Online Job Application for Foodland Jobs
A major employer in four Canadian provinces, Foodland must hire part-time and full-time job seekers in order to maintain operations. Applicants generally encounter 1:1 interviews during the hiring process. Multiple interviews may prove necessary, depending on the position desired. The most common grocery store jobs for hire with Foodland Canada include entry-level cashier, clerk, and stock positions. Open availability and reliable means of transportation typically benefit prospective associates during Foodland job interviews. Fill out an online application form to receive immediate employment consideration from Foodland.
Foodland Positions and Salary Information
Minimum age requirements for Foodland jobs include workers 14 and older. Some Canadian provinces allow individuals as young as 12 to work in various capacities with special permits. Foodland Canada uses the interview process to screen for the most eligible candidates. Employment opportunities offer competitive base pay, paid training programs, and feature supportive work environments. Foodland needs to hire for the following jobs:
- Foodland cashier jobs provide ideal opportunities for inexperienced job seekers to find work in the grocery store industry.
- The supermarket regularly hires personable and friendly individuals to work as cashiers.
- Job duties include greeting customers, bagging groceries, operating cash registers, and answering questions about products, services, and policies.
- Foodland cashiers generally work part-time.
- Pay scales begin around minimum wage and increase with experience.
- Primary job duties for clerk associates with Foodland vary by department.
- Basic responsibilities may include operating machinery, cleaning and maintaining work areas, stocking shelves, assisting customers, and unloading shipments from delivery trucks.
- Foodland clerk jobs often feature long or irregular hours.
- Applicants comfortable with performing regular manual labor often receive hiring consideration over other candidates.
- Foodland starts most clerks out at minimum wage.
- Increases in pay based on merit and performance may lead to hourly wages around $12.00 or $13.00.
- Employment opportunities available at Foodland stores also include careers in management.
- Hiring takes places on a regular basis for lower-level managerial roles, such as department managers and supervisors.
- Managerial responsibilities for Foodland department managers and supervisors range from scheduling associates and supervising entry-level workers to training new-hire employees and assisting in sales.
- Career-minded applicants over the age of 18 may also apply online for work as store managers.
- Typical responsibilities for Foodland store managers include hiring new workers, processing payroll, placing product orders, and communicating with company corporate offices.
- Supervisors and department managers with the grocery chain earn between $11.00 an hour and $35,000 per year, on average.
- Store managers may earn as much as $50,000 in annual salary working for Foodland.
Benefits of Working at Foodland
Foodland stores provide sound and supportive work environments that promote personal and professional growth. Upon hire, supermarket employees gain access to excellent wages, avenues for pay increases, paid training programs, and discounts on products and services. Foodland also offers comprehensive work benefits packages through parent company Sobeys.
Job benefits packages available to qualified Foodland associates largely consist of pension plans, insurance options, and health and wellness programs. Eligible workers enjoy 401(k) retirement plans, employee purchase programs, education assistance, paid vacation, employee assistance programs, flexible spending accounts, medical and dental plans, and life insurance options. Apply online for further details on Foodland employment benefits packages and find meaningful work with a major grocery store chain now.
More about Foodland
Foodland operates as a prominent grocery store chain in Eastern Canada. Consisting of more than 150 stores, Foodland markets as a community supermarket. Locations primarily sit in rural towns and offer small communities the ability to purchase high-quality, low-price foods and necessities. The supermarket chain maintains operations in New Brunswick, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Nova Scotia. Over 1,000 entry-level associates and experienced professionals comprise the Foodland workforce.
The rural appeal of Foodland stores serve as the main draw for the grocery store chain. Foodland offers quality produce and food items at low prices. The grocery store chain boasts the same modern amenities and services as other supermarkets, such as dairy, deli, meat, seafood, produce, general grocery, alcohol, and baked goods sales. Foodland also regularly sells lawn and gardening tools and supplies.
The first Foodland location opened in 1985. Over the years, Foodland expanded from a single storefront to include more than 150 stores in four Canadian provinces by February 2013. The company plans to continue nationwide expansion in the near future.
The regional grocery store chain caters primarily to Atlantic Canadian customers in rural communities and small towns. Stores range in size from just over 4,000 square feet to more than 25,000 square feet. In addition to typical grocery items, Foodland sells lawn and garden supplies. Foodland supports various environmental initiates and oversees the Green Bag for Life program, which includes the sale of reusable grocery bags made from recyclable materials.
Foodland operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of food retailer Sobeys. Along with sister companies Big 8 Beverages and Sobeys Supermarkets, Foodland helps generate more than $14 billion in annual revenues. Both Sobeys and Foodland fall under corporate ownership of Empire Company Limited, which trades on the TSX as EMP.A and pulls in roughly $12 billion in annual revenues. Foodland corporate offices sit in Stellarton, NS, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Foodland: 14
Official Site: www.foodlandcareers.ca/