Online Job Application for Sport Chek Jobs
As the only big box vendor of sporting goods in Canada, Sport Chek offers a range of athletic apparel. The company sells many popular brands as well as its own line of products.
Sport Chek Job Opportunities
Due to a large demand for workers, shops hire frequently. With more than 130 locations across Canada, the stores regularly hire entry-level employees to serve guests. Hiring managers look for full-time, part-time, and seasonal workers. Job seekers can apply online or submit a Sport Chek application form in-store.
Sport Chek Jobs and Salary Information
An energetic, friendly employee with strong math skills will thrive in this Sport Chek career. Sport Chek is looking for workers to fill these roles:
Key duties for cashiers include:
- Greet patrons and complete purchases.
- This includes handling cash, returns, and customer issues.
- The typical pay per hour is about $11.00.
Job duties for a shipper/receiver include:
- Workers maintain inventory levels in stores and keep the stock room clean and organized.
- These employees must be able to lift at least 22 kg since they load and unload delivery trucks.
- Hourly wages commonly hover around $12.00.
Responsibilities for a sales associate include:
- Employees must guide customers in need of proper attire or equipment.
- Past experience helps but is not required.
- The hourly pay rate is around $11.00.
- Applicants who have a passion for active, healthy living do well in this entry-level Sport Chek job.
Sport Chek Job Benefits
Employment benefits include competitive hourly wages and merchandise discounts. The employers offer flexible work schedules too. Managers try their best to accommodate worker requests. Full-time Sport Chek jobs may earn time off, paid vacation, healthcare coverage, and salary options.
The retailer provides sponsorships to various sports teams. This support isn’t limited to professionals, though. Sport Chek also helps out grassroots organizations and programs that focus on youth development.
How Does Sport Chek Work?
Sport Chek stores do more than just sell sporting goods. Each shop houses specialty boutiques to give advice for specific sports. For example, hockey and golf kiosks cater to shoppers looking to excel at those activities.
Headquartered in Calgary, AB, Sport Chek started in 1999. Originally owned by FGL Sports, the brand grew over the next decade. In 2011, FGL Sports was purchased by Canadian Tire, a retail giant that sells a range of home, hardware, and automotive goods.
What Does Sport Chek Offer its Customers?
The retailer specializes in active wear. Well-trained staff can handle everything from maintenance to repairs on equipment. Employees also offer guidance to shoppers seeking accessories like shoes and clothing. Sport Chek prides itself on creating a one-stop shop for all sports needs.
Canadian Tire, Sport Chek’s parent company, grosses over $12 billion annually. Thanks to a series of investments made since 1994, Canadian Tire has seen much growth and success. The corporation trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Minimum Age to Work at Sport Chek: 15