Online Job Application for FreshCo Jobs
FreshCo stores entertain thousands of weekly customers and need motivated associates in order to maintain operations. Large workforces require regular hiring of part-time and full-time employment seekers.
FreshCo Job Opportunities
Jobs available offer supportive and rewarding work environments, good pay, and paid training opportunities. FreshCo uses the interview process to screen for applicants with experience in the grocery store industry.
How Old to Work?
Like most grocery stores in Canada, the minimum hiring age for FreshCo jobs falls at 14. Applicants as young as 12 may also find work with the supermarket chain with special permits. Apply online with FreshCo to learn more about available jobs today.
Flexible Work Opportunities
FreshCo hires part-time and full-time job seekers to fill entry-level employment opportunities and professional careers. Part-time workers enjoy flexible work schedules and avenues for advancement. Some positions, such as entry-level cashier and clerk jobs, require little-to-no work experience for employment consideration.
FreshCo Positions and Salary Information
Jobs for hire regularly with FreshCo include:
FreshCo cashier positions entail a great deal of customer service. Primary job duties include:
- Greeting customers, handling transactions, and answering questions about FreshCo products, services, and policies.
- Cashier employees must possess friendly, personable, and helpful personalities in order to gain employment.
- Jobs often require standing on foot for long periods of time.
- Applicants work an average of 15 to 20 hours per week or other part-time schedules.
- FreshCo base pay for cashier associates falls around minimum wage.
- Individuals may earn more with experience and strong work performance.
Read more about FreshCo Cashier jobs.
Clerks work in various departments of FreshCo stores ensuring customer satisfaction. Responsibilities may also include:
- Stocking product, creating displays, and carrying out other tasks as assigned by store management.
- Grocery clerks and other store associates with FreshCo often start out making around minimum wage but may receive up to $12.00 or more hourly with experience.
Read more about FreshCo Store Clerk jobs.
The position of receiver often falls under the job title of stocker at similar grocery store chains.
- FreshCo hires applicants in good health with the ability to comfortably lift and move heavy objects for receiver jobs.
- Workers unload and load delivery trucks, break down boxes and unpackage goods, stock shelves, and build product displays.
- The position may also involve some minor maintenance.
- Pay scales begin around minimum wage for FreshCo receivers.
- Experience may lead to hourly pay rates between $14.00 and $15.00.
FreshCo offers career-minded applicants ample opportunities for employment in various capacities. Job seekers interested in working as managers should apply online with FreshCo for supervisor, department manager, and store manager positions. Supervisors lead teams of entry-level associates. Primary job duties include:
- Scheduling workers, training employees, and delegating daily tasks.
- Department managers oversee department operations.
- Responsibilities may include processing payroll, hiring and training new workers, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- FreshCo store managers regulate total store operations and communicate directly with company corporate offices.
- Average pay for FreshCo supervisors falls around $13.00 per hour.
- Department managers receive annual salary options around $40,000 to $45,000.
- Store managers may make in excess of $65,000 in annual salary at FreshCo locations.
Read more about FreshCo Manager jobs.
Benefits of Working at FreshCo
FreshCo employees may qualify for Sobeys Inc. work benefits packages. Entry-level associates, both part-time and full-time, as well as experienced professionals enjoy flexible work schedules, paid training opportunities, and competitive pay scales. Qualified FreshCo employees also enjoy paid time off, healthcare coverage, and future planning assistance. Complete an online application form for more details on available FreshCo job benefits.
Insurance & Savings Packages
Sobeys Inc. employment benefits range from work/life balance programs to discounts and monetary incentives. Eligible FreshCo associates enjoy medical and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) retirement plans, life insurance options, employee assistance programs, and educational assistance. Paid time off available to FreshCo workers stands readily available to both part-time and full-time associates, as well. Begin the hiring process for FreshCo jobs and find meaningful employment in the grocery store industry now.
More About FreshCo
Owned and operated by grocery store retailer Sobeys Inc., FreshCo stands as a popular supermarket chain in Canada. A relatively young retail chain, FreshCo began in 2010. After renovating several Price Chopper stores, Sobeys rebranded most locations as FreshCo. The FreshCo concept sought to compete directly with No Frills stores operated by Loblaw Companies Limited. Around 75 FreshCo stores operate throughout the Province of Ontario. FreshCo also maintains a single location in Manitoba.
How Does FreshCo Work?
As a direct competitor in the No Frills grocery store industry, FreshCo stores offer quality products at discount prices. Customers may find name-brand and off-brand products at significantly reduced prices and other typical services provided by Canadian supermarkets. Products sold in FreshCo stores include organic fruits and vegetables, choice meats and deli items, seafood, baked goods, and dairy products. Most stores partner with local farmers and growers to support local communities. The community-driven mentality of FreshCo, along with reduced prices and convenient locations, help generate millions of regular and returning customers annually.
In order to compete with Loblaw Companies, Sobeys Inc. created the FreshCo brand of grocery stores. The first locations opened as rebranded Price Chopper stores in 2010. The FreshCo concept caught on quickly, and by February 2013 more than 75 locations operated throughout Ontario. FreshCo plans to continue expanding throughout Canada. The company manages a single location in Manitoba as of 2013.
Products and Services
FreshCo products primarily consist of organic and locally grown produce, meats, and dairy items. Store locations also sell prepackaged and frozen foods. FreshCo locations incorporate big-box store formats and no-frills business concepts. The grocery store chain focuses primarily on food sales and limits sales of general merchandise. Customers may purchase seafood and baked goods at FreshCo store locations, as well.
The FreshCo supermarket chain operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Sobeys Inc. Roughly 1,300 grocery stores operate under Sobeys Inc. control. Publicly traded Empire Company Limited owns and operates Sobeys and lists on the Toronto Stock Exchange as EMP.A. FreshCo generates millions of dollars in annual revenues and employs thousands of workers. Corporate offices for FreshCo sit in Brampton, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at FreshCo: 14
Official Site: www.sobeyscareers.com/