Online Job Application for Kal Tire Jobs
Kal Tire ranks as the largest independent tire dealer in Canada and boasts over 240 locations throughout the country. The company provides tires and mechanical services for passenger, commercial, off-road, and mining vehicles. The mining division of Kal Tire maintains service sites in 20 countries spanning five continents. In Canada, most Kal Tire retail and commercial service locations remain company-owned. Kal Tire began in British Columbia, Canada, and operates as far east as Quebec, Canada.
Kal Tire retails many well-known tire brands for both personal and commercial vehicles. Many Kal Tire stores also perform basic maintenance and repair services. In addition to offering basic automotive services, Kal Tire stands as the largest provider of commercial and off-road tire retreading company in Canada. Kal Tire also completes custom wheel projects and regularly offers specials and warranties on products and services.
Kal Tire employs more than 5,000 workers worldwide. In Canada, the nationwide tire retailer regularly hires new employees for entry-level jobs and management careers. Store locations offer both part-time and full-time job opportunities. Most locations operate under Kal Tire ownership and use the same job application and hiring process.
Kal Tire Jobs and Salary Information
As the largest tire retailer in Canada, Kal Tire presents work opportunities the in automotive parts and service industries. On the whole, applicants must be at least 14 years old to obtain customer service jobs with Kal Tire and 16 or older to find technical employment with the automotive service chain. The company expects continued expansion and offers career advancement opportunities for both entry-level associates and managers. Kal Tire promotes high standards of workplace safety and teamwork among employees. Employment available with Kal Tire includes:
Front Counter Sales-Customer Service
- Front counter associates at Kal Tire communicate directly with customers.
- Desirable attributes for this position include effective problem solving, planning, organizing, and communication skills.
- Kal Tire customer service employees answer incoming calls, handle customer inquiries, and finalize sales transactions.
- Pay begins around minimum wage and may increase to $13.00 or $14.00 per hour.
- Primary responsibilities for Kal Tire automotive technicians include inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing various makes and models of vehicles.
- Applicants should possess trade certification and prior experience in vehicle maintenance.
- Kal Tire also values attention to detail and requires automotive technicians to supply and maintain personal tools.
- Starting pay rests around $14.00 an hour and may increase with experience.
- Tire technicians with Kal Tire install, inspect, and repair tires and wheels on customer vehicles.
- Other job duties include completing custom projects and maintaining equipment.
- Kal Tire requires applicable certification and previous industry experience.
- Prospective employees must also commit to high standards of responsibility and safety.
- Tire technicians at Kal Tire earn hourly pay rates of roughly $14.00 or $15.00.
- Kal Tire frequently fills management positions internally upon successful completion of Management Trainee programs.
- Applicants demonstrate leadership through previous management or supervisory experience.
- Managers at Kal Tire oversee all aspects of store operations, including customer service, automotive repair, and sales.
- Additional responsibilities include hiring and training new associates.
- Generally, Kal Tire managers earn about $50,000 in yearly salary.
Benefits of Working at Kal Tire
Kal Tire offers attractive job benefits for entry-level workers and management associates. In addition to competitive pay scales and flexible scheduling, Kal Tire associates enjoy paid training, performance incentives, and discounts on products and services. Complete an online application form with Kal Tire today for access to employee benefits and careers in tire retail and auto repair.
The Canadian tire retail leader also provides the employment benefits of comprehensive medical coverage and 401(k) retirement plans to qualified employees. Additionally, Kal Tire offers profit-sharing programs to eligible store managers. Apply online to receive hiring consideration from Kal Tire now.
Kal Tire began in Vernon, BC, Canada, in 1953. Thomas Foord started the company to service area commercial loggers. Named after local landmark Kalamalka Lake, Kal Tire partnered with Goodyear in 1972 and spread throughout British Columbia. About a decade later, the Canadian tire dealer expanded east and acquired Bridgestone assets in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Kal Tire entered Ontario in 2002 and extended across Canada with locations in Quebec as of 2013. The nationwide tire retailer also operates mining service sites on five continents.
Products and Services
Kal Tire retails many popular tire brands like Bridgestone, Firestone, and Michelin. Stores also provide tire storage, studding, and used tires. Mechanical services and custom wheel projects remain standard Kal Tire offerings, as well. In addition to providing tires and services for passenger vehicles, Kal Tire operates ten tire retread facilities across Canada for commercial clients.
Kal Tire generates annual net sales in excess of $300 million. The family of founder Thomas Foord continues to operate the company. The Canadian tire giant continually seeks opportunities for expansion, particularly in the eastern provinces. Corporate headquarters for Kal Tire remain in Vernon, BC.
Minimum age to work at Kal Tire: 14
Official Site: www.kaltire.com/careers/