Online Job Application for Krispy Kreme Jobs
American coffee shop chain Krispy Kreme expanded into Canadian markets in 2001. Founded in 1937, the specialty foods retailer began as a small-scale delivery company. Using a secret, New Orleans recipe, company founder Vernon Rudolph gained acclaim for Krispy Kreme donuts and experienced enough early success to open an official storefront. Nearly half a dozen locations operate under the Krispy Kreme Canada banner. In total, Krispy Kreme manages roughly 700 coffee shops in a little more than 20 countries. Close to 3,700 workers maintain Krispy Kreme locations worldwide.
Krispy Kreme enjoys widespread popularity for delicious baked goods and reasonable prices. Customers enjoy fast service and hot, fresh donuts and pastries along with coffees, teas, and seasonal beverages. Donuts available vary in filling and toppings. Krispy Kreme famously uses fresh jams and jellies as donut fillings and also uses powdered sugar, icing, and sprinkles. Seasonal favorites include pumpkin flavored coffees and donuts during fall and Christmas colored cookies and donuts during winter. Most Krispy Kreme locations operate in heavily trafficked areas of suburban communities and major cities. Krispy Kreme Canada mainly operates in large metropolitan areas.
Employment opportunities at coffee shop chains like Krispy Kreme provide ideal avenues for part-time work for entry-level job hopefuls. The international donut shop also hires motivated professionals to work as managers and supervisors at coffee shop locations. Ideal candidates work well with others and exude strong customer service and sanitation skills. The ability to work comfortably with kitchen equipment may also play an important role in the Krispy Kreme hiring process. Apply online to access Krispy Kreme jobs in Canada and receive immediate employment consideration.
Krispy Kreme Job Titles and Salary Info
The Canadian coffee shop chain primarily hires for entry-level positions. Applicants must meet the minimum hiring age of 14 in order to work for Krispy Kreme. Some provinces allow for applicants as young as 12 to gain employment with work permits. Krispy Kreme Canada jobs offer competitive base pay, paid training programs, and opportunities for career advancement. Jobs regularly for hire include:
- Krispy Kreme cashier associates work the front end of coffee shop locations.
- Primary job duties include greeting customers, explaining menu items, and ringing up purchases on POS systems.
- Employees on cash registers may assist cooks during busy hours.
- The position features both full-time and part-time shift availabilities, although most cashiers work part-time between 15 and 30 hours a week.
- Krispy Kreme Canada screens for friendly, personable, and efficient applicants during the hiring process for cashier jobs.
- Pay scales start out at minimum wage and increase with strong work performance and merit.
- Another traditionally entry-level job title, the position of Krispy Kreme cook primarily involves the handling, preparing, and cooking of baked goods.
- Cooks also clean ovens and remove garbage.
- Workers may also perform cashier duties during busy hours.
- Krispy Kreme cooks must adhere to strict health and safety regulations at all times.
- The average cook with Krispy Kreme Canada earns between minimum wage and $14.00 per hour.
- Experience in the coffee shop industry may influence hourly pay at time of hire.
- Krispy Kreme offers a variety of employment opportunities for career seekers.
- Jobs available include shift supervisor, assistant general manager, and general manager roles.
- Responsibilities range from hiring and training new employees and supervisor entry-level associates to scheduling workers, enforcing company protocols and procedures, processing payroll, and driving sales.
- Shift supervisors with Krispy Kreme may work full-time or part-time.
- Average pay for shift supervisor associates falls around $12.00 an hour.
- Krispy Kreme assistant managers in Canada earn between $30,000 and $40,000 in annual salary.
- Average salary options for general managers with the donut shop chain hover around $50,000 per year.
Benefits of Working at Krispy Kreme Canada
Although Krispy Kreme franchises many locations worldwide, new-hire employees enjoy generous work benefits at both franchised and company-owned coffee shop locations. Basic employment benefits include complimentary uniforms, excellent pay scales, paid training, flexible scheduling, free donuts and coffee, and company outings. Krispy Kreme Canada also offers qualified associates comprehensive benefits packages. Refer to Krispy Kreme for more details on available job benefits.
Health and wellness plans and financial assistance serve as primary benefits provided to eligible Krispy Kreme associates. Benefits packages consists of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, 401(k) retirement plans, employee stock purchase plans, profit sharing plans, and disability insurance. Krispy Kreme employee benefits also include paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and scholarship opportunities. Apply online to take advantage of available Krispy Kreme positions and earn quality work benefits now.
Krispy Kreme Canada began in the United States in the early 1930s. Originally a vendor selling to grocery stores, Krispy Kreme upgraded operations and opened the first official storefront in 1937. The donut shop chain expanded across the U.S. greatly throughout the 1950s and 1960s. In 1976, Beatrice Foods bought Krispy Kreme and assumed full proprietorship. The company underwent management changes again in 1982 as several franchises bought back the coffee shop chain. The first Canadian Krispy Kreme opened in 2001 in Mississauga, ON, Canada. As of March 2013, nearly half a dozen donut shops operated under the Krispy Kreme name.
Donuts represent the most popular menu items sold at Krispy Kreme locations. Customers enjoy freshly baked or packaged donuts and other pastries at reasonable prices. Most Krispy Kreme coffee shops also sell coffees and iced beverages. Krispy Kreme Canada locations typically feature small dining areas and carryout services. Many offer drive-thru services, as well.
Originally a private company, Krispy Kreme operates as a publicly traded entity and trades on the NYSE as KKD. The international donut shop chain generates over $360 million in annual revenues. Krispy Kreme world headquarters reside in Winston-Salem, NC, USA.
Minimum age to work at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts: 14
Official Site: www.krispykreme.com/can.html