Online Job Application for Scotiabank Jobs
The Bank of Nova Scotia, or commonly known as Scotiabank, provides financial services for personal, commercial, corporate, and investment banking. With more than 81,000 employees, Scotiabank serves over 19 million customers in about 55 countries worldwide. Scotiabank operates four core business lines: Canadian Banking, International Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Wealth Management. The success of Scotiabank comes from key factors, such as commitment to providing expert advice and services, strong capital base, excellent risk and expense management skills, and diversity based by business, geography, risk, and people.
Scotiabank provides financial services and solutions to individuals and businesses utilizing the latest banking innovations. The company offers a website, Scotiabank.com, for electronic banking and services, which includes deposits, statements, balance inquiries, payments, and many more. Scotiabank serves as a member of the Global ATM Alliance, which allows customers to use personal ATM cards, or check cards, at other banks in the Global ATM Alliance without fees. Scotiabank operates as the third largest bank in Canada.
Scotiabank offers entry-level positions and managerial careers through branch locations. Opportunities for future applicants consist of retail banking, contact center, finance solutions, analyst/associate programs, corporate positions, and global banking and markets, to name a few. Many of the positions require previous job experience and secondary education. Duties of Scotiabank associates mainly center on customer service and satisfaction. Future applicants need to generate an online profile to begin the application and hiring process with The Bank of Nova Scotia.
Scotiabank Job Opportunities and Salary Information
Scotiabank provides job opportunities for applicants seeking employment in the banking industry. New applicants with Scotiabank must stand at least 18 years of age for hiring consideration from the retail banking chain. The company offers many full-time and part-time employment opportunities with competitive pay and enticing benefits packages. Job seekers may visit the Scotiabank website to apply for the following opportunities:
Personal Banking Officer
- Personal bankers stand responsible for meeting and exceeding customer expectations and needs.
- These workers also sell banking products and services to customers offering financial solutions.
- Potential hires for personal banking jobs with Scotiabank must possess great written and communication skills, exceptional organization skills, and desire to learn and build strong customer relationships.
- A college degree may prove beneficial but not necessary for the job.
- Applicants who have completed a qualifying course to obtain a license to sell mutual funds stand to gain greater hiring consideration over other applicants with Scotiabank.
- The average salary for a personal banking officer at Scotiabank begins around $35,000 per year.
- The customer representative position primarily falls under the entry-level job category.
- These employees assist customers in banking needs, such as transactions, deposits, transfers, and account statements.
- Future candidates must possess great organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, thorough and accurate data entry, and strong PC skills.
- Pay begins at $13.00 an hour and may rise up to $16.00 per hour based on experience.
- Collections officer positions entail customer interaction via the telephone.
- These Scotiabank associates assess the finances of customers and provide solutions while obtaining customer cooperation.
- Also, collections officers maintain responsibility for the collection of overdue payments from customers.
- Qualified candidates possess previous experience in collections and customer service, financial service industry, Microsoft operating systems including Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet, people and organizational skills, great written and verbal communication skills, and bilingualism.
- Scotiabank collection officers often make salary rates between $30,000 and $45,000 annually.
- Applicants applying for the position of branch manager must possess leadership and organizational skills, secondary education or previous experience, and mutual funds certification.
- Managerial responsibilities include promoting financial and personal growth, ensuring customer satisfaction, delegating work to branch members, and implementing business strategies for the overall success of the bank and customers.
- Experienced branch managers at Scotiabank earn pay scales ranging from $70,000 up to $80,000 a year.
Benefits of Working at Scotiabank
Scotiabank offers competitive job benefits and wellness packages for employees. The company offers short-term and long-term disability, maternity leave, and may provide dental and vision insurance. Scotiabank also extends employee assistance programs to bank workers, which include counseling for mental and emotional health, phone counseling, and treatment options from specialists. The bank provides an absence and voluntary leave policy allowing associates unpaid time off for up to 20 days per year.
Scotiabank began operation in 1832 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, to aid in the trans-Atlantic trade. The bank opened branches in Windsor, Winnipeg, and even in the American Midwest by the late 1800s. In 1889, the bank also opened a branch in Kingston, Jamaica, to aid in the trading of sugar, rum, and fish, marked the first branch outside the U.S. and the United Kingdom. The Bank of Nova Scotia grew in numbers through acquisitions throughout Canada and the rest of the world. While in early expansion, the company followed trade and customer businesses rather than just expanding into international territories and financial centers.
Scotiabank operates as a public company and trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol, BNS. Additionally, the bank trades on the Trinidad and Tobago Stock Exchange as SBTT. Scotiabank produces annual revenue of about $19 billion and net income of just over $6 billion. Headquarters for the banking firm reside in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Scotiabank: 18
Official Site: www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,178,00.html