Online Job Application for Nordstrom Jobs
Nordstrom, a leading fashion retailer in the United States, hires talented and energetic individuals for a newly established retail presence in Canada. The company plans to expand the number of stores throughout the country over the next decade, with aggressive investments in Canadian retail prospects leading to growth and continued employment opportunities. Most stores promote from within and prefer to hire promising workers for entry-level positions. Work available offers training and professional development programs geared towards molding candidates for positions in management.
With over 300 store locations throughout North America and more slated to open in the coming years, Nordstrom offers dedicated job-seekers promising careers either interacting with customers directly on the sales floor or working behind the scenes. Retail employees work in teamwork-oriented environments with emphasis on providing unsurpassed customer shopping experiences. Sales associates create long-lasting relationships with customers, while behind-the-scenes workers provide vital support to ensure operations run smoothly.
Students interested in fashion, business, retail, or supply chain management may pursue internships providing real-life experience and hands-on educations. Job opportunities exist for part-time, seasonal, or full-time positions in many areas within the company allowing interested job-seekers to find roles which match specific skill sets. Prospective associates may apply online via the company jobs portal, or speak to store managers in person.
Nordstrom Positions and Salary Information
Nordstrom stores offer complete customer experiences and wide selections of menswear, women’s clothing, children’s apparel, shoes, and jewelry. Employees may work in areas such as in-store cafes and coffee bars, as well. The company website maintains a job portal where individuals may search for desired positions at various locations across the provinces. Available positions often include entry-level roles such as sales associates, baristas, and visual stylists.
- Fashion-oriented individuals may find rewarding work as sales associates.
- Employees help customers across different departments.
- Daily responsibilities entail coaching guests on the latest fashion trends, attending to individual shopping needs, and delivering honest, constructive feedback in regards to clothing fits and styles to build lasting relationships and encourage return visits.
- Sales associates often earn wage rates near $12.00 an hour, plus commission.
- Candidates should possess competitive, entrepreneurial spirits, great communication and relationship-building skills, calm attitudes, and computer skills.
- In order to increase customer satisfaction and enhance the overall quality of shopping experiences at Nordstrom stores, many locations offer in-house coffee bars.
- Employees with prior experience in food service and knowledge of tea, coffee, and espresso-based beverages make welcome additions to the specialty coffee teams.
- Provincial regulations may require workers to acquire and maintain valid food handler cards.
- Typical duties entail fostering positive customer interactions, serving hand-crafted beverages following approved recipes, and maintaining clean bar areas.
- The position generally pays wages up to $14.00 per hour.
- Employees with art or fashion school accreditations may find rewarding careers as visual stylists.
- Creative workers use merchandising and visual style skills to create visual displays using mannequins and other unique methods.
- By following department and company guidelines, stylists support the success of stores by promoting current trends, sales, events, and corporate programs.
- Associates tend to earn salary packages upwards of $30,000 per year.
Benefits of Working at Nordstrom
With retail operations in Canada just beginning to gain traction, employees may enjoy job security and advancement opportunities as the company continues to grow. As the luxury retailer prefers to promote from within, dedicated part-time, seasonal, or full-time workers may transition into promising careers. Associates also receive job benefits, such as employee discounts, company-matched 401(k) retirement plans, and extended healthcare coverage with additional medical insurance, dental, and vision care.
Nordstrom first started in 1901 as a shoe store in Seattle, WA, where the company headquarters resides. After over 60 years of exclusively selling shoes, the company delved into the apparel retail business as well and expanded the number of storefronts. The North American company proved successful in efforts to develop an online shopping experience as well as with the Nordstrom Rack brand of outlet stores selling clearance and discounted merchandise. In 2012, the retail chain began expanding into Canada, with the first stores opening in the cities of Calgary, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Toronto.
Luxury and mid-priced items make up the core of Nordstrom retail offerings. Customers find designer clothing options for men and women, coats, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and even lingerie and luggage. Certain locations also offer home furnishing and appliances such as bedding, holiday decor, and kitchen essentials. Cafes, bars, and even full-service restaurants exist alongside many store locations, which allow guests to relax and recharge during a day of shopping.
In 2014, the retail chain boasted a nearly 8 percent increase in companywide sales, with the success culminating in over $13 billion USD in revenue. The Nordstrom family leadership continues to guide the company on a successful path allowing record numbers of new store openings, new ventures into international operations, and an expanded online sales presence.
Minimum age to work at Nordstrom: 18
Official Site: http://about.nordstrom.com/careers/#/international-careers/canada