Online Job Application for Extra Foods Jobs
Canadian supermarket chain Extra Foods operates around 100 stores nationwide. Also stylized in lower-case lettering, the grocery store company maintains a heavy presence in Western Canada. The Extra Foods store concept includes fresh, quality products sold at discount prices. The supermarket chain employs thousands of associates throughout Canada and operates as a subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited, which manages over 20 grocery store brands nationwide.
Extra Foods operates much like other hybrid grocery stores. Primary services include food sales, beer and liquor sales, in-store pharmacies, and photo labs. The retailer also sells clothing, health and beauty products, and various household items. Convenient locations serve as one of the main draws to Extra Foods stores. The supermarket also boasts discount prices and wide selections of merchandise. Many locations also house banks or ATM machines. Customers enjoy late hours and easily accessible products and locations. A majority of Extra Foods locations sit just off busy interstates or as part of suburban or urban communities. The company website also offers weekly newsletters with deals and promotions and customers may join the Insider’s Club, which provides additional savings on products and services.
Cashier and clerk serve as the two most common positions for hire at Extra Foods stores. The grocery store chain conducts hiring and screens for motivated applicants with excellent customer service skills and the ability to work as part of a team in fast-paced job settings. Open availability also greatly benefits prospective employees. Applicants generally participate in multiple rounds of job interviews during the Extra Foods hiring process. Complete an online application to learn more about Extra Foods jobs and begin the interview process now.
Extra Foods Positions and Salary Information
The grocery store chain must hire large workforces at each Extra Foods location in order to maintain operations. Offering a diverse selection of employment, Extra Foods consistently hires part-time and full-time job seekers. Work available ranges from labor-intensive to customer-oriented. Popular positions include:
- Applicants in search of meaningful part-time employment in the grocery store industry should consider Extra Foods cashier jobs.
- Work generally consists of three to four 5-hour shifts per week or roughly 15 to 20 hours.
- Full-time cashier jobs also exist at Extra Foods stores.
- Primary responsibilities include scanning items, operating cash registers, greeting customers, and handling transactions.
- Extra Foods cashiers also serve as baggers.
- Pay scales begin around minimum wage.
- Experienced cashiers may receive $14.00 to $15.00 an hour or promotion into managerial careers.
- The position of clerk spans several departments, including deli, seafood, grocery, bakery, produce, meat, and receiving.
- Extra Foods clerks also work in beauty, housewares, leisure, apparel, and home and garden.
- Job duties vary by department but typically include general maintenance, sales, and stocking.
- The average Extra Foods clerk works part-time.
- Pay rates begin at minimum wage and range up to $14.00 or $15.00 per hour.
- Extra Foods stores often include pharmacies, which need motivated and certified professionals to fill prescriptions and offer customer service.
- Additional job duties of Extra Foods pharmacy workers include providing allergen and drug reaction information and completing transactions.
- Specific job titles available include pharmacy technician and pharmacist.
- Extra Foods pharmacy technicians typically need at least a college degree and some industry experience for employment consideration.
- Pharmacists often need advanced degrees and extensive work-related experience.
- Extra Foods technicians earn roughly $35,000 a year, on average.
- Annual salary options for certified pharmacists often exceed $100,000.
- Supervisory roles and managerial positions represent ideal avenues for careers seekers to find meaningful employment with Extra Foods stores.
- The Canadian supermarket chain screens for strong organizational, leadership, and motivational qualities in managerial candidates.
- Applicants must stand at least 18-years old and hold high school diplomas for employment consideration.
- Expectations of Extra Foods managers include hiring and training employees, enforcing company procedure and protocol, driving sales, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Career-minded individuals may find work as department managers, assistant managers, or senior managers.
- Pay scales range from $15.00 or $16.00 per hour for Extra Foods department managers up to more than $115,000 in annual salary for experienced senior managers.
Benefits of Working at Extra Foods
Extra Foods serves as a prominent grocery store chain and offers employees comprehensive work benefits as compensation for services in addition to base pay. Ideal working conditions featuring paid training, career development programs, and generous discounts create supportive atmospheres and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Parent company Loblaw Companies Limited also provides eligible associates employment benefits packages.
Generally reserved for full-time associates, Extra Foods employee benefits packages consists of health and wellness plans and programs, financial planning assistance, and time off. Qualified workers enjoy 401(k) retirement plans, tuition assistance and ongoing education, medical and dental coverage, life insurance policies, and paid vacation. Contact a local Extra Foods for a full list of job benefits and eligibility requirements now. Apply online with Extra Foods to receive more information on available employment benefits.
Founded in Western Canada in 1982, Extra Foods originally consisted of a single location in British Columbia. Extra Foods expanded throughout the late 1980s and early 1990s as brand popularity increased. Grocery store retailer Loblaw Companies eventually purchased Extra Foods and took over as sole proprietor. Extra Foods celebrated a 100th location in 2005. As of February 2013, more than 105 Extra Foods supermarkets operate in seven Canadian provinces.
Extra Foods sells a variety of deli, meat, produce, non-perishable, seafood, pre-packaged, dairy, and bakery items out of convenient locations. In addition to grocery store services, most Extra Foods stores operate as hypermarkets and sell several other types of merchandise, including clothing, electronics, and miscellaneous household goods. Extra Foods stores also regularly feature pharmacies, photo labs, and in-house banks or ATMs.
A division of Loblaw Companies Ltd., Extra Foods joins over 20 other brands of grocery stores to compose the largest network of supermarkets in Canada. Loblaw Companies manages sister companies like Dominion Stores, Atlantic Superstore, Maxi & Cie, SaveEasy, SuperValu, and Valu-mart. The grocery store retailer trades on the TSX as L and generates more than $30 billion in annual revenues. Loblaw maintains more than 6,600 properties throughout Canada, including over 100 Extra Foods stores. Company headquarters reside in Brampton, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Extra Foods: 14
Official Site: www.extrafoods.ca/LCLOnline/workWithUs.jsp