Online Job Application for Holiday Inn Jobs
Operating as an upscale, mid-price hotel chain, Holiday Inn services over 100 million guests each year in more than 3,400 locations. Holiday Inn Canada maintains properties across the country with convenient locations near, in, and around metropolitan areas, ski lodges, and tourist spots. The hotel chain offers many concierge services to guests, such as valet, room service, housekeeping, in-house restaurants and bars, and laundry services. Amenities from Holiday Inn include meeting rooms, fitness centers, swimming pools, and free high-speed internet access.
Holiday Inn caters to many guests with exceptional customer service. Each Holiday Inn location in Canada features white linens, clean rooms, and soft or firm pillows. Room showers feature strong, steady water pressure and provide curved curtains for 25% more space. The hotel chain provides genuine guest services to accommodate guest needs, such as directions to nearby attractions or advice on local restaurants.
Applicants seeking work in the Canadian hotel industry should consider Holiday Inn jobs. The international hotel chain needs to hire individuals willing to learn, work, and grow with the company to maintain exceptional customer service. Suitable Holiday Inn jobs for part-time workers, high school and college students, and retirees include full-time and part-time opportunities as entry-level hotel employees. Qualified candidates may consider managerial roles or corporate careers with Holiday Inn.
Holiday Inn Job Opportunities and Salary Info
Holiday Inn Canada consistently hires entry-level workers to maintain high levels of customer service. Prospects must adhere to the minimum hiring age of 14; however, most Holiday Inn locations prefer to hire applicants 16 and older. New hotel associates encounter rewarding, friendly work environments, paid training programs, and competitive pay scales. Applicants must create an online profile through parent company InterContinental Hotels Group, or IHG, to submit an application form for Holiday Inn employment opportunities. Holiday Inn Canada needs to hire for the following positions:
Front Desk Agent
- A common job title for hire, a Holiday Inn front desk agent meets and greets guests, reserves rooms, and answers questions about hotel amenities and services.
- The hotel chain offers both day and night shifts for front desk agent jobs.
- Strong verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and sound clerical skills often prove necessary during Holiday Inn interviews.
- Average wages for front desk agents with Holiday Inn fall between $12.00 and $14.00.
- Many Canadian Holiday Inn hotels feature in-house restaurants.
- Applicants with culinary experience may apply for work as cooks.
- Primary responsibilities include practicing quality and safety standards regarding the handling, cooking, and storage of food.
- Additional duties consist of working in a team environment and keeping kitchen equipment maintained.
- Starting cook pay with Holiday Inn rests around $27,000 per year; however, experience may increase yearly salary packages up to $34,000.
- Well-qualified applicants should apply online for managerial careers with Holiday Inn Canada.
- The hotel chain screens for motivated, dependable, and driven individuals to work as managers and supervisors.
- Key responsibilities include hiring and training new employees, setting associate schedules, overseeing entry-level workers, ensuring guest satisfaction, and communicating with corporate offices.
- Holiday Inn Canada managers generally receive annual salary options, with pay rates ranging from $30,000 to $45,000 a year.
- Hotel managers with Holiday Inn in Canada may reach salary rates in excess of $60,000 per year.
Benefits of Working at Holiday Inn Canada
Employees of Holiday Inn Canada receive several employment benefits and healthcare options through parent company InterContinental Hotels Group. Upon hire, Holiday Inn associates receive work benefits, like competitive pay rates, flexible work arrangements, and complimentary uniforms. Eligible hotel workers gain access to medical, dental, life, disability insurance, and health and wellness programs. Holiday Inn employees also receive discounts and special offers, such as discounted hotel room rates around the world and discounts on travel rates.
Caring for team members, IHG provides 401(k) retirement plans and profit sharing plans. Holiday Inn understands the balance between home and work and offers paid-time off for workers, which include personal days and vacation time. Many employees receive paid training, continued education, and educational assistance to advance career opportunities. Apply online today with Holiday Inn Canada to learn about company healthcare options and job benefits.
The first Holiday Inn location opened in 1952 in Memphis, TN, as Holiday Inn Hotel Courts. Founder Kemmons Wilson partnered with Wallace Johnson to build additional hotels on the roads entering Memphis. The hotel chain flourished throughout the 1960s and 1970s. In 1988, UK-based Bass PLC purchased a majority of the hotel chain and the remainder in 1990. In 2000, Bass sold off assets and the naming rights of Bass and changed names to Six Continents PLC. In 2003, Six Continents created IHG to focus on the soft drinks and hotels division, which includes the Holiday Inn brand.
The Holiday Inn website allows guests to make reservations online and receive special promotions through email. Parent company IHG offers loyal guests the Priority Club Rewards Hotel Loyalty Program, which allows guests to accumulate points for free hotel stays and merchandise, redeem points for airline tickets, and use points and cash to redeem rewards sooner. Guests earn points with every stay in IHG hotels online with over 600 retailers, such as Apple, Target, and Lowe’s, and at selected grocery, gas, and dining facilities.
Holiday Inn Canada stands as a subsidiary to InterContinental Hotels Group. IHG operates as a public company, which trades on London Stock Exchange and NYSE under the ticker symbol, IHG. The company stands as the largest in the world measured by rooms with 646,000 rooms as of January 2010. With approximately 3,900 hotels, IHG generates more than $1.7 billion in revenues. Headquarters rest in Denham, Buckinghamshire, UK.
Minimum age to work at Holiday Inn: 16
Official Site: www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?pageid=430