Online Job Application for Provigo Jobs
Provigo operates as a Quebec-based grocery retail chain. The majority of Provigo stores center in and around the greater Montreal area. Today, Provigo maintains over 110 stores throughout Quebec. Store size varies by location.
Provigo Job Opportunities
Commanding a large presence in the grocery store industry, Provigo employs more than 5,000 workers across the network of stores. Provigo always looks to hire new talent into store jobs on a regular basis to add to existing talented team members. Entry-level employment seekers and seasoned professionals may discover rewarding grocery store jobs at Provigo. Apply for a Provigo job to begin a career in the grocery store industry today.
Full-Time and Part-Time
Provigo offers both part-time jobs and full-time careers. Job hopefuls should exhibit friendly attitudes and the ability to work as part of a team. Additionally, applicants need open work availability in order to earn hiring consideration from the Canadian grocery store chain.
Provigo Positions and Salary Information
Jobs often needing filled at Provigo include:
An essential part of the Provigo team, grocery clerks perform an assortment of duties. Primarily, grocery clerks:
- Tend to customer needs, such as providing product knowledge, and directing guests to products.
- Additionally, Provigo grocery clerk workers clear and clean sales floors and organize products on shelves.
- When necessary, grocery clerks may need to carry out additional duties as assigned by managers.
- The average pay for a Provigo grocery clerk ranges from minimum wage to $14.00 an hour.
Provigo cashiers work at the front-end of stores and finalize customer transactions. Cashier jobs require associates to work quickly and efficiently. Specific job duties include:
- Scanning items, providing friendly service, handling cash, and balancing cash drawers.
- In addition to typical register job duties, Provigo cashier associates must clean and organize store front-ends and refill point-of-sale merchandise.
- The average cashier generally earns between minimum wage and $13.00 per hour.
Stock associates maintain inventory levels at Provigo store locations. Primary job duties include:
- Unloading deliveries, stocking shelves, assembling displays, and pricing merchandise.
- Provigo may hire stock associates to work afternoon or evening shifts.
- If needed, stock associate employees must assist customers on sales floors.
- Stockers with Provigo generally earn between $11.00 and $16.00 an hour.
As store figureheads, Provigo managers carry a variety of responsibilities. Top responsibilities include:</p?
- Hiring and training new crew members, monitoring inventory, setting and achieving store sales goals, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Other job duties include supervising entry-level workers and assigning daily tasks.
- The average salary for a Provigo store manager ranges from about $40,000 to $90,000 annually.
Benefits of Working at Provigo
Provigo operates as a subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited and offers similar employee benefits. Eligible workers earn health benefits, such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and employee assistance programs. Qualified workers with Provigo also earn financial savings job benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans with company match, referral bonuses, annual bonuses, and stock purchase plans. Supermarket employees may also access paid holidays and vacation time. Employment benefits often vary by job title and length of time with the company. Apply online for Provigo jobs to learn more about available work benefits.
Insurance & Savings Packages
In addition to benefits packages, Provigo offers basic employee benefits for all associates. Workers enjoy fun, fast-paced work environments with paid training and flexible schedules. Employees also enjoy generous discounts on store merchandise. Provigo offers career development opportunities, such as manager training and certification programs, as well.
More About Provigo
How Does Provigo Work?
Committed to value, Provigo offers the freshest food possible while keeping prices low. The grocery retailer meets customer needs by providing fast and courteous service. A one-stop destination for grocery needs, Provigo supermarkets offer general merchandise, frozen foods, beer, wine, and liquor, baked goods, dairy, meats, and seafood. The grocery retailer stocks both national, brand-name products and private-label brands, such as President’s Choice, No Name, and Joe Fresh Style.
Provigo company history traces back to 1969. Four wholesalers, Antone Turmel, Rene Provost, Jean-Louis Lamontagne, and J. Arthur Trembly, opened the first location in Montreal, QC, Canada. Originally named Courette & Provost, the supermarket chain adopted the Provigo name in 1970. Over the following years, Provigo obtained other supermarket chains and began expanding across Montreal. In 1998, Loblaw Companies Limited purchased Provigo. Today, Provigo maintains a network of more than 110 locations.
Focused on customer savings and satisfaction, Provigo offers an extensive selection of food and grocery services. Many locations offer floral services, ATMS, and pharmacy services. Some Provigo locations include mobile phone shops, coffee bars, and gas stations. The grocery store chain provides regular discounts and promotions to increase savings offered to customers, as well.
Provigo operates under the Loblaw Companies umbrella. With over 1,000 grocery stores under 22 banners, Loblaw serves as the largest food distributer in Canada. Loblaw Companies Limited earns more than $30 billion in annual revenues and $700 million in yearly net income. A public company, Loblaw trades on the TSX as L. Corporate headquarters reside in Brampton, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Provigo: 16
Official Site: www.loblaw.ca/careers