Online Job Application for Safeway Jobs
The multinational grocery store company looks to hire interested applicants on a regular basis. Safeway Canada conducts hiring for both part-time and full-time jobs.
Safeway Job Opportunities
Work available features flexible scheduling, paid training, and career growth potential. Safeway Canada uses the hiring process to screen for dependable applicants with reliable means of transportation and helpful, team-oriented attitudes. Contact a local Safeway Canada location to discover meaningful grocery store jobs with outstanding pay today.
Safeway imposes minimum hiring ages and basic qualifications for each position to screen for eligible workers. The ability to work an open schedule often benefits prospective Safeway Canada employees. Applicants must stand at least 14 years of age in order to gain employment at Safeway Canada stores. The most common positions for hire feature part-time schedules. Safeway Canada also needs to hire career-minded individuals for full-time work.
Safeway Canada Jobs and Salary Information
Fill out an online application form with Safeway to find more information on the following grocery store positions:
An entry-level job title, the position of Safeway cashier involves:
- Dealing with customers directly and operating cash registers.
- Typical work days consist of greeting customers, handling money, completing transactions, and answering questions about products, services, and policies.
- Safeway Canada cashier associates generally work part-time or between 15 and 30 hours per week.
- The supermarket chain hires individuals into full-time cashier jobs, as well.
- The average pay for a cashier falls around $11.00 an hour. Some cashiers with Safeway may earn as much as $15.00 in hourly wages with experience gained.
The broad position of clerk includes various departmental job duties. Safeway may hire associates to carry out responsibilities in:
- Dairy, deli, meats, seafood, frozen foods, bakery, floral, or pharmacy departments.
- Work generally involves aspects of customer service and maintenance.
- Some positions may require additional training.
- Manual labor often proves necessary for certain departments.
- Safeway Canada clerk employees typically start out at minimum wage and earn up to $13.00 or $14.00 per hour, on average.
Safeway Canada screens for motivated and dedicated associates with strong leadership skills to work as supervisors and managers during the hiring process.
- Applicants with experience in the industry and holding at least a high school diploma meet the minimum hiring requirements for Safeway Canada managerial jobs.
- Careers available feature full-time schedules or 40 hours per week.
- Safeway Canada supervisors may also work part-time schedules, depending on need at time of hiring.
- Primary responsibilities include conducting job interviews, managing entry-level associates, setting work schedules, driving sales, maintaining inventory levels, enforcing store policies, and communicating with company corporate offices.
- Safeway Canada often starts supervisors out at $25,000 to $30,000 a year.
- Assistant managers regularly earn between $45,000 and $55,000 in annual salary. Pay scales for store managers often exceed $80,000 per year.
Benefits of Working at Safeway Canada
Rewarding employees for performance and time spent with the company stands as an integral part of daily Safeway operations. Safeway Canada workers receive competitive pay and avenues for career development through continued education and training programs. The international grocery store chain also provides eligible associates with a wide range of job benefits, including financial planning assistance and insurance options. Learn more about Safeway Canada’s employment benefits and turn in an online application form today. Safeway Canada employee benefits packages include work/life balance programs, future planning services, and healthcare coverage.
Insurance & Savings Packages
Qualified workers with the supermarket chain enjoy medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage, basic life insurance policies, and paid time off. Safeway work benefits packages also include achievement awards and bonus incentives, 401(k) retirement plans, employee profit sharing programs, and discounts on popular attractions. Apply online to find additional employment benefits information and begin the Safeway hiring process now.
More About Safeway
Originally known as Canada Safeway Limited, Safeway Canada operates as a popular chain of supermarkets with more than 220 locations nationwide. The retail chain began operations in the United States and eventually expanded into Canada in order to capitalize on the entire North American market. Several acquisitions and mergers later, the modern concept of Safeway stores, including hypermarket sales of both grocery items and miscellaneous household goods, emerged. Nearly 180,000 workers maintain Safeway stores in North America.
How Does Food Basics Work?
Safeway Canada represents one of the largest grocery store companies in Canada and maintains a presence in most suburban and metropolitan areas throughout the country. The large, warehouse-style store formats incorporated by Safeway Canada allow for the retail chain to sell thousands of products at each location. Safeway Canada primarily sells grocery items, such as baked goods, produce, meats, deli products, dairy items, frozen foods, non-perishable food items, and flowers. Customers enjoy the wide selections of name-brand and off-brand products sold at affordable prices. Safeway Canada patrons also regularly cite weekly promotions and discounts as reasons for returning to the supermarket chain.
Begun in 1919, Safeway originally operated as Sam Seelig Company. Shortly after the founder left the company, the store adopted the Safeway namesake. In 1926, Safeway and competing Skaggs Stores merged and broadened the scope of the retail chain across the United States. The first Canadian Safeway location opened in 1929. Originally an Atlantic Canadian chain, Safeway expanded into Western Canada during the 1980s. Safeway Canada rebranded several Woodward’s Food Floors stores in the early 1990s. As of February 2013, the supermarket chain maintained nearly 225 locations, primarily in western provinces.
Products and Services
Safeway Canada offers customers quality grocery items and useful household goods at affordable prices. Many Safeway Canada stores include pharmacies and floral departments. Safeway also offers alcohol and tobacco sales at most locations. Customers enjoy weekly discounts and promotions and may opt-in for email newsletters providing additional savings.
One of the largest companies in the world, Safeway operates as a public entity and trades on the NYSE under the stock symbol SWY. Safeway Canada alone contributes billions of dollars in annual revenues. As a whole, Safeway brings in close to $44 billion in annual revenues and controls over $15 billion in total assets. Safeway world headquarters reside in Pleasanton, CA, USA. The Canadian head offices for Safeway sit in Calgary, AB, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Safeway Canada: 14
Official Site: www.safeway.ca/topbar.asp?pnav=shop#