Online Job Application for SuperValu Jobs
A prominent grocery store franchise, SuperValu operates primarily in Western Canada. Established in the 1950s, SuperValu grocery stores peaked during the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. The grocery giant offers name-brand products with the unique President’s Choice line of products as well as affordable generic brands for everyday needs. Atlantic Wholesalers, a subsidiary to Loblaws Companies Ltd., operates SuperValu locations in Maritimes, which feature supermarket sections like seafood, deli, health and beauty, bulk food, meat, baked goods, and produce.
Advertising as a neighborhood grocer, SuperValu offers wide selections of grocery items. SuperValu stores feature meat and seafood, produce, bakery, deli, floral, household supplies, canned goods, heand and beauty, and baby products. Each SuperValu store additionally features lotto centers, automated teller machines, fresh popcorn stands, underground parking, hot and ready food, and rug doctor stations. A wide array of services and inexpensive products married with convenient locations allow SuperValu grocery stores to serve thousands of customers each week.
SuperValu stores look to hire for entry-level employment opportunities and professional careers to maintain store operations. Job seekers with or without experience in the grocery store industry may apply for either full-time or part-time work. Career-minded individuals may apply online for managerial work or corporate positions. SuperValu jobs available mainly consist of entry-level work, such as cashiers and store associate positions. Traditionally, applicants with open schedules and team-oriented attributes gain additional consideration during SuperValu interviews. Submit a completed application form for further details on available jobs with SuperValu today.
SuperValu Positions and Salary Information
Applicants as young as age 15 may apply for work with SuperValu. Hiring managers seek out motivated individuals with outgoing and positive personalities for employment. SuperValu offers flexible scheduling, competitive base pay, and friendly work environments with opportunities to advance within the grocery store chain. The following list features available jobs at SuperValu:
- The most widely available entry-level position at SuperValu stores, the position of cashier includes working store front-ends and providing exceptional customer service.
- Primary responsibilities include greeting customers, ringing up purchases, handling money, and answering questions about company policies, products, and services.
- Starting pay for SuperValu cashier workers begins around minimum wage and may increase up to $12.00 an hour.
- SuperValu store associates work in various departments, such as deli, meat, dairy, and bakery.
- Workers regularly stock store shelves, build displays, and assist other store employees when needed.
- SuperValu store associates answer customer questions regarding store products, policies, procedures, and services.
- Hiring managers seek out applicants with schedule flexibility, strong work ethics, and desires to learn and grow within the company.
- Hourly pay rates for store associates begin around minimum wage and may increase to more than $13.00 per hour.
- The Canadian grocery store chain hires qualified, career-oriented applicants for supervisory roles and managerial positions.
- Entry-level employees may advance into supervisory or management roles with proper work experience and time spent with the company, as well.
- The SuperValu management team mainly executes administrative duties, such as clerical work, hiring and training new employees, scheduling associates, delegating tasks, processing payroll, and communicating with company corporate offices.
- Supervisory positions oversee departmental aspects of SuperValu stores and pay annual salary options between $32,000 and $40,000, on average.
- SuperValu assistant managers work alongside store managers and oversee day-to-day store operations.
- Assistant managers with the supermarket chain earn yearly salary rates between $40,000 and $50,000.
- Store managers oversee entire SuperValu store operations and may receive in excess of $55,000 a year.
Benefits of Working at SuperValu
SuperValu provides exceptional job benefits and healthcare coverage for crew members through parent company Loblaw Companies Ltd. In addition to monetary compensation, SuperValu provides paid training and educational programs for career advancement opportunities. Qualified associates receive healthcare coverage and access to financial assistance planning. Apply online for further information regarding work benefits offered through SuperValu now.
Investing in entry-level employees and full-time workers, SuperValu provides financial assistance for team members. The grocery chain offers store discounts up to 10% off eligible products at all Loblaw corporate stores. 401(k) retirement plans and profit sharing options help qualified workers plan for the future. SuperValu balances life and work with paid time off and employee assistance programs. Applicants should contact the supermarket chain to discover meaningful grocery store jobs and SuperValu employment benefits today.
SuperValu stores emerged during the 1950s from former Loblaws grocery stores. Rapid expansion throughout the 1970s and 1980s spurred a loyal customer following and help build the Supervalu reputation. During the mid-1970s, many SuperValu stores became Real Canadian Superstore locations. The company continued to grow during the 1990s and 2000s. Present-day locations primarily operate in British Columbia.
Products and Services
The Canadian supermarket chain offers patrons name-brand items along with private-label brands like President’s Choice, Blue Menu, No Name, and President’s Choice Organic. Items sold in SuperValu stores list with the lowest price possible and offer the highest quality in produce, meats, seafood, bakery, and deli goods. SuperValu stores operate 365 days a year and stay open for 24 hours, which allows patrons to shop at any time of the day. Customers may also sign-up for email alerts and special promotional discounts through the company website. Additionally, SuperValu maintains strong connections with local communities and organizations and regularly supports events and celebrations through sponsorships and food donations.
SuperValu operates as a franchised grocery store through parent company Loblaw Companies Ltd. Subsidiaries combined, Loblaw Companies Ltd. produces roughly $30 billion in annual revenue. The company trades publicly on the TSX under the symbol L. The Canadian grocery store giant employs well-over 130,000 workers at the corporate level and retail level. SuperValu offices sit in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Loblaw Companies Ltd. headquarters rest in Brampton, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at SuperValu: 15
Official Site: www.loblaw.ca/careers