Online Job Application for Marriott Jobs
Keen on exceptional customer service, Marriott Canada provides concierge services, such as valet, housekeeping, room service, and laundry service.
Marriott Job Opportunities
Jobs available with Marriott hotels in Canada include full-time and part-time opportunities. Work shifts consist of day, night, weekend, and holiday schedules. Applicants with no real experience may apply for work as valet attendants, laundry attendants, housekeeping, front desk operations, and room service associates with Marriott. Career-minded individuals may seek employment opportunities as supervisors or managers for the hotel chain. The Marriott Canada interview process seeks applicants with outgoing personalities and positive attitudes to continue the tradition of exceptional customer service. Apply online for further information on available jobs with Marriott Canada.
The Canadian hotel chain offers many entry-level jobs to maintain day-to-day operations. Applicants need to create an online profile with contact information, past employers and work experience, educational information, references, and desired position to start the hiring process with Marriott.
Marriott Canada Positions and Salary Information
Workers may submit applications for the following hotel jobs with Marriott Canada:
Housekeepers provide cleaning services for Marriott guests. Duties include:
- Vacuuming, changing bed sheets, cleaning bathrooms, and wiping down doors.
- Applicants with exceptional cleaning and sanitary services stand to gain preferential treatment over other candidates during the interview process.
- Marriott hiring managers also seek applicants with team-oriented values, flexibility, excellent customer service skills, and great written and verbal communication skills.
- Average hourly wages fall between $11.00 and $14.00 for Marriott housekeepers in Canada.
Front Desk Agent
A typical entry-level job, front desk agents become the first person Marriott guests encounter. Primary responsibilities consist of:
- Answering phones, taking room reservations, explaining hotel policies, practices, and services, and providing information on hotel amenities and concierge services.
- Applicants must display strong organizational and leadership with written and verbal communication skills for employment consideration from Marriott.
- Pay for front desk agents with the Canadian hotel chain generally falls between $12.00 and $15.00 per hour.
Duties for a Marriott laundry attendant include:
- Preparing, cleaning, and delivering linens to hotel departments.
- Applicants with experience operating industrial laundry equipment gain more consideration over other candidates.
- Laundry attendants with Marriott maintain laundry equipment, respond to hotel staff and guests requests, keep an organized and clean work environment, work well with other employees, and strive under pressure in a stressful environment.
- Hourly pay rates for Marriott laundry attendants in Canada hover between $11.00 and $13.00.
The Canadian hotel company hires competent applicants for managerial positions throughout properties. Commonly open job titles include area sales manager, event manager, restaurant manager, and hotel manager positions. Job responsibilities consist of:
- Administrative duties, such as hiring and training new employees, communicating with Marriott corporate offices, ensuring guest satisfaction, scheduling associates, delegating work, and adhering to company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Salary rates for Marriott managers vary by job title and responsibilities and range from $35,000 to over $70,000 a year for well-qualified applicants.
Benefits of Working at Marriott Canada
Marriott Canada understands the value of putting people first. The hotel chain provides a supportive environment for employees to grow and build a long-term career. Hotel workers receive many employment benefits upon hire, such as competitive pay, flexible schedules, and a positive work environment. Team members take advantage of generous discounts at all Marriott locations and sister hotels around the world, including room discounts, discounts on food and beverages, and retail discounts at Marriott gift shops. The hotel chain recognizes associates with service awards and recognition dinners for outstanding customer service, exceptional leadership, commitment to local communities, and years of service.
Insurance & Savings Packages
Associates with Marriott hotels in Canada also receive financial stability benefits for future savings. 401(k) retirement plans, employee assistance planning, and spending accounts help Marriott workers save and plan for future finances. Healthcare options include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, prescription drug plans, and disability coverage.
More about Marriott
International hotel chain Marriott operates over 3,700 properties in more than 74 countries throughout the world. The international chain provides full-service hotels and resorts for travelling businessmen, vacationers, and leisurely travelers alike. Marriott Canada maintains 14 locations across the country and provides many concierge services to accommodate every guest. The international hotel manages and franchises a wide range of hotels and lodging facilities, such as Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Ritz-Carlton, Courtyard by Marriott, TownPlace Suites, and Marriott Executive apartments.
How Does Marriott Work?
Marriott Canada offers exceptional lodging at affordable rates. Every room features comfortable beds with clean, fresh linens, clean bathrooms, free high speed internet access, and cable television. With easy, convenient locations, travelers may gain access to tourist attractions, ski resorts, downtown metropolitan areas, and rural Canadian country-sides.
Husband and wife Willard and Alice Marriott opened the first Marriott Hotel in 1957, Arlington, VA. As business grew, Marriott entered the international market with a hotel location in Acapulco, Mexico in 1969. In 1983, the hotel chain debuts the Courtyard brand designed for business travelers and opens the first Fairfield Inn and Marriott Suites in 1987. In 1993, Marriott split into two companies: Marriott International, Inc., which focuses on hotel ownership and management and Host Marriott Corporation, which concentrates on the real estate investment trust. Throughout the 1990s and 2000s, Marriott opened many sister hotels and resorts around the globe. Altogether, the hotel giant maintains more than 3,700 properties.
The Canadian hotel offers guests comfortable accommodations at affordable rates. Guests often encounter free breakfast, Wi-Fi access, and free morning newspapers. Many Marriott Canada locations house fitness facilities, business centers, meeting and conference rooms, in-house restaurants and bars, and even an indoor pool. The company website allows guests to make reservations online and register for special promotions and savings through the email newsletter. Some Marriott Canada hotels may allow pets.
Marriott International operates as a publicly traded company. The international hotel trades on the NYSE under the symbol MAR. With many properties around the globe and over 120,000 employees, Marriott International produces just more than $12 billion in revenue. Headquarters rest in Bethesda, MD.
Minimum age to work at Marriott: 16
Official Site: www.marriott.com/careers/default.mi
Please describe your job title and primary duties.
Okay, sure. I was doing house guest services. So I was more doing the frontline work, initial booking of reservations, things like that, and just making sure that people’s reservations matched up with when they came in. Pretty more admin, but still greeting as well.
How would you describe the application and interview process?
They basically did more of a diversity training culture as well as making sure that you’re personable and that you’re asking the right questions, open-ended questions, to make sure that you’re finding out what the clients are actually needing. So, it was more along the lines of training on specific people and cultures and things like that.
What set you apart from other candidates?
I was enthusiastic about the job and about learning about new people and being able to just talk to people. I was more enthusiastic about the job itself. So, pretty sure that’s what kind of set me apart.
What other advice would you give to a job seeker looking to gain employment?
Know the company and know the brand, know what they’re about. Definitely do your research, if you’re going to go into that field one, and two, to the Marriott itself. That would be my advice. Yeah, know the brand.