Online Job Application for Maxi Jobs
Maxi operates as a popular chain of discount grocery stores. Located primarily in the Canadian Province of Quebec, Maxi stores feature hypermarket layouts that sell food as well as general merchandise, pharmaceuticals, and gasoline.
Maxi Job Opportunities
Supermarket chains like Maxi hold job interviews for entry-level positions and professional careers on a regular basis. Applicants must successfully complete the Maxi hiring process in order to gain employment with the Canadian grocery store chain. Jobs available include part-time positions, full-time work, and careers in management and company corporate offices. The most common jobs for hire include part-time, entry-level positions. Maxi regularly hires motivated and dependable workers with or without experience. Learn more about job qualifications for Maxi jobs and fill out an online application form today. The supermarket chain also manages grocery stores under the banner Maxi & Cie. Collectively, more than 100 Maxi and Maxi & Cie stores operates throughout Canada. Maxi employs roughly 7,000 workers and falls under the proprietorship of Canadian food retailer Loblaw Companies.
The Maxi workforce consists of highly motivated and energetic employees. Individuals must stand at least 14 years of age in order to work for Maxi. Some provinces may hire as young as 12 with a work permit. Maxi and Maxi & Cie screen for employment history, related job skills, and availability during the interview process.
Maxi Positions and Salary Information
Interested applicants should consult the following list to learn more about available jobs:
Entry-level job seekers may find work as Maxi cashiers. Traditionally a part-time, Maxi cashier work an average of 20 to 30 hours per week. Primary job duties consist of:
- Greeting customers, operating cash registers, and answering questions about products, policies, and services.
- Maxi cashier jobs involve standing in place for long periods of time and interacting with customers on a regular basis.
- Self-motivated and personable individuals typically represent ideal candidates for Maxi cashier jobs.
- Hourly wages generally start at minimum wage and range up to $11.00 or $12.00 an hour.
Another entry-level employment opportunity, the position of clerk with Maxi involves specific departmental duties. Job
duties may include:
- Assisting in sales, stocking shelves, erecting displays, and operating machinery.
- Work available includes deli, dairy, produce, pharmacy, seafood, meat, and liquor departments.
- Maxi clerks may work irregular schedules.
- Open availability often benefits prospective associates during the hiring process.
- Pay for Maxi clerk jobs often starts around $10.00 an hour.
- Increases in hourly pay may lead to wages between $12.00 and $13.00.
Maxi locations often include in-house pharmacies. The grocery store chain must hire qualified candidates to work as pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Daily responsibilities range from:
- Filling prescriptions and dispensing medications to alerting customers to possible drug reactions and ringing up transactions on POS systems.
- Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians with Maxi must possess proper certification through accredited colleges for employment consideration.
- Prior and related work experience may also prove necessary for employment.
- Pharmacy technicians earn hourly pay rates between $12.00 and $14.00 per hour, on average.
- Maxi offers pharmacists lucrative salary options reaching as much as $100,000 a year, depending on training and prior experience.
Promotion and merit may lead to careers as Maxi managers. Applicants with industry experience may also apply for Maxi managerial roles. Work available includes supervisor, department manager, and store manager jobs. Supervisors often lead small teams of employees. Typical job duties include:
- Training new associates, scheduling workers, and overseeing entry-level employees.
- Maxi department managers also supervise workers as well as delegate daily tasks and enforce protocol and procedure.
- Store managers conduct job interviews, place product orders, carry out administrative tasks, and communicate with Maxi corporate offices.
- Supervisors earn anywhere between $30,000 and $35,000 per year, on average.
- Department managers enjoy average annual salary rates around $47,000.
- Store managers may start out around $75,000 in annual salary and often earn in excess of $90,000.
Benefits of Working at Maxi
Maxi offers employees solid work environments conducive to personal and professional growth. Upon hire, associates take part in comprehensive paid training. Maxi stores also offer 18-month advanced training programs through Loblaw Companies. Generous work benefits packages also stand readily available for eligible workers. Employment benefits packages generally consist of financial planning assistance, healthcare options, and discounts on Maxi products and services. Eligibility requirements and availability may vary by location. Apply online for further Maxi employee benefits information.
Insurance & Savings Packages
Financial planning assistance provided by Maxi stores includes 401(k) retirement plans, employee profit sharing, and tuition reimbursement up to 10%. Maxi also provides healthcare coverage, work referral incentives, commuter benefits, complimentary gym memberships, and scholarship opportunities. The grocery store chain also matches employee donations to charitable organizations.
More About Maxi
How Does Maxi Work?
A typical grocery store chain, Maxi offers reduced pricing on name-brand and off-brand items. Customer may purchase prescriptions at Maxi locations and also access fueling stations at select stores. Maxi & Cie retail locations sells general merchandise in addition to grocery items. Patrons may sign up for regular emails featuring deals and promotions on products and services. Most locations sit as large, standalone warehouses. A majority of Maxi stores reside in suburban or metropolitan areas. The company also maintains several rural locations.
Maxi began in 1984. Building on a successful ad campaign, Maxi grew as a company throughout the 1980s and 1990s. In 1996, Maxi launched a sister brand called Maxi & Co. The original Maxi stores stood under ownership of Canadian grocery store retailer Provigo. When Provigo folded in the early 1990s, Maxi absorbed Provigo locations and rebranded the stores under the Maxi namesake. The supermarket company maintains nearly 100 Maxi stores and around 15 Maxi & Cie (Co.) locations.
Products and Services
Primary services provided by Maxi include produce, deli, meat, dairy, seafood, non-perishable, bakery, frozen food, and alcohol sales. Many Maxi stores also include fuel stations and pharmacies. Maxi and Maxi & Cie sell products at discount price points and compete directly with another Canadian discount supermarket chain called No Frills. Maxi grocery stores receive regular patronage for providing a wide range of products and services at low prices. Successful ad campaigns using leaflets featuring a cartoon elephant run during the 1980s and 1990s helped increase brand awareness. The hypermarket formats, low prices, and popular ad campaigns stand as some of the main reasons Maxi enjoys widespread success in the grocery store industry.
Maxi operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Ltd, which trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange as L. The grocery store retailer manages roughly 1,000 locations throughout Canada and pulls in $30 billion in annual revenues. Maxi corporate offices sit in Brampton, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Maxi: 14
Official Site: www.maxi.com/careers/