Online Job Application for Old Navy Jobs
American retailer Old Navy expanded into Canada in 2001 with the opening of 12 stores in the Province of Ontario. Today, Old Navy Canada maintains locations across the country in provinces such as Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Quebec.
Old Navy Job Opportunities
No Experience Needed
With locations across the Canadian provinces, Old Navy hires inexperienced and experienced workers for full-time and part-time entry-level positions. Old Navy jobs stand as excellent opportunities for individuals to gain experience in the retail industry. Career-minded individuals may consider corporate opportunities with the fashion retail giant. Motivated, knowledgeable, and attentive individuals generally fair well during the hiring process.
Part-time and Full-time
The retail giant regularly conducts hiring to keep store operations at maximum levels. Part-time and full-time employment opportunities for applicants with varied shifts provide great opportunities for students, retirees, and part-time employment hunters.
How Old to Work
Old Navy Canada requires applicants to stand at least 16 years of age to find work with the fashion retailer. Complete an online application form to discover available job opportunities and begin the Old Navy hiring process today.
Old Navy Job Titles and Salary Information
Old Navy regularly accepts applications for employment opportunities in the following areas:
Customer Experience Associate
Applicants with outgoing personalities may consider the position of customer experience associate with Old Navy. Primary responsibilities focus on:
- Exceptional customer service and providing assistance to patrons on fashion and accessories.
- Additionally, associates maintain clean and organized work environments, comply with Old Navy policies and procedures, and assist cashiers.
- Qualified applicants display organizational and time management skills, great written and communication skills, ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and the ability to work flexible schedules.
- Pay scales for Old Navy customer experience associates begin near minimum wage and may increase to around $11.00 an hour.
Job duties for cashiers include:
- Helping customers with purchases and explain all company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Full-time and part-time work exists for applicants with outgoing personalities, strong communication skills, and positive attitudes.
- Applicants experienced with POS systems, computers, and customer service gain more consideration over other cashier applicants.
- Old Navy cashiers in Canada begin around minimum wage and may increase to about $11.00 per hour with experience.
Well-qualified applicants with strong leadership, motivational, and organizational skills may consider management opportunities with Old Navy. Job titles include assistant manager and store manager roles. Both positions carry administrative duties, such as:
- Delegating work to employees, scheduling workers, overseeing the application and hiring process for open positions, training new Old Navy associates, driving sales, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Applicants must stand at least 18 years old and hold prior management experience for hiring consideration.
- Assistant managers with Old Navy may earn salary rates around $45,000 a year.
- Store managers with the fashion retailer earn annual salary options between $60,000 and $80,000.
Benefits of Working at Old Navy Canada
Old Navy provides many health and financial job benefits for qualified workers. Store associates enjoy perks like competitive pay rates, paid training, opportunities for career growth, and employee discounts at Gap Inc. stores. Workers may take advantage of employee stock purchase plans or utilize home mortgage programs to buy a home. The company offers tuition reimbursement for full-time associates for work-related courses. Old Navy provides additional advancement opportunities through online, classroom, and on-the-job training. Interested job seekers may apply online to complete the Old Navy application process and learn more about available employment benefits and other perks of working for the popular fashion retailer. Additionally, Old Navy offers paid time off, which provides 20 to 35 days to use toward vacation, personal time, or illness.
Insurance & Savings Packages
The international retailer understands the importance of financial savings and educational opportunities to maintain motivated workers. Eligible Old Navy associates receive 401(k) retirement plans with company match up to 4% of employee pay. Full-time Old Navy workers enjoy medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, and private counseling resources. Part-time employees gain access to unsubsidized healthcare options through National Health Access.
More About Old Navy
How Does Old Navy Work?
The fashion retailer offers trendy, stylish clothes and accessories at affordable prices. Old Navy operates under the direction of Gap Inc. with over 1,000 store locations in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. Old Navy sells clothing and fashion accessories for men, women, children, and even pets. Popular Old Navy items include jeans and pants, fleece jackets and pullovers, t-shirts, sweaters, swimwear, footwear, shorts, skirts, and dresses. Bright and loud colors and conservative and contemporary outfits attract and retain customers. Convenient locations in shopping malls and shopping centers help spread brand awareness and increase customer bases. Patrons may sign up for Old Navy emails, which offer promotional codes, sales events, and discounts for both online and in-store shopping.
The Old Navy brand began as a direct result of Target Corporation wanting to establish a new, less expensive version of the Gap. Under the direction of Millard Drexler, Gap Warehouse opened in 1993 as direct result of the new division. The following year, Gap Warehouse became Old Navy and established as a separate entity from parent company Gap. In 1997, Old Navy passed $4 billion in sales for the first four years. Old Navy managed nearly 500 store locations by 2000.
Old Navy sells stylish, trendy clothes and accessories at affordable prices for men, women, and children. The chain provides a website that allows customers to shop from home and delivers to anywhere in the world. Additionally, the Old Navy website provides information on store sales and clearances. The company promotes a new product once a year in hopes of catching on with the customers, such as Tech Vest, Flip Flops, and the Performance Fleece.
The retail chain operates as a division of Gap Inc., which operates more than 3,000 stores worldwide and employs about 135,000 employees. Gap Inc. produces annual revenue of around $15.5 billion with the combination of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, and Athleta. Corporate headquarters for Gap Inc. reside in San Francisco, CA. Old Navy Canada headquarters sit in Bolton, ON.
Minimum age to work at Old Navy: 16
Official Site: http://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/customerService/info.do?cid=3332