Online Job Application for East Side Mario’s Jobs
East Side Mario’s operates as a casual-dining restaurant chain featuring Italian-American cuisine. The restaurant chain offers pizza and pasta for take-out and dine-in services. East Side Mario’s provides fun atmospheres while maintaining quality ingredients and focusing on family values and surrounding communities. The restaurant chain maintains over 100 locations across Canada and employs more than 6,000 workers.
The pizza and pasta chain began operations in 1987. Today, parent company Prime Restaurants maintains and operates all Canadian locations. East Side Mario’s uses fresh ingredients and hand-makes many dishes in house. Authentic menu items and entertaining decorations help generate widespread appreciation and publicity for East Side Mario’s. Bars featuring extensive beer and wine listings also build solid customer bases for the Italian restaurant chain.
East Side Mario’s offers many entry-level positions to job seekers. Typically, jobs available suit high school and college students, part-time workers, and retirees. In addition, East Side Mario’s hires career-minded applicants for supervisory roles, management positions, and corporate openings. East Side Mario’s usually hires new team members with open schedules, positive attitudes, and excellent customer service skills. Aspiring employees may apply online or at a local East Side Mario’s restaurant to begin the hiring process.
East Side Mario’s Job Titles and Salary Information
Employment opportunities with East Side Mario’s mainly include entry-level jobs, such as host, server, and cook positions. Managerial opportunities exist for qualified applicants seeking a career with the restaurant company. Applicants must meet the required age of 16 for entry-level employment and 18 years of age for managerial consideration. Complete an East Side Mario’s application form to begin the hiring process for the following positions:
- The host position stands as an entry-level job offering both full-time and part-time employment.
- Primary responsibilities include greeting and seating customers, answering phones, helping servers, and keeping work areas clean.
- Qualified workers with great customer service skills, organizational skills, and written and verbal communication skills stand a great chance for hiring over other applicants.
- Average pay begins around minimum wage for hosts and may raise to $11.00 an hour.
- Servers with East Side Mario’s interact with customers and provide sales information and food specials.
- The duties and responsibilities for servers consist of taking food orders, answering customer questions, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Additional duties may include keeping work areas clean and assisting other coworkers.
- East Side Mario’s servers possess fun, energetic attitudes, work well with other team members, communicate well, and stay organized.
- Servers may earn hourly pay of $9.00, plus tips.
- The responsibilities for East Side Mario’s cooks include maintaining proper food handling and storage procedures, adhering to safety guidelines, and working as a team player.
- Additionally, cooks must keep kitchens clean and sanitized, prepare food for customers in a timely manner, and maintain kitchen equipment.
- Cooks begin with East Side Mario’s around $10.00 per hour.
- Applicants with cooking and kitchen experience stand to earn $13.00 an hour or more.
- East Side Mario’s managers provide motivation for restaurant team members.
- A manager maintains restaurant sales and goals, hires and trains new employees, delegates work to subordinates, schedules workers, and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Qualified applicants must stand at least 18 years of age, possess great leadership and organizational skills, and communicate efficiently to work as East Side Mario’s managers.
- Typically, managers earn an annual salary beginning around $35,000.
- Experienced East Side Mario’s managers may earn up to $60,000 per year.
Benefits of Working at East Side Mario’s
East Side Mario’s offers employee benefits to qualified workers. Eligible restaurant associates receive competitive pay scales, flexible hours, complimentary uniforms, continuous skill development, and advancement opportunities. East Side Mario’s may also provide healthcare benefits, such as medical, dental, and vision insurance options, short-term and long-term disability, and prescription drug coverage. Qualified East Side Mario’s employees receive access to 401(k) retirement plans, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and wellness programs. Additionally, associates with East Side Mario’s enjoy employee contests, staff parties, and involvement in community charities and organizations.
East Side Mario’s developed through a merger between several restaurants. The pizza and pasta chain began as a subsidiary of Yesac Creative Foods and opened the first location in 1987 in Miami, FL. Yesac Creative Foods needed to expand the brand in Canada and sold East Side Mario’s to Prime Restaurants in 1989. Today, Prime Restaurants stands as the parent company to East Side Mario’s. The restaurant chain has earned several awards throughout the years, such as Ontario Restaurant News Restaurateur of the Year, Readers’ Choice Award 2006, Entrepreneur of the Year 2003, and Pinnacle Award – Restaurant Company of the Year. Today, the East Side Mario’s maintains more than 100 locations throughout Canada.
East Side Mario’s menus feature Italian-American cuisine offering many combinations of pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and dinner entrees. The pizza menu offers traditional pizzas, specialty pizzas, and an assortment of pizza toppings. Pasta entrees from East Side Mario’s include bowties, spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, linguine, penne, and stuffed pastas. Customers may order shrimp, chicken, or scallops with pasta dinners. Additionally, the restaurant chain offers steaks, grilled salmon, ribs, chicken strips, wings, and hot and cold sandwiches. East Side Mario’s features endless servings of soup, salad, and garlic homeloaf. Menus also include wine, fresh shakes, lemonades, soft drinks, and signature cocktails and fruit sangrias.
The restaurant chain stands as a subsidiary of parent company Prime Restaurants. East Side Mario’s operates over 100 restaurants throughout Canada and employs roughly 6,000 associates. Prime Restaurants also operates Casey’s Bar & Grill, Pat and Mario’s, Fionn MacCool, and Bier Markt Esplanade. A public company, Prime Restaurants trades on the TSX under the symbol, EAT. Headquarters for the East Side Mario’s chain reside in Mississauga, Ontario.
Minimum age to work at East Side Mario’s: 16
Official Site: www.primerestaurants.com/careers_current.asp