Online Job Application for IGA Jobs
Formally known as Independent Grocers Alliance, IGA maintains several independently owned locations throughout Canada. Located primarily in Quebec, Ontario, and British Columbia, IGA began expanding into Canada in 1955. Acquisitions by Sobeys Inc. and Loblaws Companies Limited led to the eventual nationwide expansion of the grocery store chain across the North American country.
IGA Job Opportunities
Full-time & Part-time
Like most other supermarket chains, IGA needs to hire workers to fill both entry-level jobs and professional careers. An online application form provides motivated individuals instant access to part-time and full-time jobs featuring outstanding pay, paid training programs, and opportunities for advancement.
How Old to Work?
Many provinces allow younger workers to gain employment through special work permits. Applicants as young as 12 may apply online for IGA Canada work. The average hiring age falls at 14-years old, in most cases.
Who Do They Hire?
IGA Canada seeks dedicated, customer-oriented applicants with sound interpersonal skills and strong work ethics. The average applicant interviews with team leaders, supervisors, and managers. The entire interview process takes roughly two or three weeks to complete. Apply online to find meaningful work in the grocery store industry and begin the IGA Canada hiring process today.
IGA Canada Job Titles and Salary Information
Find competitive wages with any of the following IGA Canada jobs:
Designated in front-end areas of IGA Canada stores, cashiers operate cash registers. Primary job duties include:
- Greeting patrons, handling money, completing transactions, discounting products, and answering questions about store policies and promotions.
- IGA Canada cashiers typically stand for long periods of time.
- Shifts often fall between four and seven hours and equal roughly 15 to 30 hours per week.
- The ability to comfortably use computer systems and operate POS machines greatly benefits potential associates.
- Pay scales begin around minimum wage for IGA Canada cashiers and increase up to $13.00 or $14.00 an hour.
IGA stores house various departments, including floral, meat, dairy, and produce, and the grocery store chain needs to hire motivated workers to fill part-time and full-time clerk positions. Specific job duties vary by department. Job duties include:
- Clerk jobs commonly involve manual labor and customer service.
- Shifts available fall between 15 and 40 hours per week.
- IGA clerk applicants must stand in good, physical shape in order to gain employment, in some cases.
- Other hiring requirements often vary. The average IGA Canada clerk earns between minimum wage and $15.00 an hour.
Opportunities for career-minded individuals consist of the department manager, front-end manager, and assistant store manager jobs. IGA often hires from within and promotes entry-level workers into front-end manager and department manager jobs. Responsibilities for IGA Canada managers range from:
- Hiring and training new employees, setting associate schedules, and supervising entry-level workers to processing payroll, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Workers must exude confident, driven, and ethical personalities in order to work as IGA managers.
- Assistant managers also carry out various administrative tasks, such as filing paperwork, answering telephones, and promoting sales.
- Store managers primarily carry out administrative work, as well.
- Department managers and front-end managers with IGA earn starting hourly pay rates between $13.00 and $14.00.
- Assistant store managers receive average salary options around $35,000 per year.
- Average annual salary falls around $45,000 for IGA store managers.
Benefits of Working at IGA Canada
The IGA webpage allows individuals to apply online directly. Upon hire, IGA supplies associates with complimentary uniforms and nametags. Part-time and full-time workers also receive generous discounts on groceries and general merchandise at IGA stores. IGA Canada provides qualified associates in full-time positions additional access to employment benefits. Complete an online application form to review full listings of IGA job benefits now.
Insurance & Savings Packages
IGA Canada offers sound work benefits packages to qualified employees. Due to a majority of IGA stores operating as independent grocers, employee benefits packages regularly vary by location. Eligible grocery store associates commonly enjoy paid time off, healthcare coverage, 401(k) retirement plans, and life insurance options. Some locations may offer tuition assistance and employee assistance programs. Apply online to locate meaningful employment with IGA Canada and receive immediate access to comprehensive job benefits today.
More About IGA
Although mostly independent retailers, IGA stores offer wide selections of fresh foods at reasonable prices. Typical products sold at IGA Canada stores include produce, meat, dairy, deli, bakery, seafood, and non-perishable food items. IGA Canada also regularly sells alcohol and miscellaneous household items. Community-oriented business models and convenient locations lend to the continued and long-standing success of the supermarket chain. Widespread expansion and affordable products also generate business for the grocery store company. IGA stores sit in nearly 30 countries worldwide.
The international grocery store chain began in the United States in 1926 when a large group of independent supermarkets organized into a single entity. The resulting company controlled nearly 150 locations by the end of the following year. By 1930, nearly 8,000 grocery stores operated as part of the IGA network. The company continued to grow and eventually expanded internationally. The first Canadian IGA opened in British Columbia in 1955. Grocery store retailer Sobey’s Inc. initially oversaw IGA locations in Canada until the eventual sale of the chain to Loblaws Companies Limited. IGA launched a new store concept, IGA Extra, during the 2000s.
Products and Services
IGA Canada offers products and services similar to other IGA stores around the world. Customers find affordable grocery items and miscellaneous household items, such as baked goods, dairy products, meats, and seafood, at IGA stores. Many IGA locations sell alcohol and tobacco, as well. Most stores sit in moderate-to-heavily populated areas and feature large, warehouse formats.
An independent, voluntary collective, IGA stands as one of the largest grocery store chains with thousands of locations around the world. The voluntary supermarket chain generates millions of dollars in annual revenues. Stores residing in Atlantic Canada fall under proprietorship of Loblaw Companies Limited, which pulls in close to $30 billion annually. Regional corporate offices for IGA Canada sit in Edmonton, AB, Canada. IGA world headquarters reside in O’Hare, IL, USA.
Official Site: emplois.iga.net/jobs