Online Job Application for JYSK Jobs
JYSK Canada serves as the counterpart to JYSK Denmark offering customers Scandinavian design furniture and accessories. The first JYSK Canada store opened in Coquitlam, BC, in 1996. The store sells bed and bath furnishings, home décor, furniture and mattresses, and children’s décor and furniture. JYSK maintains more than 50 store locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia.
With clever purchasing, JYSK offers customers home décor and furnishings from all over the world and pass the savings on to patrons. Primary products offered by JYSK include bedding and bath accessories, mattresses, furniture for the home and office, and children’s toys, bedding, and furniture. JYSK products feature up to 60% off suggested retail prices. Patrons enjoy sales and clearance promotions which create brand-awareness and establishes customer fan-base.
Prospective JYSK employees may discover new and challenging careers with the home décor retail store. Entry-level jobs stand abundant and provide great opportunity for career advancement in the retail industry. Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment greatly benefits applicants searching for work with JYSK. Applicants may apply online to discover more information on available jobs and qualifications with JYSK.
JYSK Job Opportunities and Salary Information
JYSK provides entry-level positions in part-time and full-time schedules. The hiring process screens for applicants with positive attitudes and outgoing, motivated personalities. Applicants must meet the required minimum age of 16 for employment consideration with JYSK. The following list provides detailed information on available jobs offered at JYSK:
- JYSK sales associates interact with customers throughout the day and represent the face of the company.
- Job seekers with excellent customer service skills, great written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment receive more consideration over other candidates.
- Primary responsibilities for JYSK sales associates involve maintaining clean stores and departments, handling sales transactions, actively engaging with customers, and answering questions on company policies, services, and procedures.
- Average pay rates for sales associates with JYSK begin at minimum wage and increase to $11.00 or $12.00 per hour with experience and time with the company.
- Representing part of the management team, JYSK merchandisers set up and display store products, validate the accuracy of displays, and ensure the quality of merchandise on the sales floor.
- Additional responsibilities include opening and closing of the store, participate in the weekly circular, and performing tasks outside of usual duties.
- Aspiring JYSK team members with outgoing personalities, strong leadership and decision making skills, and positive attitudes gain employment consideration over other applicants.
- Salary rates for merchandisers at JYSK stores range from $25,000 to $32,000 a year.
- Job seekers in search of a career with JYSK may consider managerial opportunities.
- Primary job titles for managers include store manager and assistant manager.
- JYSK managers responsibilities include administrative job duties, including hiring and training new workers, setting associate schedules, and processing payroll.
- Additional responsibilities may include communicating with corporate offices, delegating work to employees, ensuring customer satisfaction, and keeping store inventory.
- Applicants displaying strong attributes in leadership, organization, and motivation gain more consideration over other candidates during the JYSK hiring process.
- Salaries for assistant managers hover between $36,000 and $39,000 per year.
- Store managers with JYSK receive yearly salary options range between $45,000 and $65,000.
Benefits of Working at JYSK
JYSK Canada cares for employee health and well-being and understands the balance between life and work. The company offers comprehensive employment benefits package, such as healthcare options, financial assistance and planning, and insurance options. Upon hire, JYSK associates receive competitive pay scales, employee discounts, paid training, and career growth opportunities. Qualified retail workers additionally receive paid time off including holidays, vacation, and sick days.
Eligible JYSK employees receive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. Financial assistance allows qualified associates to receive 401(k) retirement plans, bonus incentives, and loyalty reward programs. Additional financial benefits from JYSK may include educational reimbursement, adoption assistance, and company stock options. Applicants should apply online today or contact a local JYSK franchise to receive full information on available job benefits.
JYSK founder Lars Larsen wanted to buy quality products at bulk-prices and pass the savings on to customers. The very first JYSK store opened in 1979 in Aarhus, Denmark. The company expanded throughout Denmark and opened the first international store in Flensborg, Germany in 1984. Today, the company maintains locations in 34 countries with more than 2,000 stores. JYSK Canada opened in 1996 in Coquitlam, BC, and now maintains over 50 locations.
Products and Services
As a global retail chain, JYSK provides patrons with exceptional service and quality products annually. Customers take advantage of savings on furniture, bedding accessories and mattresses, bath accessories, home furniture, and children’s furniture. JYSK advertises savings up to 60% off regular retail prices and continually provides closeout clearance items. JYSK Canada utilizes social media to bring brand awareness to loyal customers with the jysk.ca website. Patrons may sign up for a contest every month for a $500 JYSK gift card.
JYSK operates as a private company with more than 2,000 store location worldwide. The company employs over 17,000 workers from retail jobs to corporate careers. In total, JYSK’s annual turnover stands around $3.4 billion. JYSK Canada head office sit in Port Coquitlam, BC. JYSK company headquarters rest in Brabrand, Denmark.
Minimum age to work at JYSK: 16
Official Site: http://jysk.monstermediaworks.ca/