Online Job Application for Lowe’s Jobs
Each Canadian Lowe’s location features a workforce with hundreds of dedicated and competent employees. Store positions feature several entry-level jobs for first-time workers to enjoy. Advanced career opportunities with Lowe’s Canada also exist for interested individuals. Lowe’s frequently hires candidates with great communication and social skills. Timeliness and a cooperative attitude also help hiring potential with Lowe’s. Job seekers that feel confident about working in the hardware store industry should submit a job application to Lowe’s Canada as soon as possible.
Lowe’s Job Opportunities and Salary Information
Prospective workers with Lowe’s Canada may apply online for part-time or full-time work. Online job openings include specific hiring information and criteria. Applicants should create an online profile to search for Lowe’s jobs. Information needed on the application form include name, address, job desired, contact information, work history, education, availability, and any personal or professional references. Depending on the information provided, applicants may qualify for work with Lowe’s as a:
- As in many other industries, cashiers with Lowe’s spend most of the time ringing up customer purchases.
- Cashiers may checkout a single can of paint for a customer in one order, then need to ring up several giant bags of concrete for the next order.
- Lowe’s trains new cashiers to use a simple register system for all transactions.
- Quite often, cashiers must also handle returns and help answer any store questions.
- A great entry-level job, cashier work with Lowe’s Canada may help employees move up to more advanced positions.
- Pay scales range from around $11.00 to $15.00 an hour.
- Sales associates spend most of the time on the Lowe’s sales floor.
- Basically, the job entails a lot of customer interaction and assistance.
- Associates help shoppers find a certain product or service and give some information about it.
- Most Lowe’s stores make sales associates specialize in a specific department to ensure a knowledgeable and quality staff.
- Sales associates may help customers take larger orders out to vehicles on carts and trolleys.
- Pay rates for sales associates with Lowe’s Canada fall anywhere between $14.00 and $17.00 per hour.
- A merchandiser must keep the Lowe’s home improvement store presentable.
- Merchandisers mainly keep the sales floor well stocked and properly organized.
- These employees must follow preset plan-o-grams for setting up displays or restructuring a section of the store.
- Merchandiser jobs with Lowe’s do require quite a bit of physicality, as workers must lift products, bend, twist, and pull pallets and crates of merchandise throughout the store.
- Lowe’s merchandisers usually receive a fairly set work schedule.
- Wages typically fall around $17.00 to $20.00 an hour.
- Applicants with career aspirations with Lowe’s Canada may take an interest in store management jobs.
- An important leadership position, managers must keep everything in the store running smoothly, mainly the employees and customers.
- Lowe’s supervisors must make purposeful decisions to help all subordinate workers.
- Managers also spend a surprising amount of time behind the scenes, performing office and financial duties.
- Every week, the Lowe’s management team must conduct payroll and scheduling, among other responsibilities.
- Most importantly, however, managers must spend the time interviewing, hiring, and training new employees for work with Lowe’s.
- Most managers with the Canadian hardware store chain earn attractive salary packaging commonly ranging from $45,000 to $60,000 annually.
Benefits of Working at Lowe’s Canada
Lowe’s Canada attributes much success to the performance of store employees. Lowe’s employees may become eligible for over a dozen company job benefits. Lowe’s applicants may find more information on associate rewards during the employment process. Major work benefits available to Lowe’s associates include comprehensive health coverage, income protection, life and accident insurance, retirement, and other complimentary perks.
Comprehensive health coverage for Lowe’s workers include prescription drug, vision, paramedical practitioner, and hospital room coverage. Dental and healthcare spending accounts round out Lowe’s health benefits. Income protection includes basic sick pay and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Life and accident insurance include basic, optional, accidental death, and dismemberment plans, and even business travel accident insurance. Retirement benefits include a stock purchase plan and company-matched 401 (k) retirement program. Other employee benefits listed by Lowe’s Canada include 10 employee discount, tuition reimbursement, vacation time, and public holidays.
More about Lowe’s
Lowe’s hardware stores entered the Canadian market in 2008, with a store in Hamilton, ON. Since then, Lowe’s Canada operates more than two dozen home improvement and appliance stores in provinces like Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Saskatchewan. The national hardware store chain receives hundreds of customers every day looking for tools and appliances to complete all kinds of projects. Lowe’s aims to provide high quality hardware at affordable prices.
Lowe’s stores in Canada feature a comprehensive collection of home improvement supplies, appliances, and building materials. Find products for the kitchen, bathroom, and outdoors. The popular Canadian hardware store also sells building materials like ladders, paint, lumber, door locks, decking, stairs, and railings. Customers may even find windows, lighting, and home decor from Lowe’s. In addition to retail stores, Lowe’s customers may search the company website for even more deals and hardware specials.
The first Lowe’s hardware and home improvement store opened in North Wilkesboro, NC in 1921. At first, Lowe’s offered dry goods, groceries, and produce in addition to building materials. By the 1950s, the company began focusing solely on building materials. Constant expansion in the ensuing decades allowed Lowe’s to become the second largest hardware store in the country. Lowe’s began international expansion into the rest of North America, namely Mexico and Canada, in the mid-2000s. In 2011, Lowe’s initiated plans to open stores in Australia. Overall, Lowe’s owns and operates more than 1,700 full-service stores.
Major appliances from Lowe’s include dishwashers, microwaves, freezers and refrigerators, stoves and ovens, and heaters and air conditioners. Home decor from the Canadian hardware store chain includes rugs, mirrors, wallpaper, curtains, bedding, and fireplaces. Certain locations even offer furniture for the bedroom, office, bathroom, patio, entryway, living room, and even a home bar or game room. Lowe’s Canada carries nearly countless brands for appliances, building materials, furniture, tools, and hardware, which gives customers limitless choices.
Corporate headquarters for Lowe’s hardware stores reside in Mooresville, NC. The company currently employs about 161,000 associates across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Australia. Annual revenue figures for Lowe’s total around $50.2 billion. A public company, Lowe’s trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the initials, LOW.
Minimum age to work at Lowe’s: 14
Official Site: www.lowes.ca/articles/careers-with-lowes_a1020.html