Benefits of Working at The Bay
Work benefits for The Bay employees filter through parent Hudson’s Bay Company. Most job benefits through The Bay usually come down to several qualifications and other requirements. For example, full-time team members and management personnel may earn additional perks over entry-level or part-time associates. Employment benefits from The Bay include medical and financial programs.
Insurance & Savings Packages
Medical benefits for The Bay workers mainly include health, vision, and dental insurance. Optional coverage includes short-term and long-term disability insurance. Health savings accounts for qualified team members include care for dependents, as well. Financial perks available to The Bay associates largely include employee savings accounts, financial wealth management, and future planning assistance. Eligible workers may even take advantage of a 401(k) retirement plan from Hudson’s Bay Company.
More About The Bay
The Bay offers a classy yet affordable shopping experience, with thousands of products for men, women, and children. The Bay operates as the main brand for Hudson’s Bay Company, one of North America’s oldest companies. Present in nearly every Canadian province, The Bay department stores carry English and French-speaking services.
The Bay department stores first opened in 1881. Formed in Winnipeg, Manitoba, The Bay simply went under the name, Hudson’s Bay Company. The store operated primarily in Western Canada before moving throughout the rest of the country in the 1960s. In 1972, the department store chain officially became The Bay. Presently, The Bay operates almost 100 department stores across the country. Headquarters for The Bay reside in Toronto, ON.
Products and Services
First and foremost, The Bay offers clothing and accessories for men, women, and children. Shoppers may find shirts, pants, shoes, and outerwear. Outside of clothing, The Bay carries accessories like handbags, jewelry, and beauty products. Most stores sell home items, such as bedding, furniture, stationary, bath supplies, and kitchenware and cook supplies. The Bay even offers an exclusive line of clothing and accessories in store as well as online.
The Bay department stores currently operate under supervision from Hudson’s Bay Company. Hudson’s Bay Company operates the oldest company in North America, founded in 1670. Sister companies of The Bay include Canadian retailers Zellers, Home Outfitters, and Lord & Taylor. A public company, Hudson’s Bay Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the initials, HBC. Through The Bay and other stores, Hudson’s Bay Company creates more than $7 billion annually in Canadian dollars. NRDC Equity Partners currently owns HBC and The Bay.
Minimum age to work at The Bay: 16
Official Site: www.thebay.com/eng/aboutus/careers.cfm