Online Job Application for A&W Jobs
A&W Canada operates as a fast-food restaurant chain with over 750 locations. A&W restaurants reside in shopping centers, airports, and highway and gas convenience locations as well as in standalone locations, as well. The restaurant chain employs approximately 21,000 full-time and part-time workers across Canada. A&W locations operate under privately-held A&W Food Services of Canada, Inc.
A&W Job Opportunities
A&W maintains restaurant locations throughout Canada. The company hires entry-level personnel on a regular basis to keep restaurant operations at a premium. Job seekers may apply online or visit a restaurant location to submit a written request for employment. Job opportunities at A&W may include cashier, cook, supervisor, assistant manager, kitchen supervisor, and general manager opportunities. Entry-level positions require little-to-no work experience. However, applicants seeking professional careers must usually possess a college degree and/or related work experience.
A&W readily hires new entry-level workers to keep restaurant operations at company standards. New applicants for employment with A&W must meet the required age limit of 16 years for hiring consideration. A&W offers competitive pay options, a friendly team environment, and flexible scheduling.
A&W Job Titles and Salary Options
Job seekers may begin the A&W hiring process with the completion of an online application form for the following jobs:
The role of cashier consists of front counter service, which includes:
- Greeting customers, taking food and beverage orders, maintaining customer satisfaction, handling money, and ensuring quality A&W products.
- Ideal candidates maintain a positive attitude, display great written and communication skills, and work as a team player.
- A&W cashiers must adhere to company policies and procedures regarding proper food handling techniques.
- Cashiers begin receiving hourly wages of $10.00, which may raise to $11.00 or $12.00 per hour with experience and time spent with the company.
A&W cooks prepare and cook burgers, fries, onion rings, and other fast food menu items. Furthermore, cooks must:
- Practice and follow all proper food handling procedures and kitchen equipment use protocol.
- Job seekers must possess a willingness to learn, ability to communicate and work well with others, and a flexible schedule to gain employment from A&W.
- The average pay for an A&W cook stands around $11.00 an hour and may increase with work experience.
Kitchen supervisors work closely with kitchen team members to ensure quality A&W products. Also, the kitchen supervisor’s duties include:
- Trains and oversees cooks to keep inventory control, instructs workers about food handling procedures, and reports to restaurant management.
- A&W kitchen supervisors display attributes in leadership, organization, and communication.
- Hourly pay rates for kitchen supervisors begin around $11.00 and increase up to about $13.00 per hour with work-related experience.
Applicants searching for higher-up career opportunities with A&W may consider manager positions. Job seekers must possess:
- Quality leadership and organizational skills, great written and verbal communication skills, and flexibility.
- A&W managers hire and train new employees, reach and surpass company goals, delegate work and schedule team members, and report to corporate offices.
- Typically, the starting salary for restaurant managers with A&W begins around $35,000 a year.
- Applicants with prior work experience may generate up to $50,000 per year.
A&W Employment Benefits
After hiring, A&W employees receive competitive pay scales, complimentary uniforms, award-winning training, and flexible scheduling. Other work benefits from A&W may consist of adoption assistance, education reimbursement, prescription drug, accidental death and dismemberment, and long-term and short-term disability. Employment seekers looking in the fast-food industry may apply online to learn more about job benefits offered at A&W restaurants.
Insurance & Savings Packages
Additionally, A&W provides life insurance, 401(k) retirement plans, disability coverage, and health insurance options, which may include medical, dental, and vision plans.
More About A&W
How Does A&W Work?
The first A&W restaurant in Canada opened in 1956 and began operations as a drive-in restaurant. Quickly becoming a fan-favorite, A&W expanded throughout the Canadian provinces and now provides quick-service food to patrons. The restaurant company still features the famous A&W Root Beer in frosted mugs. Many locations operate as franchisee-owned restaurants.
The first Canadian A&W drive-in restaurant opened in 1956 in Winnipeg, Canada. The restaurant proved a success, and the company flourished throughout the rest of the 1950s and 1960s. Today, A&W operates over 750 restaurants throughout Canada, with more than 21,000 employees. New, freestanding A&W restaurants replaced the original drive-ins of the 1950s and 1960s for faster, more convenient service. The restaurant chain expanded into shopping centers, highway service stations, and airports to provide more convenient locations for patrons.
A&W remains popular among customers with varieties of burgers, chicken products, sides, breakfast items, desserts, and soft drinks. A few of the burger choices include Baby Burger, Mama Burger, Grandpa Burger, Teen Burger, and Buddy Burger. A&W offer chicken sandwiches, strips, drumsticks, thighs, and wings. Many of the sides offered at A&W include fries, onion rings, gravy, salads, and coleslaw. Additionally, A&W provides a breakfast and dessert menu featuring breakfast sandwiches, toast, hash browns, and apple turnovers. The restaurant chain also serves many soft drinks, juice and milk, and milkshakes.
A&W operates as a private company, with a publicly traded income fund. The company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol, AW.UN. A&W Food Services of Canada Inc. stands as sole owner and operator of the A&W restaurant chain. The restaurant company produces over $950 million in revenue. A&W stands as the second-largest and fastest-growing burger chain in Canada.
Minimum age to work at A&W: 16
Official Site: app.awcda.ca/awhome.nsf/restaurant-opportunities