Online Job Application for Dominion Jobs
Dominion operates a small chain of grocery stores in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Originally Ayre’s Supermarkets, the grocery store chain purchased the rights to the Dominion name from the former Metro Inc. owned chain in 2008. As of February 2013, Dominion operated nearly a dozen locations throughout Newfoundland. Roughly 1,000 employees work for Dominion.
Like most other grocery store chains, Dominion offers customers fresh produce, meat, dairy, deli, bakery, and seafood selections. Other products sold at Dominion supermarkets include non-perishable food items, alcohol, and tobacco products. Some locations also include in-house pharmacies and ophthalmology labs. Dominion maintains locations in major cities across the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Stores in the provincial capital of St. John’s and other metropolitan areas generate large customer bases and spur popularity of the brand.
The most widely available job opportunities with the regional grocery store chain include part-time, entry-level positions. Dominion also hires workers for full-time jobs and professional careers in management and other corporate capacities. Applicants with experience in the supermarket industry may receive additional hiring consideration over other candidates. Dominion regularly hires confident and customer-oriented individuals. Contact a local Dominion grocery store or apply online to begin the hiring process now.
Dominion Jobs and Salary Information
The minimum hiring age falls at 14 in the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Special work permits allow applicants under the age of 14 to gain employment in the province, as well. Dominion honors provincial minimum hiring ages but generally hires workers 14 and older for available jobs. Work often features paid training opportunities, competitive base pay, career growth potential, and supportive job settings. Dominion needs to hire motivated individuals for the following positions:
- Applicants in search of Dominion cashier employment opportunities must possess sound customer service skills.
- Familiarity with computer systems may also benefit prospective employees.
- Primary job duties include handling money, completing transactions, and greeting customers.
- Cashiers also carry out bagger duties at most Dominion locations.
- Pay begins around minimum wage and increases up to $12.00 or $13.00 per hour.
- Job duties for clerk associates with Dominion vary by department.
- Most clerks carry out some form of customer service in addition to departmental responsibilities, such as maintaining equipment, cleaning work areas, and assisting in sales.
- Some clerk positions may hold odd or irregular hours.
- Oftentimes, Dominion hires applicants with the ability to perform manual labor or work on foot for long periods of time.
- Minimum wage represents the average starting pay rate for clerk workers.
- Dominion clerks may earn as much as $13.00 an hour.
- Individuals with the proper certification may apply online with Dominion for work as pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- Basic requirements include two-year or four-year degrees from accredited schools and industry experience.
- Job duties for Dominion Canada pharmacy jobs include dispensing and filling prescriptions, informing customers of possible medication reactions and allergen information, and ringing up purchases.
- Pharmacy technicians generally work full-time and earn between $22,000 and $32,000 per year, on average.
- Salary options for Dominion pharmacists reach as high as $100,000 annually.
- Opportunities for work in Dominion management range from supervisory roles to assistant manager and store manager jobs.
- Supervisors generally enforce policies and protocol, delegate departmental tasks, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assistant managers with Dominion hire and train new workers, set schedules, and help store managers carry out administrative assignments.
- Store managers mainly perform clerical job duties, such as payroll, inventory, and communicating with company corporate offices.
- Dominion supervisors often start out at $12.00 an hour. Assistant managers receive pay from $40,000 to $50,000 per year.
- Annual salary rates for store managers may exceed $100,000 at some locations, depending on experience and time spent with the supermarket chain.
Benefits of Working at Dominion
Flexible work schedules, paid training opportunities, and competitive wages stand as some of the biggest draws of working for the Newfoundland-based grocery store chain. Dominion also offers generous associate discounts to workers and comprehensive employment benefits packages featuring financial planning assistance and healthcare options. Apply online to find full details on available Dominion work benefits today.
As a subsidiary of Loblaws Companies Ltd., Dominion offers qualified employees a wide variety of job benefits. Employee benefits packages generally consist of 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, healthcare coverage, tuition reimbursement, and employee stock purchase programs. Eligible associates also gain access to incentives programs and continued education opportunities. Interested individuals should fill out an online application form with Dominion for more information.
Dominion began as division of department store chain Ayre and Sons. In 1963, now-defunct supermarket chain Dominion Stores Ltd. purchased Ayre’s Supermarkets. The resulting grocery store chain adopted the Dominion name in 1985. After parent company Dominion Stores Ltd. fell in 2008, the Newfoundland chain acquired branding rights and retained the name Dominion. Nearly a dozen Dominion grocery stores operated as of 2013.
Products and Services
Generally maintained as standalone locations, Dominion supermarkets offer thousands of products at reasonable prices. Dominion specializes in baked goods, deli products, meats, seafood, dairy products, non-perishable food items, and fresh produce. Many locations also house pharmacies, photo labs, and ophthalmologist offices. The grocery store chain regularly offers special deals and promotions, as well.
Dominion operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Ltd. One of the largest grocery store retailers in Canada, Loblaw Companies maintains 22 separate brands consisting of more than 1,000 supermarkets. Annual revenues for the Canadian conglomerate reach in excess of $30 billion. Company headquarters reside in Brampton, ON, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Dominion: 14
Official Site: www.loblaw.ca/careers