Online Job Application for Midas Jobs
Automotive service giant Midas offers vehicle repairs and maintenance for any make and model of vehicles on the road today. Midas provides over 2,300 locations globally strategically placed within suburban and metropolitan areas with high customer basis. The Midas company first began international operations in 1961, with the first opening in Canada. Today, Midas Canada operates more than 160 locations in Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Saskatchewan.
Midas’s reputation for excellent service goes back over 50 years. Qualified ASE technicians with Midas diagnose, explain, and repair or replace vehicle parts for cars, trucks, light trucks, and provide fleet services. Midas provides comprehensive automotive services, such as brake and suspension repair, exhaust, fuel repair, steering, and regular maintenance services. The company also offers exclusive deals and discounts to returning patrons. The Midas website provides additional coupons on oil and fluid changes, as well.
With many locations across Canada, Midas needs to hire entry-level workers and service technicians for daily operations. Both full-time and part-time positions stand available with Midas for enthusiastic applicants desiring a career in the automotive world. Hiring standards include reliable transportation, customer service skills, and friendly, outgoing personalities. Find an online job application to discover wonderful career opportunities at Midas Canada.
Available Midas Positions and Salary Information
Operating as one of the top automotive service center chains around the world, Midas must maintain optimum employee levels through an extensive application form. ASE certified technicians may apply online for employment opportunities with Midas. Hiring managers seek out applicants with good work ethics and attention to detail. Apply online with Midas for the following automotive industry positions:
Customer Service Representative
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, ability to relate and communicate with customers, experience with POS systems, automotive repair knowledge, and excellent math skills.
- Primary responsibilities for customer service associates consist of maintaining inventory levels, purchasing parts and materials, explaining repairs and costs to customers, and establishing friendships with patrons for return business.
- Generally, customer service representatives start out at minimum wage and may increase to $11.00 an hour.
- Midas hires technicians to repair and maintain customer vehicles.
- Technicians must possess minimum two years ASE certifications and experience with vehicle repairs.
- Additional requirements include communicates well with customers and explains repairs needed, works independently with high productivity, and experience with shop tools and equipment.
- Midas technicians earn pay rates between $33,000 and $42,000 per year, based on experience and level of certification.
Auto Shop Manager
- To keep repair shops operating in an efficient manner, Midas must hire well qualified managers.
- Midas managers drive sales, ensure employee safety and customer satisfaction, control cost through inventory, control outside purchases, and ensure quality service and work on customers vehicles.
- Managers with Midas must possess a high school diploma, at least three years leadership in an automotive repair establishment, superior communication skills, knowledge of Midas procedures and policies, POS experience, math and computer abilities, and prior experience as an automotive technician.
- Salary options for Midas auto shop managers typically hover around $45,000 to $55,000 a year.
Benefits of Working at Midas Canada
With an exciting career at Midas, employees receive unmatched health and financial job benefits. Employment benefits and eligibility requirements may vary by auto shop location. New hires with Midas immediately receive free uniforms, competitive pay options, and discounts on products and services. Healthcare coverage becomes available for eligible Midas workers, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, life insurance options, and prescription drug plans. Consult the automotive service chain for further information on healthcare coverage offered by Midas.
Midas provides financial stability for eligible team members. Financial benefits consist of 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, and employee assistance programs. Additional work benefits from Midas may include stock options, adoption assistance, and daycare assistance. Interested applicants may apply online or contact a local Midas establishment for more details on financial benefits.
Midas opened up shop in 1956, Macon, GA, by founder Nate Sherman. Originally called Midas Muffler, the company specialized in just replacement mufflers. A decade later, Midas expanded to more than 420 shops and offered shock absorber service. Midas even started to sell recreational vehicles. Growth ultimately forced Midas to focus solely on car service. During the 1970s and 1980s, IC Industries acquired Midas and began offering brake service, as well. Today, Midas automotive service centers now perform tire service, regular vehicle maintenance, and commercial fleet services with locations across the globe.
Patrons rely on Midas for regular scheduled maintenance and comprehensive auto services. Midas offers services for fluid changes, brakes, exhaust, steering and suspension, batteries, tires, engine repairs, and fleet services. Loyal customers receive special promotions and discounts for continuing service with the company. The Midas website provides patrons with scheduling options, coupons, advance knowledge of special services, car safety tips, and basic automotive information for do-it-yourself mechanics at home. Customers may download the Midas app for smart phones to find the nearest location, schedule appointments, receive coupons, and check maintenance records.
Midas operates as a subsidiary company to TBC Corporation, which operates under the Japanese company Sumitomo Corporation since 2005. Sumitomo Corporation trades on the Tokyo Stock Exchange under 8053 with headquarters in Chuo, Tokyo, Japan. Midas trades on the NYSE under the symbol, MDS. With locations worldwide, Midas generates millions of dollars in annual revenue. Midas Canada Inc. headquarters reside in Markham, ON. Midas International Corporation headquarters rest in Itasca, IL.
Minimum age to work at Midas: 14
Official Site: http://midas.com/AboutMidas/Careers/tabid/602/Default.aspx