Online Job Application for Four Points by Sheraton Jobs
Owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Four Points by Sheraton operates as a mid-level hotel chain with locations in over 30 countries. In Canada, Four Points owns and operates almost 30 hotels in provinces like Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, and Saskatchewan. Founded in 1995, Four Points currently stands as the third largest hotel brand owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts. Altogether, Four Points by Sheraton continues to expand in markets like Canada.
Four Points by Sheraton Hotels mainly cater to business travelers. The chain still offers a four star hotel experience at competitive markets prices. Four Points rooms feature comfortable beds, quality linens and bed spreads, free internet access, cable television, and a relaxed and contemporary style. Like many other business hotels, Four Points by Sheraton carries a full breakfast bar among many priority amenities.
Job seekers in the Canadian hotel industry should consider looking for employment with Four Points by Sheraton. Four Points hires for plenty of entry-level work and more advanced career opportunities. While each Four Points job comes with a unique set of duties, every candidate must display exceptional customer service skills. Parent company Starwood Hotels & Resorts usually oversees hiring materials and applications for Four Points by Sheraton.
Available Four Points by Sheraton Positions and Salary Information
Four Points by Sheraton offers an online job application to find work with the international hotel chain. Prospective hires must create an online profile with Four Points by Sheraton prior to applying for work electronically. After registering with Four Points Canada, individuals must provide contact information, work history, education, and character references. Depending on the information provided, Four Points applicants may qualify for hotel jobs, like:
- Housekeepers keep Four Points hotels clean and presentable at all times.
- Housekeepers use a variety of cleaning supplies, such as vacuum cleaners, glass cleaners, mops, and air fresheners.
- Housekeepers also take out the trash and replace blankets and bed sheets with new ones.
- Successful housekeeping associates with Four Points must feel comfortable with routine for hiring consideration.
- Pay rates for housekeepers usually rest around $10.00 to $14.00 an hour.
- Servers with Four Points by Sheraton Canada mainly work in the restaurant of the hotel.
- Just like regular restaurants, Four Points servers take customer orders, refill drinks, bring out the food, and finally cash out checks.
- Servers may work shifts for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, depending on availability and needs of the hotel.
- Servers with Four Points by Sheraton receive considerable wages, usually around $6.00 to $8.00 per hour, not including gratuities for great service.
- Above everything else, servers must display exceptional customer service and social skills in order to satisfy hotel guests and receive cash tips.
- The first team members visitors come across when entering a Four Points by Sheraton hotel, customer attendants take responsibility for visitor satisfaction.
- Usually working at the front desk, customer attendants check in customers, set up amenities, and check out visitors.
- Four Points front desk agents also coordinate with room service and other hotel employees to further ensure an enjoyable stay.
- A job as a customer attendant may provide a great opportunity for associates to move into management and higher positions with the company.
- Pay scales for customer attendants with Four Points by Sheraton often range from $12.00 to $16.00 an hour.
- Bartenders with Four Points by Sheraton serve a variety of beer, wine, cocktails, and mixed drinks.
- Like other bar workers, Four Points bartenders must treat each customer with respect.
- Four Points employs a plan called the Best Brews Program, where hotels serve local craft beer.
- Depending on the community, bartenders may work a variety of hours.
- Bartenders usually earn around $7.00 to $9.00 per hour from the hotel chain in regular wages.
- Like servers, bartenders with Four Points by Sheraton may accept tips for good service.
Benefits of Working at Four Points by Sheraton
Team members with Four Points by Sheraton enjoy more than just a diverse work environment. Eligible hotel employees may enjoy competitive job benefits sponsored by parent company Starwood Hotels & Resorts. Four Points associates may take advantage of benefits both big and small, such as financial and medical coverage. Potential hires usually find out more about employee benefits with Four Points during the application and interview process.
As a member of the hospitality industry, Four Points by Sheraton offers significant discounts on lodging, hotel visits, and destinations throughout Canada. Associates may use the discounts on friends and family members, as well. For the career-focused individual, Four Points administers several training and development programs for growth with the company. Finally, some of the most important employment benefits to available employees include financial and medical coverage. The hospitality company offers health, vision, and dental insurance, with optional prescription drug and accidental injury coverage. Financial perks from Four Points include paid vacation, credit services, savings accounts, and 401(k) retirement plans.
Sheraton Hotels and Resorts introduced the Four Points brand of hotels in April 1995. The chain started as a mid-scale option, mainly for business travelers. In 1998, hospitality giant Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide purchased Sheraton, and in effect, Four Points. With support from Starwood, Four Points entered the Canadian market in the early 2000s. Today, Canada holds over 30 Four Points by Sheraton locations in urban communities, suburban neighborhoods, and near major airports.
Four Points by Sheraton offers a surprising amount of amenities at a reasonable price. Keeping with their business traveler roots, Four Points hotels feature spacious rooms with comfortable beds and free Wi-Fi internet access. Many hotels also feature a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu. The Best Brews Program stands as one of the more unusual programs from Four Points by Sheraton, where locations serve local craft beer in hotels. As always, Four Points offers loyalty programs and rewards for frequent guests.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide currently own and manage the Four Points by Sheraton chain. Based out of Stamford, CT, Starwood maintains more than 1,000 hotels and resorts across the globe. In addition to Four Points, Starwood also owns recognizable such brands as Westin, Le Meridien, Aloft, and Sheraton Hotels and Resorts. Company properties create over $5.5 billion in annual revenue. Starwood Hotels and Resorts employs more than 150,000 workers around the world. On the New York Stock Exchange, Starwood Hotels trades under HOT.
Minimum age to work at Four Points by Sheraton: 16
Official Site: www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/careers/index.html