Online Job Application for Ricky’s Jobs
Ricky’s All Day Grill, commonly shortened to Ricky’s, oversees a popular chain of casual family restaurant franchises in Canada. Established in 1962, Ricky’s remains one of fastest growing midscale restaurant chains in the country and operates roughly 70 locations throughout five Canadian provinces. The continuously expanding network of Ricky’s restaurants spans from British Columbia to Ontario, with a notably widespread presence throughout the Prairies region of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. As the banner suggests, Ricky’s All Day Grill maintains an extensive menu with suitable selections for any time of day including breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The success of Ricky’s starts with a commitment to appealing restaurant designs. Ricky’s restaurants create relaxed, family-friendly atmospheres by seamlessly blending classic elements like rustic fireplaces with modern amenities like flat-screen televisions. Patio seating, integrated lounges, and exclusive children’s activities at each location enhance the experience for customers of all ages. Ricky’s also offers private dining areas with the versatility to accommodate up to 40 people for special group events. While most Ricky’s locations feature freestanding constructions, the flexible restaurant chain operates out of 11 economy and midscale hotels throughout Western Canada.
Despite more than 50 years of success in the restaurant industry, Ricky’s maintains ambitious plans for ongoing growth. The Canadian eatery continues to open new locations each year and consistently pursues additional franchising opportunities within current core markets. To support such aggressive expansion efforts, Ricky’s always needs to hire workers to fill regularly available jobs at new and existing restaurants. The flourishing restaurant chain offers ample employment opportunities ideal for Canadian job seekers at any career level. While specific hiring requirements depend on the position desired, Ricky’s tends to recruit service-oriented associates with fun personalities who possess the ability to work in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
Ricky’s Jobs and Salary Information
Ricky’s offers a variety of part-time and full-time jobs suitable for entry-level employees and experienced restaurant workers. Entry-level positions at Ricky’s usually involve customer service and food preparation, while managerial job opportunities typically come with additional administrative and supervisory responsibilities. Regardless of career level, all applicants must adhere to minimum hiring age requirements as mandated by applicable provincial laws and specific company policies. Ricky’s commonly hires for the following positions:
- Entry-level server jobs at Ricky’s require meticulous attention to detail and outstanding customer service skills.
- Workers describe daily specials and other menu items to patrons, record customer orders, serve food and beverages, and process various forms of payment with computerized cash registers.
- Other job duties include cleaning and setting tables, replenishing dining supplies, and responding to customer complaints.
- Prospective employees need no prior restaurant experience but should possess the ability to work flexible schedules, including night and weekend shifts.
- Hourly pay rates for Ricky’s servers typically rest at minimum wage, plus customer gratuities.
- Ricky’s cooks work behind the scenes to create the dishes offered in the restaurant menus.
- Primary job responsibilities include preparing ingredients, producing meals according to Ricky’s recipes and customer specifications, operating specialized kitchen equipment, and maintaining inventory.
- Cooks also clean work areas and wash dishes when necessary.
- Applicants with previous culinary experience often gain increased hiring consideration.
- Prospective associates should also hold the abilities to work effectively with minimal supervision and handle the pressures of a busy restaurant kitchen.
- Ricky’s cook jobs usually feature pay rates hovering around $10.00 or $11.00 an hour.
- Available management positions at Ricky’s restaurants typically include supervisor, assistant manager, and general manager job titles.
- The management team hires and trains entry-level workers, develops and implements plans to drive sales and control costs, monitors and orders inventory, assigns daily jobs to hourly associates, and ensures total customer satisfaction.
- Additional job duties include clerical tasks like scheduling employees for work, processing payroll, and maintaining business records.
- Managerial applicants must hold a high school diploma and previous work experience in the food service industry.
- Prospective general managers usually need to have advanced levels of business acumen acquired through relevant college coursework or extensive restaurant management experience.
- Ricky’s supervisors generally earn hourly pay between $12.00 and $14.00, while salary options for assistant managers typically start around $30,000 per year.
- General managers at Ricky’s often make $40,000 or more in annual salary.
Benefits of Working at Ricky’s
In addition to competitive pay scales and salary options, Ricky’s provides workers instant access to a number of appealing employment benefits. Upon hire, Ricky’s associates enjoy flexible schedules, paid on-job training, fun and casual work environments, and employee discounts. The family restaurant chain also offers career advancement opportunities for entry-level workers interested in pursuing management or corporate jobs.
Career advancement typically comes with comprehensive job benefits packages. Full-time managers and other eligible employees at Ricky’s usually enjoy access to healthcare coverage, life insurance options, paid time off, performance recognition programs, and 401(k) retirement plans. As Ricky’s restaurants feature independent franchisee ownership, available work benefits often vary by location. Contact a local Ricky’s establishment today to learn more about the job application process and possible employment benefits.
The first Ricky’s restaurant opened in the West Vancouver Park Royal Mall in 1962. Named after the son of founder Al Sheren, the eatery initially specialized in breakfast items and operated as Ricky’s Pancake House and Chicken. In 1982, franchisee Roy Hildebrand took over the growing restaurant chain. Continuing to focus on breakfast, Hildebrand rapidly expanded the Ricky’s concept throughout Western Canada. The current Ricky’s All Day Grill banner originated in 1997, when Frank Di Benedetto acquired Ricky’s and launched a rebranding campaign emphasizing higher service standards, stylized restaurant decor, and the introduction of lunch and dinner options. Ricky’s continues to grow and operates roughly 70 restaurants in four Western provinces and Ontario.
While Ricky’s remains a popular breakfast destination, the expansive menu also features a wide selection of lunch and dinner items. Ricky’s serves omelets, pancakes, and Famous Big Breakfasts daily before focusing on traditional lunch and dinner fare like signature salads and soups, 100% Certified Angus burgers, and a full line of hot sandwiches. The versatile restaurant chain also offers thin crust pizzas, steak and ribs, pasta dishes, fresh fish, and classic comfort food.
Parent company Frankie’s Family Restaurants Ltd. oversees Ricky’s All Day Grill. Frank Di Benedetto serves as company owner and CEO. The privately held restaurant chain generates roughly $160 million in annual sales and maintains corporate headquarters in Burnaby, BC, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Ricky’s All Day Grill: 14
Official Site: https://gotorickys.com/about-us/contact-us/