Online Job Application for McDonald’s Jobs
McDonald’s Canada employs nearly 80,000 workers throughout the country. As a major competitor in the fast food industry, McDonald’s Canada needs a dedicated workforce.
McDonalds Job Opportunities
Employment with McDonald’s Canada features numerous job titles, both part-time and full-time. For example, entry-level workers may enjoy restaurant operation jobs, while career-oriented and experienced individuals may look to management, supervisory, or even corporate opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested job seekers may apply to the nearest McDonalds to start the hiring process. Individuals may also apply online for even more information on employment with McDonald’s Canada.
McDonald’s Canada Positions and Salary Info
Positions commonly for hire with McDonalds include:
Making up the majority of the company workforce, McDonalds crew members generally handle restaurant routines and operations. On any given day, team members may need to:
- Handle the cash register, back drive-thru, grill, and fryer.
- Easily one of the most important responsibilities, crew members with McDonalds must maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Team members of McDonald’s Canada usually make around minimum wage, though in some instances, crew members may earn upwards of $12.00 an hour.
Hospitality leaders perform duties similar to shift leaders. A hospitality leader usually:
- Monitors McDonald’s Canada crew members and enforces proper procedures and policies.
- Leaders must also perform the regular restaurant operations.
- Most importantly, hospitality leaders train new McDonalds team members and integrate new store policies.
- Typical wages for McDonald’s Canada hospitality leaders range from $12.00 to $16.00 per hour.
The job duties of the manager include:
- Managers mainly monitor the business aspect of the restaurant and act as liaisons for the corporate parent.
- To keep restaurants running smoothly, managers also handle the hiring process.
- McDonalds managers screen applicants, set up interviews, and handle the initial introduction into working for the fast food chain.
- For many managers, McDonald’s Canada offers competitive salaries, between $40,000 to $50,000 a year.
Fast food company McDonalds runs just like any major corporation. McDonald’s Canada needs many corporate employees in departments, like marketing, IT, accounting, real estate, franchising, and other aspects of business management.
- Typically, corporate employment with McDonald’s Canada requires a degree or some kind of formal training.
- McDonalds does offer many internship opportunities for college students and recent graduates, as well.
- Salary rates for McDonald’s Canada corporate associates vary by job title, experience, and education level.
Benefits of Working at McDonald’s Canada
McDonald’s Canada regularly rewards workers with several enticing job benefits. Both part-time workers and full-time crew members earn employment benefits from McDonalds, though the extent of said perks may differ. McDonalds normally offers training opportunities, education, and even scholarship opportunities for young employees. The hiring and training process may shed more light on employee benefits available with McDonald’s Canada.
Insurance & Savings Packages
Most important to restaurant workers, McDonald’s Canada offers medical assistance and insurance plans, which include vision, dental, and general health coverage. Team members with a number of years of service may qualify for 401(k) retirement plans. McDonald’s Corporation also offers significant financial assistance, such as savings accounts, credit unions, and additional wealth management programs. Smaller work benefits include exclusive employee discounts on clothing and electronics.
More About McDonalds
McDonald’s Canada became one of the first international markets for fast food giant McDonalds. Founded in the 1960s, most McDonald’s Canada locations operate as affiliates or franchise locations of McDonald’s Corporation. McDonald’s Canada operates standalone stores as well as locations inside of shopping malls, major department stores, gas stations, and highway rest areas. Some locations operate 24 hours a day.
How Does McDonalds Work?
McDonalds stands as one of the most popular fast food restaurants in the world. Similar to its American counterpart, McDonald’s Canada serves burgers, fries, chicken sandwiches, salads, and breakfast sandwiches. The restaurant chain incorporates Canadian culture into the menu by using Canadian cheddar cheese on many burgers. Also like McDonalds in the U.S., McDonald’s Canada offers all menu items at affordable prices.
McDonald’s Canada became one of the first markets the international fast food corporation branched into. McDonald’s Canada originally started in Richmond, British Columbia, in 1967. Today, the company operates over 1,400 locations throughout the Canadian Provinces. McDonald’s Canada currently stands as the second-largest restaurant chain in the country. Corporate headquarters reside at 1 McDonald’s Place in Don Mills, Ontario.
What Does McDonalds Offer its Customers?
Popular McDonalds products around the world include a variety of cheeseburgers and fries. The same goes for McDonald’s Canada. In addition to burgers, McDonalds also offers chicken tenders, chicken sandwiches, salads, breakfast foods, fish sandwiches, and deli-style sandwiches. Customers may choose from a variety of sodas, juices, milk, milkshakes, McCafe coffee drinks, and other beverages.
McDonald’s Corporation currently owns McDonald’s Canada. Founded in the 1940s, McDonalds oversees more than 34,000 locations worldwide. Major countries like Australia, China, Russia, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom enjoy McDonalds locations. McDonalds creates annual revenue of roughly $27 billion. The company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the initials, MD.
Minimum age to work at McDonalds: 15
Official Site: www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/careers.html