Online Job Application for Fairmont Hotels Jobs
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts began in 1907 and operates as a chain of luxury hotels. The hotel company maintains international operations in roughly 20 countries worldwide. Based out of Canada, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts manages approximately 20 locations in five Canadian provinces, including Ontario, British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, and Quebec. The first Fairmont hotel opened in San Francisco, CA. Worldwide, the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts umbrella includes more than 60 luxury hotels in major cities and points of interest. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts stands as one of the Top 100 employers in Canada. Almost 10,000 full-time and part-time employees work for the Canadian division of the hotel chain and roughly 25,000 work for Fairmont internationally.
Popular destinations and lavish accommodations serve as the standout reasons Fairmont Hotels & Resorts enjoys worldwide success. The hotel chain provides guests with world-class rooms and amenities at reasonable prices. Many Fairmont hotels house spas, restaurants, parlors, lounges, and bars. Fairmont designs rooms to provide guests with ornate and comfortable surroundings as well as scenic views and access to exceptional customer service.
Job seekers looking for work in the hotel industry may find career opportunities with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Available employment opportunities include both part-time and full-time jobs. Par-time applicants should apply for work as housepersons, labourers, room attendants, or laundry attendants. Full-time opportunities in management offer stricter schedules and annual salary options. Fairmont generally hires applicants with willingness to learn. The ability to succeed in a fast-paced, customer-oriented atmosphere also benefits prospective employees. Apply online for Fairmont Hotels and Resorts jobs to begin the hiring process with the hospitality chain now.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Jobs and Salary Information
Although minimum hiring ages typically begin at 14 in most Canadian provinces, Fairmont generally requires applicants to stand at least 16 for employment consideration. Some positions may remain reserved for workers 18 and over. The most common employment opportunities available include part-time entry-level jobs. Fairmont also offers a wide range of careers as managers and in corporate capacities. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts needs to hire for the following jobs:
- Sometimes referred to as maintenance crew, labourers repair and maintain building facilities and equipment.
- Fairmont generally hires workers with the ability to comfortably perform manual labor for extended periods of time with sound technical and mechanical skills.
- Applicants may need to pass skills tests in order to work as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts labourers.
- Average pay starts out around $13.00 per hour.
- Experienced labourers may earn as much as $16.00 or $17.00.
- Fairmont Resorts and Hotels take pride in providing excellent customer service and hire large workforces of porters to assist guests.
- Typical job duties include carrying luggage to rooms, securing transportation for guests, and answering questions about accommodations, nearby points of interest, and hotel services.
- Cheerful, energetic, and motivated personalities often prove beneficial during the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts hiring process.
- Most porters work part-time. The position may include long hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Porters usually begin earning minimum wage to start.
- Solid work performance may lead to promotion or increases in hourly pay up to $15.00. Fairmont porters may also receive tips.
- One of the most common positions for hire, laundry attendant jobs at Fairmont hotels involve cleaning, washing, drying, and folding hotel laundry.
- Many laundry attendants work full-time, although most work part-time schedules consisting of 15 to 30 hours a week.
- Laundry attendant associates may need to work nights and weekends upon hire.
- Schedule availability opens up with experience gained and time spent with the company.
- The average Fairmont Hotels & Resorts laundry attendant associate earns starting pay near minimum wage.
- Average pay for experience employees falls around $13.00 per hour.
- Applicants over the age of 18 should take advantage of career opportunities in management at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts locations.
- Jobs available include opportunities in Fairmont kitchens, spas, fitness centers, and front desks.
- Maintenance, laundry, housekeeping, concierge, and hotel operations also need dedicated workers to maintain operations and supervise entry-level associates.
- Additional job duties for Fairmont hotel managers include delegating daily assignments, hiring and training new workers, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Entry-level managerial roles pay between $13.00 and $14.00 an hour.
- Maintenance managers with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts typically earn over $50,000 annually.
- Hotel managers often earn anywhere between $65,000 and $90,000 in yearly salary.
Benefits of Working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts prides the company on promotion from within. New workers and tenured associates find comprehensive training and continued educations programs readily available upon hire. Global Learning Center, an online teaching community operated by Fairmont Hotels, prepares employees for careers in the hotel industry and promotes personal growth, as well. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts also offers internship opportunities and the ability for workers to easily relocate to new and exotic or preferred locations.
The international hotel chain also offers Canadian employees comprehensive work benefits packages. Qualified Fairmont hotel associates enjoy medical, dental, and life insurance options, 401(k) retirement plans, and employee assistance programs. Eligible associates also receive paid time off and bonus incentives. Applicants must generally work a minimum of 28 hours per week in order to qualify for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts job benefits. Apply online with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts to gain access to comprehensive employment benefits packages and secure a meaningful hotel industry job now.
Shortly following the Great San Francisco Earthquake of the early 20th century, the original Fairmont location reopened to the public. Architect Julia Morgan oversaw renovations to the original hotel structure. The hotel changed ownership from Tessie and Virginia Fair to Benjamin Swig in 1945. Over the next several decades, Fairmont expanded throughout the United States and into Canada and European countries. Hotel proprietor Canadian Pacific Hotels & Resorts purchased the luxury chain in 1999. The company changed hands to Kingdom Hotels International in 2006, and later to Fairmont Raffles Hotels International through a merger in 2007.
Lavish accommodations and exciting amenities provide guests with means of entertainment and relaxation at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Many Fairmont hotels sit adjacent to golf courses, beaches, rivers, and nationally protected wildlife preserves. Guests may partake in exercise, leisure, or sporting activities. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts also provides breakfast and dining services, room services, high-speed internet access, conference rooms, business centers, fitness centers, pools, and spas.
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Fairmont Raffles Hotels International. A private company, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, or FRHI, controls nearly 100 hotels worldwide. Voyage Partners, Kingdom Hotels, and Colony Capital LLC serve as parent companies to FRHI. Collectively the outfit pulls in billions of dollars in annual revenues. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts company headquarters reside in Toronto, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts: 16
Official Site: www.fairmontcareers.com/