Online Job Application for Dollar Tree Jobs
Dollar Tree operates a large, international chain of discount retailers with locations primarily in the U.S. and Canada. The company consists of roughly 4,300 stores and around 55,000 entry-level workers and experienced retail professionals. Dollar Tree expanded into Canada after a 2010 acquisition of discount retail chain Dollar Giant. Around 85 Dollar Tree stores operate in the North American country under the banner Dollar Tree Canada.
The popularity of Dollar Tree stems from low price points and easily accessible locations. Dollar Tree stores feature products selling for $1.00 or less. Consumers may find contemporary household conveniences, cleaning supplies, food, clothing, seasonal decorations, and other general merchandise well below even wholesale cost. Dollar Tree stores serve as ideal places for start-up businesses to find everyday necessities without overspending or going over budget. Online shopping capabilities through the company website enhance customer experiences as well and lead to increased patronage.
As a major, international retailer, Dollar Tree conducts hiring for entry-level jobs and professional careers on a regular basis. The most common positions available at Dollar Tree Canada stores include sales associate, cashier, and stock associate jobs. Career-minded applicants may find work as Dollar Tree Canada managers. Prospective employees with friendly, attentive, and team-oriented personalities typically fair well during Dollar Tree Canada interviews. Dollar Tree Canada also screens for motivated workers looking to move up into managerial and corporate roles. Fill out an application form or apply online to begin the hiring process for Dollar Tree Canada jobs today.
Dollar Tree Positions and Salary Info
Part-time, entry-level jobs represent the most widely available positions at Dollar Tree Canada stores. Dollar Tree Canada also regularly hires workers for full-time, entry-level work. Jobs available feature flexible scheduling, paid training opportunities, and career advancement opportunities. Minimum age requirements for employment consideration include prospective employees 16 and older. Learn more about Dollar Tree jobs for hire by consulting the following list:
- General job duties for cashiers involve customer service and computer operations.
- A typical day for Dollar Tree cashiers consists of greeting shoppers, ringing up purchases, completing transactions, and answering questions about products, services, merchandise, and policies.
- Cashiers sometimes carry out job duties of sales associates, as well.
- The job title involves standing in place for long periods of time and interacting directly with customers.
- Applicants with effective communication skills often receive hiring consideration over other applicants with Dollar tree.
- Cashiers often start out around minimum wage and receive roughly $11.00 per hour with experience.
- Dollar Tree regularly hires part-time and full-time job seekers to work as stock associates.
- Traditionally an entry-level position, stock associate workers primarily perform manual labor.
- Specific job duties involve erecting merchandise displays, stocking shelves, and unloading shipments as well as general maintenance.
- Pay hovers around minimum wage for Dollar Tree stock associates.
- Strong performance and time spent with the company may lead to hourly wages around $12.00.
- Aspiring career-oriented professionals should apply online for managerial roles at Dollar Tree Canada locations.
- Previous experience in management or in the retail industry may prove necessary for employment consideration.
- Dollar Tree managers conduct job interviews, schedule workers, oversee operations, and drive sales.
- Additional job responsibilities include maintaining inventory levels, processing payroll, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Specific job titles available include assistant manager and store manager.
- Assistant managers often start out around $13.00 or $14.00 an hour.
- Average pay for Dollar Tree assistant managers falls around $35,000 per year.
- Store manager often earn annual salary rates between $40,000 and $45,000, with experienced managers receiving in excess of $60,000 a year.
- Salary options typically depend on experience and Dollar Tree location.
Benefits of Working at Dollar Tree Canada
Dollar Tree Canada job benefits stand readily available for both part-time and full-time associates. Employees working at Dollar Tree locations gain access to financial planning assistance and health and wellness programs. Work benefits available to both part-time and full-time workers include discounts on products and services, paid training opportunities, and career growth programs.
Qualified Dollar Tree employees also receive extensive healthcare options as part of company employment benefits packages. Eligible store associates enjoy medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plans as well as life insurance options, long-term disability coverage, and 401(k) retirement plans. Work benefits packages for full-time employees typically include more extensive coverage than plans for part-time associates. Begin the Dollar Tree Canada hiring process to learn more about available employee benefits and eligibility requirements.
Dollar Tree Canada began as Dollar Giant in 2001. Another dollar price-point retail chain, Dollar Giant grew to more than 85 locations by 2010. The first Dollar Giant store opened in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In fall 2010, American dollar price-point retail chain Dollar Tree purchased Dollar Giant and began rebranding stores as Dollar Tree Canada. The discount retailer continues to expand and plans to open more locations throughout Canada in the near future.
Products and Services
A majority of Dollar Tree Canada stores operate as standalone locations. The price-point retailer sells an array of home goods and health and beauty products. Dollar Tree Canada also sells clothing and groceries at most locations. Customers may shop for Dollar Tree Canada products online through the company website.
Founded in 1986, Dollar Tree originally operated as a private company. In 1995, Dollar Tree began listing on the NASDAQ as DLTR. Annual revenues for the international discount retail chain reach in excess of $5.25 billion, with overall operating costs hovering around $512 million. Dollar Tree maintains corporate headquarters in Chesapeake, VA.
Minimum age to work at Dollar Tree: 16
Official Site: www.dollartreecanada.com/careers