Online Job Application for Save-On-Foods Jobs
Save-On-Foods operates several supermarket chains throughout Western Canadian Provinces like British Columbia and Alberta. The store opened for business in 1982 and offers customers both brand-names and private-label brands, which include Western Family, Western Classics, Value Priced, and Body Zone. Save-On-Foods sells many grocery items, such as meats and seafood, canned goods, perishable and non-perishable food items, household goods and supplies, beauty and baby products, deli products, and bakery items. The supermarket chain operates over 70 store locations under the subsidiary Overwaitea Food Group, which operates under The Jim Pattison Group.
Many Save-On-Foods provide pharmacies for customers along with other services, such as nutrition tours, health clinics, and recycling centers. The supermarket chain became the first western retailer to stay open until midnight, seven days a week. The longer store hours helped accelerate customer awareness and sales for the grocery giant. Save-On-Foods offers customers a loyal card rewards program, which allows patrons to earn points for every dollar spent in the store. The supermarket chain supports local farmers, suppliers, producers, and growers with the selling of more than 300 varieties of fresh vegetables and fruits and quality meats.
The supermarket giant readily hires both full-time and part-time workers to fill vacancies for entry-level jobs. Save-On-Foods utilizes online application forms to initiate the hiring process for both entry-level jobs and more advanced positions. Applicants with little-to-no experience in the grocery industry may discover employment opportunities as cashiers, stock associates, or grocery clerks. Open schedules and motivated personalities stand as desirable attributes during the interview process for Save-On-Foods jobs. Apply online today for more details on available jobs with Save-On-Foods.
Save-On-Foods Positions and Salary Information
Save-On-Foods must hire dedicated individuals to maintain store operations and achieve sales goals. Many positions available include full-time and part-time schedules. Applicants must meet the required age of 14 for hiring consideration. However, special work permits allow applicants to start work as early as 12. Employment opportunities for Save-On-Foods include:
- An entry-level position, grocery clerks maintain appropriate stock levels throughout Save-On-Foods stores in assigned departments, such as deli, bakery, meat, floral, and frozen foods.
- Applicants must maintain good physical shape, including the ability to lift objects over 50 pounds, and utilize warehouse equipment, such as hand dollies, pallet jacks, and flat-bed carts.
- Save-On-Foods Hiring managers seek individuals with great written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Hourly pay for grocery clerks with Save-On-Foods hovers around $10.00 to $14.00.
- Save-On-Foods cashiers must possess outgoing, motivated, and positive personalities.
- Primary responsibilities include greeting customers, ringing up purchases, handling money, answering questions about company policies, procedures, and services, and maintaining clean work areas.
- Additional duties include assisting other store associates, providing information on store products, and explaining store sales and promotions to patrons.
- Save-On-Foods cashier associates typically earn hour pay rates between $10.00 and $14.00.
- Highly motivated and career-driven employees may discover work as Save-On-Foods managers.
- Each department at Save-On-Foods requires designated supervisors and managers.
- Entry-level associates may advance into supervisory roles or managerial careers with experience and time spent with the company.
- Common job responsibilities include hiring and training new employees, processing payroll, setting schedules, delegating work, driving sales, ensuring customer satisfaction, and communicating with company corporate offices.
- Typical career availabilities include supervisor, department manager, and store manager.
- Save-On-Foods supervisors often earn hourly rates between $15.00 and $20.00.
- Annual salary rates for department managers fall around $40,000 to $50,000.
- Save-On-Foods store managers earn salary options of more than $60,000 per year, in most cases.
Benefits of Working at Save-On-Foods
Save-On-Foods promotes healthy lifestyles for customers and employees. The supermarket giant offers competitive work benefits packages. Part-time and full-time associates receive competitive base pay, paid training, educational programs for career advancement, and flexible scheduling. Save-On-Foods employees also receive discounts on store merchandise. Apply online to discover more details on job benefits offered at Save-On-Foods.
Full-time workers with Save-On-Foods receive healthcare options, which include medical, dental, and vision insurance. Eligible supermarket associates receive solid insurance benefits and financial assistance plans. Qualified Save-On-Foods team members receive 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, and access to employee assistance programs and life insurance options. In addition to healthcare options and financial programs, Save-On-Foods recognizes hard work through service awards and recognition programs. Complete an online application form to learn more on available Save-On-Foods employee benefits.
Save-On-Foods first opened in 1982. The supermarket chain operates as a subsidiary of Overwaitea Food Group, which runs under parent company The Jim Pattison Group. A majority of Overwaitea stores converted to Save-On-Foods stores to spread brand awareness during the 1990s and 2000s. Today, Save-On-Foods operates over 70 store locations in British Columbia and Alberta.
Products and Services
The supermarket giant offers many grocery store products, including both name-brand and private-brand grocery items. Save-On-Foods provides patrons with an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables, quality meats, chicken and seafood, household supplies and goods, beauty products, and baby supplies. Loyal customers may register online for the More Rewards card, which rewards patrons with one point earned for every dollar spent in the store. Additionally, customers may sign up for email alerts through the Save-On-Foods website to receive coupons and promotional discounts.
Save-On-Foods stands as a subsidiary to Overwaitea Food Group, which operates under The Jim Pattison Group. A global company involved in several industries, The Jim Pattison Group generates more than $7 billion in annual revenues. Save-On-Foods headquarters rest in Langley, BC, Canada. The Jim Pattison Group headquarters sit Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Save-On-Foods: 14
Official Site: www.saveonfoods.com/join-our-team