Costco Jobs & Careers – Application Online – Employment Form
Costco ranks as one of the largest and most profitable companies in the world. Consistently ranked as a Top 500 company by Forbes Magazine, Costco generates nearly $90 billion in annual revenues and employs close to 92,000 workers.
Costco Job Opportunities
Full time & part time
Large warehouse department store chains like Costco hire both part-time and full-time job seekers to fill available employment opportunities. Most Costco Canada jobs involve some aspect of customer service.
Positions like stocker, forklift driver, and maintenance assistant may require manual labor. Applicants with open availability and strong work ethics typically receive hiring consideration over other applicants. Customer service skills prove the most important aspect of successful candidates.
Costco Positions and Salary Information
Typical hiring requirements for Costco Canada jobs include meeting the minimum age of 18. Additional employment requirements may consist of previous experience in the retail or department store industry and customer-oriented work ethics.
Entry-level workers generally need no real experience for employment consideration. Apply online or review the following list of positions to learn more about Costco jobs regularly for hire:
- A position commonly for hire at Costco stores, the job title of cashier involves greeting customers, operating cash registers, and answering questions about products, policies, pricings, and services.
- Costco cashier jobs involve handling money and working directly with the public.
- Applicants may need to possess some previous experience working with POS or computer systems prior to employment.
- Cashier associates sometimes share job duties with sales associates.
- Costco typically starts cashiers out well above minimum wage. Average starting pay hovers around $10.00 per hour.
- Experienced Costco cashiers may earn up to $12.00 or $13.00 in hourly pay.
- Read more about Costco Cashier jobs.
- Costco regularly hires applicants with exceptional customer service skills to work as sales assistants.
- Primary job duties for Costco sales assistants include maintaining orderly sales floors and assisting customers with purchases.
- Work often requires long periods of standing on foot and interacting with shoppers.
- Specific job duties vary by department. Sales assistants also start out above minimum wage and earn around $12.00 an hour, on average.
- The position of stocker represents a highly intensive job title at Costco stores.
- Available both part-time and full-time, stocker jobs require a great deal of physical endurance and manual labor.
- Key responsibilities of stocker employees include straightening, organizing, and stocking shelves, arranging product displays, and unloading and loading shipments.
- The ability to lift heavy objects greatly benefits stocker job applicants.
- The average Costco stocker earns around $12.50 per hour.
- Most new-hire stocker employees receive hourly wages between $10.00 and $11.00.
- Read more about Costco Stock Crew Member jobs.
As a department store chain, Costco needs to hire motivated workers for careers in supervisory and managerial roles throughout retail locations.
Shift supervisor represents the most easily accessible job title in management. Primary job duties for Costco shift supervisors include scheduling entry-level workers, delegating work, and enforcing procedure and protocol. Pay for a shift supervisor begins around $15.00 an hour, or roughly $31,000 per year.
Assistant managers, or department managers, carry out various clerical job duties and report to store managers. Assistant managers also process payroll and assist in the hiring process. Store managers directly oversee hiring and training of Costco employees, communicate with company corporate offices, place merchandise and product orders, drive sales, and increase brand awareness. Costco assistant managers earn approximately $50,000 in annual salary.
Store managers earn annual salary options in excess of $70,000. Read more about Costco Manager jobs.
Benefits of Working at Costco CanadaCostco provides part-time and full-time employees the ability to qualify for work benefits. Part-time hourly associates must complete a 180-day probationary period prior to receiving job benefits. Full-time hourly workers receive employment benefits after 90 days of probation. Permanent, salaried employees must complete probationary periods of at least one month in order to receive benefits packages. Additional eligibility requirements may vary store to store.
Insurance & savings packages
Large corporations like Costco care for workers and offer comprehensive employees benefits packages in addition to monetary compensation. Eligible department store associates receive medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plans, 401(k) retirement plans, employee stock purchase plans, life insurance options, and disability coverage. Company-provided uniforms and generous discounts on merchandise and services also exist for Costco workers. Contact a local Canadian Costco or apply online for further details on job benefits eligibility requirements and availability.
More About CostcoOne of the largest retailers in the world, Costco operates as a chain of membership-based discount, wholesale department stores. Around 600 Costco locations exist worldwide. Costco Canada accounts for roughly 80 locations. The international department store chain manages Costco retail locations in nine Canadian provinces. Costco emerged in the early 1980s as a way to capitalize on the growing wholesale distribution market. A merger with Price Club in 1993 paved the way for growth and, eventually, expansion into international markets like Canada.
How Does Costco Work?
The basic concept of Costco includes a membership-only customer base. After signing up for a renewable membership, consumers gain access to a wide variety of wholesale goods at distribution price points. The department retail chain sells everything from home and garden needs to toys, movies, music, groceries, and miscellaneous household goods. The ability to find large quantities of everyday necessities at discounted pricing generates solid customer bases and attracts thousands of new customers annually to Costco stores. Costco stores also provide online access to products through the company website.
Founded in Seattle, WA, in 1983, Costco quickly grew to stand as one of the largest retailers in the world. Two years later, the first Costco Canada opened followed by subsequent stores, which immediately increased pressure on competitor Price Club. Costco and Price Club eventually merged in 1993; however, Costco dropped Price Club roughly one year later. Costco rebranded Price Club locations and existing Costco stores as Costco Wholesale Club in 1997.
Products and Services
The basic Costco business model includes a membership-only customer base. Patrons must obtain paid-for memberships in order to shop at Costco stores. Costco operates in department store warehouse fashion and sells home goods, electronics, groceries, health and beauty products, and miscellaneous household items in bulk. Stores operate out of giant warehouses typically located in suburban settings or major metropolitan areas. Costco stores also operate in rural areas and small towns along major highways.
Minimum age to work at Costco: 18
Official Site: www.costco.ca/jobs.html