Online Job Application for Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill Jobs
Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill operates as a Canadian restaurant chain with locations in four provinces and one U.S. state.
Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill Job Opportunities
The majority of jobs available at Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill include part-time entry-level positions. Full-time employment opportunities in entry-level and career professional capacities also exist. Workers receive paid training, competitive base pay, generous salary options, and access to other outstanding work benefits. The company focuses on team unity and engages workers in fun outings and regular parties to build morale. Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill begins the hiring process with applicants 16 and over.
Restaurant chains like Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill offer entry-level job seekers and career professionals outstanding opportunities for work. Available jobs include part-time and full-time positions. Workers may access Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill employment opportunities through the online application process. Most potential hires participate in fairly informal interviews during the hiring process. Jack Astor’s hiring managers screen for motivated and dedicated workers with strong work ethics and passion for customer service. The lively and entertaining atmospheres of Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill locations often require workers to possess fun-loving and energetic personalities. Contact a local Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill to learn more about hiring requirements and the available jobs now.
Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill Jobs and Salary Information
Jobs regularly for hire include:
The first point of contact with customers at Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill locations, host workers greet and seat patrons and explain ongoing specials. Additional job duties revolve around:
- Creating seating charts and assisting wait staff, as needed.
- The entry-level position typically requires no previous employment history.
- Applicants must demonstrate friendly, courteous, and attentive personalities during Jack Astor’s job interviews.
- Pay scales for hosts begin around minimum wage and increase overtime.
Jack Astor’s server positions provide Canadian job seekers viable entry-level work featuring flexible scheduling. Part-time and full-time Jack Astor’s server jobs exist for the convenience of prospective employees. Typical job duties range from:
- Taking food and drink orders and bringing orders to tables to catering to patron requests, explaining menu items, and processing bills on computerized POS systems.
- Servers must work efficiently and exude professionalism at all times.
- Associates earn provincial minimum wages for tipped employees, plus gratuities, at start.
- Pay may increase with experience and time spent with the company.
Applicants for bartending positions must stand at least 18 years of age at time of hire. Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill bartenders must also possess previous experience bartending. Some locations may ask potential associates to hold high school diplomas, as well. Key responsibilities for bartending staff include:
- Mixing and serving drinks, processing tabs, and checking IDs.
- Due to the nature of the job, bartenders must also ensure the safety of patrons and assume responsibility for cutting guests off if deemed appropriate.
- The average bartender makes $12.00 to $14.00 in hourly wages. Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill bartenders also earn gratuities.
Managers must also stand at least 18 at time of hire and hold high school diplomas, relevant experience, and strong organizational and leadership skills. Job duties include:
- Hiring and training new associates, setting work schedules, maintaining inventories, motivating and supervising employees, ensuring customer satisfaction, reconciling cash drawers, and performing opening and closing procedures.
- Specific careers in management available include front of house manager, marketing manager, kitchen manager, assistant kitchen manager, assistant general manager, and general manager.
- Hourly pay starts around $30,000 annual salary for front of house managers and kitchen managers and increases up to $60,000 or more for general managers.
Benefits of Working at Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill
Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill creates fun and exciting work environments for employees. Aside from live entertainment and sports broadcasts during shifts, Jack Astor’s associates enjoy company outings, such as group bowling, skiing, or barbeques. Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill promotes team unity and encourages lasting relationships between fellow employees and regular customers. Upon hire, workers receive paid training, competitive wages, and complimentary uniforms. Jack Astor’s also provides discounts on food and drink.
Insurance & Savings Packages
Employees working full-time or managerial positions often receive job benefits packages, as well. Typical work benefits requirements revolve around employment status, experience, and specific job title. Common employee benefits available to eligible workers include paid time off, healthcare coverage, and 401(k) retirement plans. Check with a local Jack Astor’s to receive additional work benefits information.
More About Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill
The popular chain features traditional sports bar atmospheres with large screen TVs, typical bar foods, wide beer and cocktail selections, and late hours. Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill provides the perfect settings for a few drinks with friends or a great spot to watch the game.
How Does Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill Work?
The fun and festive atmospheres of Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill locations primarily serve as ideal hangout spots for adults and sports lovers. The well-stocked bars of Jack Astor’s restaurants feature both top shelf liquors and reasonably priced beer selections. Customers may order food from the bar or sit at high-top tables and booths located throughout each restaurant. After hours lighting adds to the adult atmospheres of the restaurant chain. Menus largely consist of sandwiches, burgers, fries, appetizers, and steaks and salads. The wide varieties of food and drink retain customer bases and draw new patrons to locations on a regular basis.
Established in 1990, the first Jack Astor’s location opened in Southern Ontario in the City of St. Catharines. Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill operates as a concept restaurant created by parent company SIR Corp. Through sustained success, increased brand awareness, and franchising, Jack Astor’s grew into a network of roughly 35 restaurants by 2013. The company also opened the first international location in State of New York in 2013.
Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill offers an eclectic yet traditional menu of bar food and grilled entrees. Customers enjoy appetizers like southwest egg rolls, lobster and crab dip, nachos, and chicken wings. Lunch menus include salads, sandwiches, wraps, and burgers. Popular entrees also include burgers as well as steaks, homemade pizzas, pasta dishes, fish and chips, and stir-fries. Combo meals allow patrons to mix and match entrees and salad options at appealing prices. Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill offers full wine, beer, and liquor menus, as well.
A wholly owned subsidiary of SIR Corp., Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill operates alongside sister companies Canyon Creek, Alice Fazooli’s, REDS WINE TAVERN, Far Niente, and Loose Moose. Two seasonal restaurants, Duke’s Refresher and Abbey’s Bakehouse, also operate under the SIR Corp. banner. The company pulls in millions of dollars in sales per quarter. Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill and SIR Corp. share corporate offices located in Burlington, ON, Canada.
Minimum Age to Work at Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill: 16
Official Site: https://jackastors.com/