Online Job Application for Dollarama Jobs
With more than 800 stores, Dollarama needs to hire a sizable workforce. Job seekers may find plenty part-time opportunities and full-time positions with the retail company.
Dollarama Job Opportunities
Job opportunities available at Dollarama provide part-time and full-time employment hunters ample options for work. The retail industry provides great experience for first-time employees. Experienced retail workers may find advanced employment with Dollarama, as well. Join over 12,500 team members by applying with Dollarama.
The most common positions for hire include entry-level jobs featuring part-time hours. Dollarama also hires full-time job seekers for careers in management. Minimum age requirements for Dollarama jobs include workers 16 and over. Some stores and positions may require applicants to stand at least 18 years of age.
Available Dollarama Positions and Salary Information
Dollarama needs to hire motivated individuals for the following jobs:
Store associates perform several responsibilities with Dollarama. Store associates often:
- Operate cash registers, stock merchandise, maintain clean sales floors, and assist in opening or closing job duties.
- Training for Dollarama store jobs typically lasts only a few weeks.
- Pay scales for store associates fall around minimum wage, although Dollarama employees may earn more with good merit and experience gained.
Dedicated Dollarama workers with solid performance may receive promotions into key holder positions. Dollarama key holders usually:
- Hand down directives from store managers and assistant managers.
- Additionally, key holders perform the same duties as regular sales associates, including stocking shelves, cashing out customer orders, and monitoring store cleanliness.
- Dollarama key holders earn around $10.00 to $11.00 an hour at most locations.
Dollarama store managers keep staff members on task at retail locations. Hiring representatives usually promote current store associates into management positions. Managers must:
- Enforce all store policies and procedures to work effectively.
- Outside of monitoring stores, Dollarama managers communicate with corporate figures, create and balance budgets, complete payroll, schedule shifts, and oversee hiring.
- Managers with the Canadian discount retailer often receive salary packages between $30,000 and $45,000 per year.
- Complete an online application form for more information on available Dollarama jobs and specific work requirements.
Benefits of Working at Dollarama
In addition to rewarding job experiences, Dollarama offers several employee benefits to qualified workers. Job benefits entail both health and wellness and financial sustainability assistance. Eligibility requirements for Dollarama benefits include job title, experience with the company, and employment status. For example, part-time associates may not earn the same work benefits as full-time Dollarama employees.
Insurance & Savings Packages
Typical financial planning assistance provided to eligible Dollarama workers includes wealth management plans, financial savings programs, and 401(k) retirement plans. Medical coverage from Dollarama includes general health, vision, and dental insurance. Other employment benefits available from Dollarama include paid vacation, sick time, and holiday bonuses. Parent company Bain Capital currently administers and oversees job benefits for Dollarama associates.
More About Dollarama
Founded in 1992, Dollarama sells discount items in friendly retail settings. Dollarama maintains over 800 discount stores across Canada. Most Dollarama stores reside in strip malls and shopping centers across the country, in addition to standalone locations. Boston-based equity firm Bain Capital owns Dollarama.
How Does Dollarama Work?
Dollarama prices each item at around $3.00 or less. Customers find cleaning supplies, toys, candy, kitchenware, party supplies, and select grocery items at reasonable prices. By purchasing goods direct from the manufacturer, Dollarama possesses the ability to sell items at steep discounts. Price levels with Dollarama include $1.00, $1.25, $1.50, and $2.00, which draw large crowds of customers to stores on a regular basis.
Dollarama officially began in 1992. The first store opened in Matane in Eastern Quebec. After 10 years of steady growth, Dollarama began to move westward toward provinces, like Alberta and British Columbia. Today, Dollarama oversees more than 700 retail locations across all Canadian provinces, most of which stand corporate-owned.
Products and Services
The retail chain sells hundreds of discount products, mostly between $1.00 and $3.00. Popular brands stocked in Dollarama stores include Kraft, Nestle, Heinz, and Panasonic. Dollarama products also consist of Tupperware containers, kitchen supplies, gift wrap, toiletries, and other household goods. The Canadian retail chain often emails deals and other promotions to loyal shoppers.
Dollarama began public operations in the fall of 2009. The company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker, DOL. Nationally, Dollarama stores create over $1.4 billion in annual revenue. Corporate offices for Dollarama reside in Montreal, QC, Canada.
Minimum age to work at Dollarama: 16
Official Site: www.dollarama.com/careers/