Online Job Application for Pita Pit Jobs
Operating in the quick-service industry, The Pita Pit offers pita sandwiches to patrons looking for a fast food alternative. The Pita Pit first opened in 1995 near Queen’s University in Kingston, ON, Canada. With convenient locations near major universities and colleges, brand awareness quickly spread and helped The Pita Pit expand across Canada and eventually into the United States. Today, The Pita Pit maintains around 350 properties throughout North America.
Popularity for The Pita Pit surged by offering fresh ingredients, like grilled meats, crisp vegetables, Lebanese-style pita bread, and zesty sauces. The quick-service chain maintains late hours, offers fax and online ordering services, and delivery services. The Pita Pit advertises as a healthy alternative to high-fat fast food chains. Restaurant Business Magazine ranked Pita Pit as one of the Top 50 best and fastest growing small chains in 2009.
The Pita Pit consistently hires part-time and full-time workers to maintain daily operations. Entry-level positions stand readily available for job hunters with little-to-no restaurant experience. Managerial positions with The Pita Pit exist for qualified applicants looking to begin a new career in the restaurant industry. Hiring managers screen for applicants with strong customer service skills, motivated personalities, and function as team players. Complete an online application form with The Pita Pit to begin work for a multinational fast food chain today.
The Pita Pit Job Opportunities and Salary Information
Flexible scheduling allows The Pita Pit to hire many new employees. Both part-time and full-time positions exist with the restaurant. Applicants with no real experience in the quick-service restaurant industry may apply for entry-level work. The Pita Pit also needs to hire well-qualified applicants for careers in management. The required minimum age for hiring consideration at The Pita Pit stands at 18. Special work permits allow new workers to begin at age 16. Apply online for more information on the following Pita Pit jobs:
- In entry-level jobs, Pita Pit crew members perform many jobs during shift hours.
- Responsibilities include prepping food and work stations, maintaining restaurant equipment, practicing quality control, and keeping restaurant cleans, sanitized, and organized.
- Additional job duties may consist of operating cash registers, interacting with customers, and preparing menu items.
- Ideal pit crew employees with The Pita Pit possess effective social skills, work efficiently and quickly, and maintain positive attitudes under pressure.
- Starting pay begins at minimum wage and may increase up to $11.00 an hour.
- The Pita Pit hires qualified candidates to oversee restaurant operations.
- Managerial careers include assistant manager and manager job titles.
- Pita Pit managers carry out administrative duties, which include hiring and training new associates, delegating work, processing payroll, ensuring customer satisfaction, and communicating with corporate offices.
- Requirements for work as Pita Pit managers include strong leadership abilities, outstanding organizational skills, prior leadership experience, and willingness to grow and learn with the company.
- Assistant managers with The Pita Pit earn average salary options between $30,000 and $36,000.
- Restaurant manager annual salary often ranges from $40,000 to $48,000 per year.
Benefits of Working at The Pita Pit Canada
The Pita Pit offers associates an array of job benefits upon hire. New-hires enjoy competitive wages, flexible schedules, employee discounts, free uniforms, and friendly work environments. Eligible workers with The Pita Pit also gain access to health and wellness plans, such as medical, dental, and vision insurance, and prescription drug plans. Apply online to discover more information on healthcare options and wellness plans available at The Pita Pit.
The quick-service chain offers 401(k) retirement plans, yearly bonuses, and paid time off, such as vacations, personal days, and sick time off to qualified associates, as well. Additional financial benefits from The Pita Pit may include employee spending accounts and assistance programs. Workers also gain the advantage of training programs to advance career paths within the company. Learn more about available Pita Pit employment and gain access to meaningful fast food jobs today.
Founders John Sotiriadis and Nelson Lang began The Pita Pit in Ontario, Canada, 1995. In 1997, the two founders began to expand across Canada and established franchises in the United States. The Pita Pit concept flourished and brand awareness spread quickly to establish The Pita Pit as a prominent quick-service restaurant featuring healthy, quality food. Today, the chain operates over 300 properties in Canada and the U.S. with plans for global expansion.
The Pita Pit menu consists of pita sandwiches. Patrons may choose from meat pitas and veggie pitas featuring six or nine inch sizes with white or whole wheat pita bread. Meat options include chicken, turkey, pork, roast beef, ham, gyro meat, tuna, steak, and bacon. Vegetable items available at The Pita Pit consist of green peppers, tomatoes, romaine and iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, onions, mushrooms, pickles, hot peppers and jalapenos, black and green olives, alfalfa sprouts, and pineapple. Cheeses include cheddar, Swiss, feta, and parmesan. Patrons may choose from a variety of toppings and sauces, as well. The Pita Pit also serves salads, breakfast pitas, bottled and canned drinks, and smoothies at participating locations.
A private company, The Pita Pit primarily franchises restaurant locations. The Pita Pit storefronts generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in annual revenue. Company headquarters for the Canadian chain reside in Kingston, ON. The U.S. headquarters rest in Coeur d’Alene, ID.
Minimum age to work at The Pita Pit: 18
Official Site: http://pitapit.ca/consumer/corporate/careers