Online Job Application for Mac’s Jobs
Mac’s Convenience Stores Limited operates as a popular chain of convenience stores with locations across North America. With a network of over 5,900 locations, Mac’s serves as the largest convenience store retailer in Canada and the second largest convenience store retailer in North America. With primary operations in Canada, Mac’s focuses business efforts in Central and Western Canada. An ongoing success, Mac’s continues to grow each year.
Committed to providing the best convenience store experience possible, Mac’s believes in quality food and drinks and unbeatable service. The convenience store chain focuses on providing customers with comfortable and convenient shopping experiences. In-store seating lets guests stop in to leisurely enjoy meals or drinks. Guests on the go may take advantage of speedy service and convenient store layouts. Store patrons may also enjoy frequent promotions and deals offered at Mac’s.
Dedicated to superior service, Mac’s employs friendly, diligent associates to provide exquisite customer care. An ideal employer, Mac’s company teaches, encourages, and enables employees to reach greater success. The convenience store chain places a strong focus on training and motivation, and, in turn, Mac’s team members exhibit high levels of efficiency and job satisfaction.
Mac’s Jobs and Salary Information
The minimum age requirement for employment consideration with Mac’s stands at 16 years old. Mac’s primarily looks to hire entry-level workers to fill part-time jobs. The company also offers a number of full-time jobs for experienced workers. Whether staffing part-time, entry-level jobs or full-time careers, hiring managers look for courteous, dedicated applicants to join the Mac’s team. Anyone looking to earn solid pay and generous job benefits should look into a Mac’s career. The convenience store chain frequently needs workers to fill the following job titles:
Customer Service Representative
- Customer service representatives with Mac’s Convenience Stores provide fast, efficient, and friendly customer service.
- Primary duties include greeting customers, scanning purchases, handling cash, and checking identification before selling age-restricted items.
- Mac’s customer service representatives also perform a number of duties related to store operations.
- Key duties include stocking food items, refilling beverage dispensers, removing out-of-date and damaged products from sales floors, and maintaining clean and organized store environments.
- When necessary, customer service representatives with Mac’s may need to replace promotional displays and signage.
- Many Mac’s stores include restaurants or sandwich stations requiring the hire of sandwich artists to work behind the counter.
- Sandwich artists take customer orders, assemble sandwiches, prep food, and perform cash register reoperations.
- While performing regular job duties, sandwich artists with Mac’s must maintain clean and organized work environments.
- A management-level position, a Mac’s market manager ensures the store operates efficiently and generates adequate profits.
- The sales and marketing focused position requires workers to monitor sales, pricing, and promotional programs.
- Market managers with Mac’s also monitor and confirm banking and financial information.
- Additional job duties include enforcing loss prevention programs, assisting in employee hiring and training new associates, and managing merchandising programs.
- When needed, market managers at Mac’s stores provide customer service, as well.
- Another management position, a business partner performs and directs store operations at Mac’s.
- Key responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, hiring and training staff, and ensuring proper food handling.
- Mac’s looks for business partners with management experience and strong leadership skills.
Benefits of Working at Mac’s Convenience Stores
Mac’s Convenience Stores offers excellent work benefits. Qualified retail associates receive 401(k) retirement plans and stock purchase programs. Eligible workers with Mac’s also access health benefits, such as medical and dental coverage, prescription discounts, and life insurance plans. Employment benefits vary by job title, length of time with the company, and area of employment.
In addition to 401(k) retirement plans and healthcare coverage, Mac’s associates enjoy flexible work schedules, paid training, and career development opportunities. Workers may also receive generous discounts on store merchandise. Contact a local Mac’s convenience store for more employee benefits information and to begin the hiring process today.
Roots for Mac’s trace back to 1961 when the first location opened in Richmond Hill, ON, Canada. After acquiring Silverwood in 1972, the Mac’s network consisted of 375 stores across Ontario. Originally named Mac’s Mike Limited, the company officially changed its name to Mac’s Convenience Stores Limited in 1975. By 1983, Mac’s expanded operations into British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, and the retail network consisted of more than 700 stores. In 2012, Mac’s reached 50 years in business, consisting at the time of roughly 5,800 stores.
Products and Services
Serving neighborhoods across Canada, Mac’s operates as a convenient destination for fuel, food, and beverage needs. Mac’s gas bars offer quality fuel from major oil partners, like Petro Canada and Esso. Inside, convenience stores offer a wide range of snacks, hot foods, drinks, and travel essentials. Known for offering exquisite beverages, Mac’s sells Seattle’s Best Coffee and signature ice cold Frosters, which come in a variety of flavors. Offering more than typical convenience store snacks, Mac’s sells fresh sandwiches and pastries, sushi, salads, and fresh fruits. Many Mac’s locations include popular quick-service chains inside the stores. Restaurants often partnering with Mac’s include Subway, Quiznos, Taco Del Mar, Sarpino’s Pizza, and A&W.
Mac’s operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Couche-Tard. Managing over 5,800 stores nationwide, Couche-Tard serves as the largest convenience store operator in Canada. A leader in the convenience store industry, Couche-Tard owns and operates Mac’s, Circle K, On the Run, and Statoil Fuel & Retail. In total, Couche-Tard oversees more than 13,000 convenience stores across Canada, the United States, Europe, Mexico, Japan, China, and Indonesia. Each year, Couche-Tard brings in over $28 billion in revenue. The company employs more than 50,000 employees across the world and maintains headquarters in Laval, QC, Canada. A publicly held company, Couche-Tard trades on the TSE as ATD.A and ATD.B
Minimum age to work at Mac’s: 16
Official Site: www.macs.ca/careers/