Online Job Application for Fortinos Jobs
The grocery store industry provides part-time job seekers awesome opportunities for work. Full-time employment hunters may also find meaningful jobs with supermarkets like Fortinos.
Fortinos Job Opportunities
Hiring on a regular basis, Fortinos needs motivated and team-oriented workers with strong family values to fill entry-level jobs and professional careers. Work available features flexible scheduling, paid training, and competitive base pay. Seasoned professionals may access lucrative salary packages and comprehensive employee benefits. Learn more about Fortinos job opportunities and apply online today.
The grocery store often hires workers with or without previous experience. Applicants in search of grocery store jobs with Fortinos must meet the minimum hiring age of 16 for employment consideration.
Fortinos Jobs and Salary Information
Fortinos needs to hire for the following supermarket positions:
Job duties for Fortinos cashier associates include:
- Greeting customers, ringing up purchases, bagging groceries, and answering questions about products, services, and policies.
- The average cashier works part-time or around 15 to 20 hours per week.
- Fortinos cashiers work on foot and deal directly with customers.
- Applicants must exude friendly, personable, and helpful personalities to gain employment.
- Pay scales for Fortinos cashier associates begin around minimum wage and may lead to hourly rates between $11.00 and $12.00.
Applicants with irregular schedules may take interest in night shift jobs with Fortinos. Primary responsibilities for night shift workers generally include:
- Building maintenance, stocking, and sanitation. Fortinos night shift positions involve manual labor.
- Prospective employees must stand in good health at time of employment to work as part of night shift crews.
- The position often starts associates out at $25,000 a year.
- Salary options may increase with experience and time spent with Fortinos.
Fortinos clerks carry out various departmental job duties, such as:
- Cutting meat, arranging flowers, building displays, and organizing products.
- Depending on the position desired, clerks may perform large amounts of manual labor.
- Customer service also plays important roles in typical work days for Fortinos clerks.
- The entry-level job title offers minimum wage starting pay. Experienced associates may earn more with proven work ethic and performance.
The widest selection of job opportunities for career seekers exist in Fortinos managerial positions. Available to experienced workers over the age of 18, Fortinos regularly hires individuals with strong leadership, motivational, and organizational skills to work as supervisors and store managers. Managerial responsibilities range from:
- Hiring and training new employees and setting associate schedules to processing payroll, delegating work, enforcing protocol, and supervising entry-level workers.
- Fortinos supervisors and managers also carry out administrative tasks with regularity.
- Supervisors, or team leaders, often earn $30,000 to $32,000 per year to start.
- Salary rates for assistant managers and store managers with Fortinos begin around $40,000 a year.
- Annual salary may exceed $55,000 for experienced supermarket store managers.
Benefits of Working at Fortinos
Fortinos rewards employees for solid work performance and offers a wide range of job benefits. Part-time and full-time associates receive extensive options for healthcare, financial planning, and continued education. Fortinos jobs include access to parent company Loblaw training programs and career development opportunities. Workers also receive generous discounts upon hire. Complete an online application form with Fortinos for more details on available employment benefits.
Insurance & Savings Packages
In addition to flexible schedules, associate discounts, and competitive pay scales, Fortinos provides employee benefits packages through Loblaw Companies Limited. The most common perks offered through Loblaw work benefits packages include employee ownership plans, 401(k) retirement plans, medical and dental insurance options, and paid time off. Eligibility for benefits typically stands reserved for full-time employees. Access additional employment benefits information and apply online for Fortinos jobs today.
More about Fortinos
Grocery store chain Fortinos offers customers a variety of fresh produce, quality meats and seafood, and non-perishable food items at affordable prices. Fortinos emphasis of family values in business practices translated into success and large customer bases across Ontario. The supermarket chain emphasizes customer service and treats customers like employees, and employees like family. Low prices and longstanding tradition of excellent customer service draw customers and help retain business at Fortinos locations across the province.
How Does Fortinos Work?
Fortinos operates as a Canadian grocery store chain with locations primarily throughout the Province of Ontario. Company founder John Fortino began the supermarket chain in partnership with several other Canadian businessmen. Later success led to the expansion of the brand during the 1980s. As of February 2013, Fortinos operated over 20 locations and employed thousands of associates.
Canadian grocery store Fortinos began in 1961. Founded by an Italian immigrant, the small supermarket grew to include more than 20 locations by 2007. In 1988, Fortinos underwent a change in ownership and sold control of the company to leading grocery store retailer Loblaw Companies Limited. Backed by Loblaw, the small chain of grocery stores expanded throughout the Province of Ontario. During the 1990s, the company unveiled the Adventure concept, which includes locations themed like European street markets.
Products and Services
The regional grocery store chain operates throughout Ontario and provides typical supermarket products at affordable prices. Fortinos maintains stores as standalone locations often part of larger shopping centers. Products available range from deli meats and seafood to dairy, bakery, and frozen food items. Fortinos also sells tobacco products and alcohol at store locations.
A subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Ltd., Fortinos helps generate over $30 billion in annual revenues. Loblaw operates as a public company and trades on the TSX under the stock symbol L. Fortinos pulls in millions of dollars in sales annually. Company headquarters sit in Brampton, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Fortinos: 16
Official Site: www.fortinos.ca/LCLOnline/workWithUs.jsp