Online Job Application for Ramada Jobs
Ramada operates as a Wyndham Worldwide company. The international hotel chain primarily manages locations in the United States and Canada as well as hotels in Australia, United Kingdom, and Sri Lanka. In Canada, Ramada maintains over 70 properties in 10 provinces. Ramada Canada began as a way to compete against rivals Holiday Inn and Howard Johnson in the expanding hotel industry. Collectively, Ramada boasts more than 900 locations worldwide.
As a major hotel chain, Ramada offers guests a wide range of services and tiers of accommodation. Ramada manages five hotel tiers, including budget-oriented Ramada Limited, full-service Ramada Inn and Inn & Suites, international tier Ramada Hotel and Hotel & Resorts, lower-upscale Ramada Plaza, and international Ramada Resorts found only outside the United States. Travelers enjoy convenient access to major highways and popular tourist attractions as well as typical hotel amenities, such as room service, fitness centers, business centers, conference rooms, and complimentary breakfasts and high-speed internet access. Ramada hotel prices fit most budgets, and the longstanding history of the company also helps draw millions of annual customers.
Opportunities for employment in the hotel industry provide job seekers part-time and full-time options for meaningful work. Applicants must successfully complete the Ramada interview process to receive hiring consideration from the hotel chain. Most entry-level positions with Ramada involve multiple rounds of interviews with hiring representatives. The entire process may take several weeks to complete and often includes background checks, formal application forms, and probationary periods upon hire. Ideal candidates enjoy working in fast-paced, customer-oriented settings. Fill out an online application form to find further details on available Ramada jobs now.
Available Ramada Canada Positions and Salary Information
Ramada hotels in Canada generally prefer to hire applicants over the age of 16; however, individuals as young as 14 may apply for work with some Canadian hotels. In addition to age requirements, some positions with Ramada may require applicants to hold previous and related experience for employment consideration. Many available jobs require employees to work irregular schedules. Ramada Canada needs to hire for the following hotel positions:
- Often referred to as front desk associate, clerks maintain hotel front-end operations and provide customer service.
- Typical job duties include greeting guest, booking reservations, and checking patrons in and out of rooms and suites.
- Ramada clerks also explain hotel amenities and grounds.
- Hotel clerks must possess the ability to work as part of a team and personable characteristics.
- Experience may benefit prospective employees; however, Ramada hires clerks both with and without related work history.
- Pay scales for clerk jobs generally fall between minimum wage and $13.00 per hour.
- Sometimes called a concierge, room service employees with Ramada cater to guest requests.
- Job duties may include running towels, linens, food, and accessories to rooms.
- Room service associates work all hours of the day, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Applicants must possess open availability to work as Ramada room service employees and enjoy interacting with people on a daily basis.
- The entry-level job starts workers out at minimum wage.
- Increases in hourly pay may result in wages up to $12.00 or $13.00 an hour.
- Room service associates at Ramada hotels often receive tips, as well.
- Many Ramada Canada locations feature in-house restaurants and need to hire servers.
- Like most restaurants, Ramada servers take food and drink orders, bring food and drink to tables, explain menu items, and answer questions about policies and promotions.
- Servers generally work on foot for long periods of time.
- Excellent memorization skills prove necessary for hiring consideration, in most cases.
- Ramada Canada also looks to hire cheerful and personable individuals.
- Server employees earn tips and hourly starting pay near minimum wage.
- Motivated employees and individuals in search of careers in the hotel industry should apply online for Ramada managerial jobs.
- Available in both part-time and full-time capacities, managers supervise entry-level workers, set schedules, assign work, motivate associates, and ensure employees follow proper procedure and protocol at all times.
- Specific supervisory job titles available with Ramada include kitchen manager, front desk manager, maintenance manager, housekeeping manager, assistant manager, and hotel manager positions.
- Pay for kitchen, front desk, maintenance, and housekeeping managers typically start around $25,000 to $35,000 per year.
- Annual salary rates for Ramada assistant managers fall between $40,000 and $50,000.
- Hotel managers may earn in excess of $60,000 in annual salary, depending on location and experience.
Benefits of Working at Ramada
Upon completing the hiring process, Ramada Canada workers enjoy discounts on hotel rates and services redeemable at any Wyndham Worldwide location. Wyndham also partners with several car rental agencies and offers employees discounts on rentals. Additional job benefits typically stand reserved for full-time Ramada associates, such as managers and corporate professionals.
Employment benefits packages often vary by Ramada franchise but generally offer qualified associates access to financial planning assistance and healthcare options. Eligible employees enjoy educational assistance, employee assistance programs, 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plans, and basic life insurance. Many employee benefits extend to dependents and spouses. Ramada Canada also promotes business casual work environments, flexible scheduling, continued education and career development programs, and competitive salary options. Apply online to learn more about Ramada careers in Canada and take advantage of sound work benefits packages today.
Ramada Canada grew out of an American-born hotel chain founded in 1953. The first Ramada location opened in 1954. Initial success led to nationwide expansion and eventually led to international expansion. By 1964, Ramada boasted 100 locations. The company began international expansion during the 1970s with locations in Europe and Canada. Originally a chain of restaurants, Ramada decided to cut ties with the restaurant franchise in 1989 to concentrate solely on hotel operations. Real estate holding company Cendant Corporation purchased Ramada in the late 1990s. In 2006, Cendant divested and spun off into several new companies, including Ramada parent company Wyndham Worldwide.
Each tier of Ramada provides a special range of accommodations. Guests of Ramada Limited locations enjoy basic hotel amenities, such as complimentary breakfasts, room service, and high-speed internet access. Upper-level tiers of Ramada hotels in Canada offer lavish furniture and decor, exceptional views, spas, restaurants, designer linens, business centers, conference rooms, banquet halls, and valet parking. Guests of Ramada Canada hotels may make reservations online or over the phone.
Part of one of the largest hotel groups in the world, Ramada Canada operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Wyndham Worldwide. A spin off corporation created after the divestment of Cendant in 2006, Wyndham manages roughly 6,900 hotels worldwide, including more than a dozen brands in nearly 50 countries. Other Wyndham brands include Knights Inn, Super 8, Baymont Inn & Suites, Howard Johnson, and Days Inn. Wyndham Worldwide generate nearly $5 billion in annual revenues and trades as a public company on the NYSE as WYN. Company world headquarters sit in Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ, USA.
Minimum age to work at Ramada: 16
Official Site: www.wyndhamworldwide.com/careers/