Online Job Application for Laura Secord Jobs
The original Laura Secord shop opened in Ontario in the early 1910s. Named after Canadian folk legend Laura Secord, the specialty foods retailer stands as one of the most prominent and successful ice cream and confectionary shops in Canada. Laura Secord offers a variety of baked goods and desserts customers enjoy both on-the-run and in-store out of convenient locations nationwide. Each year, loyal patrons continue to grow the brand name and expand the company across Canada.
Aside from delectable desserts, Laura Secord customers cite convenient, mall-based locations as popular draws to the specialty foods chain. Laura Secord primarily operates in large shopping malls and shopping centers in densely populated cities and suburban areas throughout Canada. Foot traffic represents a large majority of business generated by Laura Secord stores. An online store also generates a sizeable amount of business for the fast food chain. Many consider something sweet from Laura Secord equivalent to a gift from F.A.O. Schwartz or Harry London chocolates.
Due to popular demand and widespread presence in Canada, Laura Secord represents an ideal place for first-time job seekers and career professionals to find meaningful work in the specialty foods industry. Applicants must meet provincial minimum hiring ages for employment consideration. Additional hiring requirements vary by position and location. Laura Secord generally looks to hire friendly, outgoing, and motivated individuals able to safely and successfully operate general kitchen equipment and provide outstanding customer service.
Laura Secord Positions and Salary Information
The most accessible Laura Secord jobs available include part-time and full-time entry-level positions. Careers in management also provide viable options for employment at Laura Secord locations. Applicants must stand at least 14 to receive hiring consideration. Further hiring requirements vary by position. Refer to the following list for details on specific positions for hire:
- Job seekers interested in part-time work with the nationwide confectionary chain should entertain team member employment opportunities.
- Available in full-time capacities as well, Laura Secord team member jobs primarily consist of customer service and food preparation responsibilities.
- Specific job duties often include cleaning work areas, ringing up purchases, greeting customers, prepping, baking, and packaging foods, and taking inventory.
- The ability to work nights and weekends may prove necessary for employment consideration.
- Pay often hovers around minimum wage for Laura Secord entry-level team members, with experienced associates making as much as $11.00 per hour, in most cases.
- The responsibilities of Laura Secord managers generally involve supervising, scheduling, hiring, and training employees.
- Additional job duties include maintaining inventory levels, ensuring customer satisfaction, processing payroll and other clerical tasks, and communicating with Laura Secord company headquarters.
- Managers also frequently perform entry-level job duties during busy rushes.
- Supervisory and managerial positions typically feature full-time hours.
- High school diplomas and experience in a position of leadership or similar industry serve as basic hiring requirements for managers at most stores.
- Applicants must also meet the minimum age requirement of 18.
- Supervisors start out at $11.00 to $12.00 per hour at most stores.
- Laura Secord store managers may earn as much as $35,000 to $40,000 annual salary, depending on location and experience.
Benefits of Working at Laura Secord
Laura Secord employees receive several job benefits upon hire. Both entry-level workers and managers enjoy competitive base pay and salary options, paid training, flexible work schedules, and access to career development programs. Laura Secord jobs also feature generous discounts on confectionary goods and chocolates.
In addition to discounts on chocolates and baked goods, Laura Secord offers eligible workers comprehensive employee benefits packages. Health and wellness plans and financial assistance often headline available work benefits. Qualified associates gain access to medical coverage and life insurance policies, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement plans. Laura Secord employment benefits and eligibility requirements may vary by location, and often by position. Contact a local Laura Secord store for more details and to begin the hiring process now.
Canadian politician and businessman Frank P. Connor opened the first Laura Secord location in Toronto, ON, Canada, in 1913. Dedicated to a national heroine and folk legend of the same name, Laura Secord experienced substantial initial success. The confectionary shop and chocolatier expanded into Manitoba during the 1920s and continued to expand during the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s, in Quebec and other Atlantic Canada provinces. The specialty foods chain launched a company line of ice creams during the 1970s. Laura Secord changed ownership four times from 1980 to the early 2010s. As of August 2013, Jean and Jacques Leclerc serve as sole proprietors.
Known almost exclusively for designer lines of chocolates, the Laura Secord menu consists of other freshly made goods, as well. Laura Secord sells novelty food items like chocolate lollipops, buttercream fudge, hot chocolate, brittles, and biscuits. Chocolate crayons, chocolate golf balls, and chocolate cigars represent other popular novelty food items sold by Laura Secord. Candies, nuts, gift baskets, ice creams, jellies, and preserves also feature prominently on Laura Secord menus. Storefronts often offer food items buffet-style behind glass, where customers may pick freshly made items to eat on-the-go or to wrap up as a gift. Laura Secord also sells menu items through an online store.
The Canadian confectionary company manufactures all food items in the North American country. Jean and Jacques Leclerc serve as owners and operators of the private company. Around 120 retail locations operate under the Laura Secord banner. Laura Secord pulls in between $60 million and $80 million in annual sales revenue. Corporate headquarters reside in Mississauga, ON, Canada, and Quebec City, QC, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Laura Secord: 14
Official Site: http://www.laurasecord.ca/en/careers